THE BROWNS BOARD

Free Agent Signing Thread

JewDago

add free agent signings here as they come in.

deangelo hall gets the honor of being first this year. he signed a six-year deal with the 'skins worth a total of $55 mil with $23 mil of it guaranteed. this means that they'll likely get rid of shawn springs or carlos rogers, though springs would be the likelier of the two because he's old.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Aloysius

I don't get all of these visits for St. Louis. At this point, they have less free cap space than the Browns.

The only logical explanation is that Orlando Pace and/or Torry Holt will be released or traded soon.

Guest Dacaddyman
holt is veteran a WR i'd like to see us bring in if the rams cut him; he has great hands and has consistently been one of the best route runners in the league. he's someone who could teach any WR how to better his game.

I remember how good Andre Rison was then they brought him in and they hardly used him. I have a feeling if they bring in Holt the same thing will happen

I hear all this talk of other teams signing players, but are we going to sign any? at all?

Just curious

with no big free agents out of new york that mangina has might have ties to, and kokinis not having any real relationships with players, i unfortunately don't see us signing any big names. i am affraid that if we did sign anybody it would be for way too much and we wouldn't have enough money to get anyone else.

with no big free agents out of new york that mangina has might have ties to, and kokinis not having any real relationships with players, i unfortunately don't see us signing any big names. i am affraid that if we did sign anybody it would be for way too much and we wouldn't have enough money to get anyone else.

We should see if romanowski wants to play again.... I hear he's in the best shape of his life o_o

I hear all this talk of other teams signing players, but are we going to sign any? at all?

Just curious

the only real chance we have of getting anybody would be because of ryan's connections to oakland players. we may be able to get some guys of defense but probably not

I read in one of Kok's interviews that they aren't planning on signing anyone 'fast'....but that they will see how the market goes early and go from there. It may not give us a BIG signing...but we should get our money's worth.

It also lends me to believe we will be trading for some draft picks...as later FA signings are not usually impact guys...so we will need draft picks to make that impact.

Plus...I think ManKok are trying to BUILD something....and NOT go for the 1yr turnaround...so we may see a lot less action than we are used to.

Housh is in Seattle. That might drop Crabtree in the draft.

Scott to NYJ might mean we'll be seeing a Jet LB come to play under Mangini again.

Like Eric Barton.

Not sure if Crabtree dropping to us is a good thing anymore...

Texans trade Rosenfels to

By John Clayton

ESPN.com

The Minnesota Vikings officially completed a trade with the Houston Texans to acquire Sage Rosenfels by reaching a two-year contract extension with the quarterback on Friday.

According to a source, Rosenfels agreed to a two-year, $9 million extension with the Vikings, who gave up a fourth-round draft choice to acquire him. Rosenfels had one year remaining on his deal with the Texans that would have paid him $1.35 million.

He flew to Minnesota on Thursday and was scheduled to undergo a physical Friday morning.

Rosenfels is expected to compete with Tarvaris Jackson for the starting role in Minnesota. The Vikings have been trying to acquire Rosenfels for more than a year.

Senior writer John Clayton covers the NFL for ESPN.com.

Archived