THE BROWNS BOARD

Sean Jones

Sturim

Stallworth, Vickers out; Smith, Adams in

Zac Jackson, Staff Writer

Want breaking Browns news like this delievered to your phone? Text 'browns' to 65579.

The Browns will play without offensive starters Donte' Stallworth and Lawrence Vickers today, but the defense will be at full strength for the first time this season.

Syndric Steptoe will start in place of Stallworth, and Charles Ali is set to make his first NFL start in place of Vickers.

Shaun Smith and Mike Adams return from injury for the defense, which also has starters Corey Williams and Sean Jones set to play after being listed as questionable during the week.

Stallworth is out after re-aggravating the quad injury that caused him to miss the first four games including the first meeting with the Ravens. Vickers was unable to practice this week after injuring his ankle last week in Jacksonville.

The Browns' other inactives are Beau Bell, Martin Rucker, Scott Young, Hamza Abdullah and third quarterback Ken Dorsey.

Guest ATENEARS

Actually Sean Jones suited up for most big gains that were had on us ... I'd cut him on Monday, he's Percy Ellsworth reborn.

If you call playing 30 yards off the line of scrimmage playing, then yes he was in, but if your requirement for actually 'playing' is being in the game and being in the play, then 'NO' he did not step foot on the field today.

Our other 10 on Defense just sucked despite his front row seat.

Don't forget the first Ravens TD where Jones inexplicably was caught looking into the backfield instead of, y'know, paying attention to the guy running buy him.

Have to agree he's overrated at this point.

Doesn't "overrated" imply that the majority concensus is that he is/was worth a sh!t at some point?

Guest ATENEARS
Doesn't "overrated" imply that the majority concensus is that he is/was worth a sh!t at some point?

Yeah, as in early season reports that he ranks up there with other Division safeties such as Poly & Ed Reed .... not even close.

The Ravens put up 429 yrds of offense and Jones was in on ONE tackle.

Yeah, as in early season reports that he ranks up there with other Division safeties such as Poly & Ed Reed .... not even close.

The Ravens put up 429 yrds of offense and Jones was in on ONE tackle.

He blew the coverage on the long TD pass Flacco had and looked like a real (girl) trying

to tackle McLain(?) on jis TD run. Sit him down!!!!!

Guest ATENEARS

I won't let this Sean Jones thing die ... not this week, because he was absolutly horrible in this game and needs to be singled out.

I spent some time downloading this lowlight film and stopping, re-starting, pausing and dissecting how out of position we were on the Ravens big plays.

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80c2b89e

On Rice's 18-yrd run to the 2-yrdline, Sean Jones was playing only 5 yards off the line on the same side Rice ran too. Rice again swatted Jones away like a sissyboy 7 yards downfield. The Ravens stunted everyone right, and Rice runs left against the grain. Alex Hall barely gets touched, in fact Hall may have been chipping his blocker and then Hall takes way too much of an outside approach, getting left behind as Rice was already off the left tackle and past the line of scrimmage. A back peddling Sean Jones then waits until the runner runs him down and Jones makes a pansy-ass swipe at Rice while getting bitch-slapped away by a stiff arm.

Hall & Jones both could have been in on a gang tackle had they played this more aggressive and hammered Rice inside instead of Hall taking himself out of the play outside and Jones waiting for the play to get to him instead of putting his hat into the play.

Two plays later Rice runs directly into the chest of Sean Jones, blowing him up at the goal line on his way to an easy TD.

On the play that Eric Wright 'slipped' and fell down. We had 9-men in the box and single man-to-man coverage on the 2-receiver set (it was 1st & ten). Wright starts off playing right off the line, but retreats to 8-yards off the ball at the snap. The pass was an 8 yarder (2 yrds before the sticks) and Wright in making up so much cushion gets juked in open field. Sean Jones was not at fault here because we were obviously planning for a run.

When Rice had that long run near the end of the game, Sean Jones made his lame ass, fall down, attempt to finger tackle, Rice 36 yards downfield. Ok, let me set the table for you; The Raven run Rice off the right tackle, he jukes our OLB out of his shorts and busts into the secondary, where 30-yards later he finally catches up with Sean Jones and easily swats him away like childs play.

36-freaking yards before you are making an attempt to tackle a guy that ran to your side of the field, are you kidding me?

Hey Sean Jones, where was that type of deep help when McDonald was beaten deep on Flacco's 55yrds (through the air) TD pass in the first quarter?

If Sean Jones is still injurred (even mentally) then get him the hell out of there. I haven't seen such poor safety play since Percy Ellsworth was here.

If Sean Jones is still injurred (even mentally) then get him the hell out of there. I haven't seen such poor safety play since Percy Ellsworth was here.

He played so well at the end of last season. Maybe it's the knee or the missed practice time, whatever is it totally effed the team yesterday. Yeah I'd rather see Mike Adams and Pool on the field.

This is a contract year for Jones, so maybe he's playing still hurt. He didn't play badly last week, but this week he played like ass through and through.

He keeps this type of play up and he won't need to worry about signing that big contract.

Archived