THE BROWNS BOARD

What About Drew Bennett?

ITHIKA

Drew Bennett was just released by the Rams where he hasn't done much of anything in the last two seasons with them. Prior to that with the Titans he had several good seasons and is a great possession receiver almost a duplicate of Joe J who we know may not come back from his injury. I think Bennett would come very cheap and add some much needed solid vet depth to this WR core, a great 2 or 3 guy. Was he injured this past season and was it serious, is that why they let him go? If the guy is healthy we need to sign him. What are your thoughts?

CHECK OUT THIS CATCH OVER TOWNSEND VS THE STOOLERS!

Drew Bennett was just released by the Rams where he hasn't done much of anything in the last two seasons with them. Prior to that with the Titans he had several good seasons and is a great possession receiver almost a duplicate of Joe J who we know may not come back from his injury. I think Bennett would come very cheap and add some much needed solid vet depth to this WR core, a great 2 or 3 guy. Was he injured this past season and was it serious, is that why they let him go? If the guy is healthy we need to sign him. What are your thoughts?

Tall possession receiver sounds good to me....

Jets released WR Laveranues Coles.

He requested the move after the two sides failed to reach a long-term deal. Coles passed up a guaranteed $6M salary and "trusts his agent" can find a big contract, but he's taking a big risk. Coles is turning 31, his deep speed has diminished, and he's not guaranteed to get a monster deal even in a poor receiver market. Coles is open to returning to New York. "We didn't leave on bad terms," he said. "It's not out of the question that I could come back."

Source: Newark Star-Ledger

www.rotoworld.com

Wonder if he was a Mangini-type guy. I've always loved his play but he is slightly aging...

Bennett hasn't done a damn thing in the NFL for at least the last three years. The catch on Townsend is laughable. He barely left his feet for the ball and had Deshea tracked the ball properly the TD would have never occurred. If you're going to post a video of Bennett I'm sure you can find a better one that that....weak sauce. What's with all the "should we try this guy out posts" around here? Most of the guys being discussed are well past their prime or completely unproductive. I think the best one was Lawyer Milloy, who has done absolutely nothing over the last 4 years. You already have one oldie in McGinest. Now a guy like Cato June may be worth looking at if I were the Stains.

I'd bring bennett in, why not? Third down reciever on the cheap at 6'6", he has hands! bOY O BOY DID WE MISS jOE j LAST YEAR!

JJ will be back for his final year and if there is a problem there Winslow will be in the slot. The problem is a stretch the field guy that Stallworth was suppose to be.

Guest Masters
Braylon is totally a deep threat. Just because he isn't running 4.3s doesn't mean he isn't a deep threat. Braylon stretches the field. We need someone who will go underneath and across the middle with some consistency.

While Edwards is certainly a deep threat, CLE needs a deep threat opposite of him that can stretch the field. Not for deep passes, but the threat, so teams can't always double Edwards with a saftey over the top. That is the problem and a guy who is just an underneith doesn't solve that problem. CLE can already do that w/ their TEs.

Archived