THE BROWNS BOARD

C Jeff Saturday wants to play for Stoolers

Guest mz.

Three-time Pro Bowl center Jeff Saturday, who becomes an unrestricted free agent at 12:01 a.m. Friday, wants to join the Steelers. And not necessarily as a center.

"I talked to Jeff after the Super Bowl, and he said if you can get me there, that would be beautiful," said Pittsburgh-based agent Ralph Cindrich. "This is a Rooney-type of guy if ever there was one."

Well that would shore up their line for a couple of years...

via here.

I think he's on the proverbial last leg. Missed quite a few games this year for the first time. He's in his mid 30's.

If the Steelers get him he could help for one year, but beyond that they can't count on him.

So was Jeff Hartings !!! And he lasted 4 years...lol... we can Deal with that ...

I think he's on the proverbial last leg. Missed quite a few games this year for the first time. He's in his mid 30's.

If the Steelers get him he could help for one year, but beyond that they can't count on him.

The Steelers could Juice him up and he will be fine!!!! :lol:

I doubt we would pass up on any good O-linemen that we come across in the draft even if we sign Saturday.

Agreed. However I think good o-line prospects can be had in the later rounds. I could see the Steelers taking a corner in the first round. Moore or Alphonso Smith possibly. I also like Tyson Jackson. We need to get Willie Colon back inside and either draft someone for tackle or toss Tony Hills in there and see what happens. The first round hinges on whether we re-sign McFadden in my opinion and I hope we can and do.

So was Jeff Hartings !!! And he lasted 4 years...lol... we can Deal with that ...

Hartings was around 28 when the Steelers signed him...Saturday will be 34 in June.

Those 4 years you got put Hartings younger than Saturday is now!

Do any of these Steeler fans have a clue?

How much help do they need? Last summer, everybody on this board said the Steelers O-Line was the worst they had ever seen and that the big bad Browns would beat the shit out of us - how did that work for you guys? :lol:

Concussion # 8 happened.

Hartings was around 28 when the Steelers signed him...Saturday will be 34 in June.

Those 4 years you got put Hartings younger than Saturday is now!

Do any of these Steeler fans have a clue?

He was 29... and Didnt realize Saturday was That old... Dont follow the Colts all that close.... But I looked at stats and Hartings played 163 Games in his career. 149 for Saturday. I am thinking we could get a year out of him.

He was 29... and Didnt realize Saturday was That old... Dont follow the Colts all that close.... But I looked at stats and Hartings played 163 Games in his career. 149 for Saturday. I am thinking we could get a year out of him.

So now you are thinking you could get a year out of him, huh? Hmmmmm.....Wasn't that in my original post?

Besides the point that I was correct when I guessed that Hartings was 'around' 28 when the Steelers signed him, I decided to go ahead and look it up after your most recent post.....You were wrong again. What a shocker.

Hartings turned 29 in September when he had already started playing for the Steelers. As I said before, they signed him a few months before when he was 28.

It's funny, you say now you don't follow the Colts that close but you sure were quick to comment about something you don't know much about! A sign of common sense.

Archived