THE BROWNS BOARD

Urban Meyer extended to 2020

WalterWhite

A lot of the reasons for why some here are so sure Harbaugh will bounce, can be equally applied to Meyer...

The biggest reason Harbaugh will leave is the NFL. He will not be able to stay away.

Meyer doesn't have that. He has never coached in the NFL.

How long do you think Meyer will be at OSU, and what do you think he'll be doing after?

I think he will be here at the minimun 10 years.

And when he retires, he will be sitting back counting his 6-10 rings

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

When Ohio,State hired Myer everyone in Tampa went on a hate binge. Not me, my Dad went there, I went there, and Urban is worth the money.

I wonder if that will affect his budget for assistant coaches. One of the reasons Harbaugh volunteered to take less (he was offered slightly higher than this $6.5m I think) was to have more money bringing in top level assistants.

I can't think of the last major hire where this wasn't said. Call me when a coach doesn't ask for a raise or extension for this purpose. Sumlin said this when he was hired (and he was hired very cheaply), then reamed us for $5M in only his second season. THEN made us go drop $1.8 just on a DC to cover up his failure.

Sucks for you.

We have some very experienced, highly sought after assistants. Many with NFL experience. If they want the money, give it to them. Harbaugh is a good guy for taking less. If he wants more down the road, give it to him. He's easily worth it.

We're Michigan for Christ's sake. We have the money.

Yeah and I'm saying if you have the money then you should just give up the whole "oh he's such a great guy for taking less money so we can get better assistants" ruse. And yes, it was bogus when we used it too, both with Sumlin and Sherman.

I guess. I would say though that the salary being offered to Harbaugh originally was higher than what 95% of colleges have ever offered a coach.

Thankfully, with Brandon out at AD, we're actually paying coaches appropriately. We have a shit load of money, get the best coach and give him the resources he needs to get the best staff.

Archived