THE BROWNS BOARD

REY REY sliding.... Curry going in top 3.... I got one thing to say!

Roy.E.Munson

I'm all for trading pick#5, but there has to be someone available at #5 that is attractive enough to other teams to make the deal. Seems to me that more guys are dropping from the early picks than are moving very far up.

Mike

I'm all for trading pick#5, but there has to be someone available at #5 that is attractive enough to other teams to make the deal. Seems to me that more guys are dropping from the early picks than are moving very far up.

Mike

The best hope I can dream up seems to be that Jason Smith or Monroe fall to us and teams think the Bengals would grab one of them (which they might) and might try to trade up.

I understand people think you can't get value for a top 5 pick, but in this years draft I would trade down to 12 or so for just that team's 2nd rounder. I really want another 2nd rounder. I don't know the trade value chart, but I'm sure its not worth the number 5 pick. But, if no one of need is there at 5, we could trade down and pick up Cushing, Rey, etc. and pick up an extra 2nd rounder.

After all that, I still don't think we'll find a trading partner.

Him and Cushings are my two favorite lbs I think. Drinking Shep's USC koolaid I guess.

Lol on the shep koolaid...;)

Clay jr and cushings are 2 guys that look as though they could fit well in our static 2 gap defense..its clay matthews son you take a chance on him you win..rey rey fell off my radar after a poor combine showing and what i percieved as a somewhat lacking heart...i really hope mankok can do something special for the team this draft/FA but i wouldnt bank on it..

The best hope I can dream up seems to be that Jason Smith or Monroe fall to us and teams think the Bengals would grab one of them (which they might) and might try to trade up.

I understand people think you can't get value for a top 5 pick, but in this years draft I would trade down to 12 or so for just that team's 2nd rounder. I really want another 2nd rounder. I don't know the trade value chart, but I'm sure its not worth the number 5 pick. But, if no one of need is there at 5, we could trade down and pick up Cushing, Rey, etc. and pick up an extra 2nd rounder.

After all that, I still don't think we'll find a trading partner.

xxxx value

Offer to trade down for a high 3rd.

The 33 we may get for DA + our 5th in the second could net us Mathews and Cushing or atleast one of them and a great DE.

Trade down and get C2

539560.jpg

I know somone will go after Crabtree if he is still there!

How about it !

523188.jpg

CLASSIC POST! LOVE that movie Kingpin.

Trade down is sounding better and better all the time.

Certain schools have treated us well like USC on defense (offense was another story): Chip Banks and Clay Matthews. On the other hand, the Florida State kids haven't lived up to the expectations from Ron Simmons to Greg Allen to Dan Footman to Kam Wimbley. We sort of got Munsoned there. The irony is we'll have Everett brown of FSU on our doorstep and we'll also have opportunities for Rey, Clay or Cush from USC. If we land Clay, that means we wheeled and dealed for more draft picks which doesn't suck.

If you like WRs - this draft is allegedly deep in WR talent so we can get a decent bang for the buck in a mid round.

- Tom F.

Clay and Cushing hate each other...just something to consider if you want to draft both of them.

Really?

I don't like to hear about teammates hating each other, it doesn't bode well for either one.

I'm beginning to stiffen up for Clay, I've always said the genetics in that family should be bottled and sold, and this kid hasn't even hit his stride yet.

C2 seems like he has a fun sense of humor in an interview I saw.

Cushing seems like a Jack Lambert, just plain frumpy and po'd on a good day,

at anybody. I think it's Rey he hates, after that goofball interview video of Rey

picking at him while he was being interviewed.

From what I hear, Clay and Cushing were competing for so long for playing time that they started hating each other's guts.

That would make sense, C3 played ilb, olb and de.

I'm sure everyone at those spots hated him.

Which is why I love this kid.

He goes everywhere, does everything and happily embraces it.

He's smart and is bound to be a quality guy for years to come.

Honestly I'd go nuts if we traded down and we grabbed Cushing and C3.

That would make sense, C3 played ilb, olb and de.

I'm sure everyone at those spots hated him.

Which is why I love this kid.

He goes everywhere, does everything and happily embraces it.

He's smart and is bound to be a quality guy for years to come.

Honestly I'd go nuts if we traded down and we grabbed Cushing and C3.

That would be a dream come true, to be able to pick up 2 studs like that in this draft would greatly improve our defense.

Guest Aloysius

There's a report over at the OBR that the Browns' FO doesn't view Matthews as a scheme fit. And they're said to be interested in Cushing and Maualuga, but not at #5.

If this "silly season" report is accurate, my guess is that the Browns don't view Matthews as a good fit because he's exclusively an undersized WOLB, which is Wimbley's spot.

I'd be curious where the Browns see Cushing playing in their defense. In the one game he played at ILB this year, 290 lb. OG C.E. Kaiser was all up in his grill all game long. Cushing didn't look to be comfortable playing inside, though a little more experience could change that.

Personally, I think Cushing would be better off playing 4-3 SLB.

Archived