THE BROWNS BOARD

Another Squeeler jumps ship

Pumpkin Eater

Hell....they won the division and still had the lowest attendance in the league from their season ticket holders......Goodell even approached Rooney to discuss why their stadium is never full......

Really? Yet they claim to have people on a waiting list that will have to wait years and years to get a ticket.

Is what you are saying that they have one of the highest percentage of "no shows"?

I am curious about 2 things: A. Is that true? Can you show where you get this info? B. Why would that be. I mean, I know that the fan base is replete with FRAKs, but that is just the general dumb public out there. The real Pittsboigers I would not think would be that way. I mean that is smallish stadium.....only 26th among NFL stadiums in capacity. Why would not the true Steeler fans show up. Certainly there are plenty of them IN Pittsburgh......the FRAKs are usually located elsewhere. Just curious....is there an explanation?

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This thread is getting ridiculous. The Steelers are a better team and a better franchise than the Browns. Hopefully that ends soon, which is very possible. End of story.

Not the last time they played. 31-10 Browns. I really don't think that was much of a fluke.

It is just something about the Browns that they always choke in the latter part of a season.

Really? Yet they claim to have people on a waiting list that will have to wait years and years to get a ticket.

Is what you are saying that they have one of the highest percentage of "no shows"?

I am curious about 2 things: A. Is that true? Can you show where you get this info? B. Why would that be. I mean, I know that the fan base is replete with FRAKs, but that is just the general dumb public out there. The real Pittsboigers I would not think would be that way. I mean that is smallish stadium.....only 26th among NFL stadiums in capacity. Why would not the true Steeler fans show up. Certainly there are plenty of them IN Pittsburgh......the FRAKs are usually located elsewhere. Just curious....is there an explanation?

here ya go...

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24775640/goodell-talks-to-steelers-owner-about-fan-no-show-problem-at-home-games

No, but I'll post from the realism shelter. Moo-moo retired, IIRC so did Kiesel & Worlds. IkeTaylor- who wouldn't have even made the Browns roster is gone. You will be relevant as long as Ben can stay in one piece, and Bell can stay out of doperville. .

So yeah- dammit- we're the STEELERS- we're just going to keep on pulling first round talent out of the fourth round forever- and I doubt it.

The writing has been on the wall for both ike and troy for months. No one was blind sided by their decisions to retire. It was expected and believe IG or not wanted by a majority of the steeler faithful and made pretty clear by the front office. I would have liked to see Troy stay on, on a less prominent role just so he didn't have go out on essentially a losing season. Worilds was not going to be on our roster unless he wanted go play on a reasonable deal. We will be drafting another lb in the first or second round. A cornerback being involved as well. I'm hoping its Peters.

We drafted tuitt to replace keisel and he will. He's already shown he's ready to step up. We have a ridiculous surplus at middle line backer and I won't be shocked to see Shazier play some outside. We should have the number one offense in the NFL. Its a little more than just Ben and bell.

There are a lot of tickets locked up in business type accounts and apparently those people aren't going to the games as often as any self respecting steeler fan should. The season ticket waiting list is massive. If I got on it now at 32 I'd be lucky to get an email or phone call by the time I'm 42. Its not an exaggeration. A lot of fans would like to see those empty seat tickets released but that's a pretty slippery slope.

What the hell is a frak? Front running ass ______? There are bandwagon fans no doubt BUT Pittsburgh at one point was the epicenter of the industrialed world because of the steel production. The steel industry collapsed and people moved with the jobs (Pittsburgh is booming now) The fandom went with them. Hell I didn't move due to a lack of jobs but my fiance had a opportunity to start a business so we moved. My son was born in Ohio. I'm obviously a diehard. If we stay here long enough for him to start school. I want to be back in the burgh before then ideally. He will be one of those steeler fans in a Ohio school.

The writing has been on the wall for both ike and troy for months. No one was blind sided by their decisions to retire. It was expected and believe IG or not wanted by a majority of the steeler faithful and made pretty clear by the front office. I would have liked to see Troy stay on a less prominent role just so he didn't have go out on essentially a losing season. Worilds was not going to be on our roster unless he wanted go play on a reasonable deal. We will be drafting another lb in the first or second round. A cornerback being involved as well. I'm hoping its Peters.

We drafted tuitt to replace keisel and he will. He's already shown he's ready to step up. We have a ridiculous surplus at middle line backer and I won't be shocked to see Shazier play some outside. We should have the number one offense in the NFL. Its a little more than just Ben and bell.

Well, absolutely you are probably better off with even unproven players in your DB than the two washups that were there.

And gee, yea, you are going to be drafting players. You think automatically that those players will step in right away for proven players that have gone to Super Bowls. It doesn't necessarily work out that way.

Tuitt replacing Keisel, sure I'll buy that.

I don't know about "best offense" in the NFL....but with Ben, Brown,Bell....when back... sure, they will be a good offense.

But what about this "ridiculous surplus" of LBs. I am actually going to allow that to be its own thread for discussion.

Well, absolutely you are probably better off with even unproven players in your DB than the two washups that were there.

And gee, yea, you are going to be drafting players. You think automatically that those players will step in right away for proven players that have gone to Super Bowls. It doesn't necessarily work out that way.

Tuitt replacing Keisel, sure I'll buy that.

I don't know about "best offense" in the NFL....but with Ben, Brown,Bell....when back... sure, they will be a good offense.

But what about this "ridiculous surplus" of LBs. I am actually going to allow that to be its own thread for discussion.

Gipper we had the number two offense last season and that was with Bryant in a spot role. Shark Thomas is likely starting at fs with Mitchell at strong. We do need another corner but I'm more than comfortable with Gay, Allen and Blake plus a rookie for the time being. I also said ridiculous surplus at middle linebacker. Timmons, Shazier, Spence and Vince Williams the latter of the two showed they were deserving of a lot of playing time. You can't start for middles but all 4 have the ability to start.

Edit: scratch that number two passing offense, number three total by ten yards per game.

What the hell is a frak? Front running ass ______? There are bandwagon fans no doubt BUT Pittsburgh at one point was the epicenter of the industrialed world because of the steel production. The steel industry collapsed and people moved with the jobs (Pittsburgh is booming now) The fandom went with them. Hell I didn't move due to a lack of jobs but my fiance had a opportunity to start a business so we moved. My son was born in Ohio. I'm obviously a diehard. If we stay here long enough for him to start school. I want to be back in the burgh before then ideally. He will be one of those steeler fans in a Ohio school.

Yes, a FRAK is a FrontRunnerAssKisser. I am not of the opinion that you are one of those....but yes.....there are legions of bandwagon fans.....you admitted that.....why would you argue about it.

And how old is your son? Didn't you say like one or two?

Take my word for it....sons and daughters grow up and make up their own minds. And some of them are often rebellious....he may want no part of you shoving the Steelers down his throat.

Your son may be completely agnostic when it comes to football.....mine is.

Or he may become a FRAK for some other team. My daughter is now professing to be a Cowboys fan......for several reasons: A. Yes, she wants to be rebellious from her old man. B. She is a cheerleader, and she loves the Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders....because of the cheerleading and not for the reasons you and I may like them. C. She now lives in Texas, in San Antonio which is about 75% Cowboy country and 25% Houston Texan country. So she is just going with the flow...when in Rome and all that.

So don't take anything for granted in that regard.

He's one and I completely agree. I plan to move back to Pittsburgh before he starts school to expand our business. I will say I will be surprised if his fandom doesn't align with mine. My dad didn't shove it down my throat and I don't plan to shove it down his...I didn't get really into the steelers until high school. I was too busy with my own sports, especially on the weekends to sit down and watch a game. It becomes a way of life when you get older.

He's one and I completely agree. I plan to move back to Pittsburgh before he starts school to expand our business. I will say I will be surprised if his fandom doesn't align with mine. My dad didn't shove it down my throat and I don't plan to shove it down his...I didn't get really into the steelers until high school. I was too busy with my own sports, especially on the weekends to sit down and watch a game. It becomes a way of life when you get older.

He might become a Browns fan before you get a chance to move back.

It certainly was not my Dad that got me into being a Browns fan....it was just living here and having friends that were Browns fans.

And when the Browns start kicking asses and winning titles, that will seal it for him. :o

Archived