THE BROWNS BOARD

Another Squeeler jumps ship

Pumpkin Eater

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you steeler fans are all wet in Egypt. Perception morphs into reality on a regular basis,

therefore, you simply have to accept the reality that Troy Prollywantstohumpsagnugnu

has a history of here and there being happy to end anybody's career if it will win a big

game. The steelers are hated all over the NFL

The steeler mantra always seems to be "HEY, WE ARE SKUNKS, WE THINK WE DON'T

STINK, SO WE DON'T HAHAHAHAHAAHA".

Not impressive.

It's steeler history - you are fans of a tainted legacy.

Have a nice day. Hope you find some other forum where they don't know FOOTBALL so you can fit in.

Dang, I wish the draft would hurry up and get here.

Um no Gipper, he was a great player. That's what it usually takes to be inducted into the HOF.Certainly if he was a Brown you would have no problem labeling him a great player right?

Not all HOF'ers are great, Jerome Bettis is a prime example.

you steeler fans are all wet in Egypt. Perception morphs into reality on a regular basis,

therefore, you simply have to accept the reality that Troy Prollywantstohumpsagnugnu

has a history of here and there being happy to end anybody's career if it will win a big

game. The steelers are hated all over the NFL

The steeler mantra always seems to be "HEY, WE ARE SKUNKS, WE THINK WE DON'T

STINK, SO WE DON'T HAHAHAHAHAAHA".

Not impressive.

It's steeler history - you are fans of a tainted legacy.

Have a nice day. Hope you find some other forum where they don't know FOOTBALL so you can fit in.

Dang, I wish the draft would hurry up and get here.

I've forgot more about football then you'll ever know, but this isn't a dick measuring contest. However, in the NFL, if you want to win championships you have to be willing to put your own body on the line for your team. There aren't many players like that anymore. Jim Brown and the Browns were like that. Hench all the championships the Browns have.

For some reason, a lot of fans are buying into this new age Goodell NFL. "Tainted Legacy".....lol. Yea, ok.

First ballot hall of famer and one of the best off the field players in the entire league. I'm not sure how anyone can call the guy a thug. He played hard, off the field he was very humble and soft spoken. One of the best to play the position, freak athlete, very cerebral and all the people talking about him being out of position conveniently ignore all the times he made plays any normal human being could only dream of making. Ask any qb in the league. Polamalu in his prime may have been the most feared player on the field barring none. People here are being respectful, those that aren't need to grow up.

Edit: Gipper put the night cap down. You are taking nonsense again. Overrated? Hilarious.

Um no Gipper, he was a great player. That's what it usually takes to be inducted into the HOF.

Certainly if he was a Brown you would have no problem labeling him a great player right?

Probably.....but then I said that he would be a HOFer....just that he was.....you know.

By the way....Of all the Steeler players that were cheapshot artists, I am not one who thought that TP was among them.

As a fan of football, and the Browns, its ridiculous to say Troy P wasn't any good.

Some of you are way off base. He played for the Steelers, but was an incredible football player.

If you can't tell a player was good, you don't know football.

Elway was good too Browns fans. Ray Lewis was good.

You don't know a good player when you see one.

Has anyone said he was no good? I didn't see that. Some said he was a cheap shot artist (I didn't see this). I said he was HOF....but overrated.

I've forgot more about football then you'll ever know, but this isn't a dick measuring contest. However, in the NFL, if you want to win championships you have to be willing to put your own body on the line for your team. There aren't many players like that anymore. Jim Brown and the Browns were like that. Hench all the championships the Browns have.

For some reason, a lot of fans are buying into this new age Goodell NFL. "Tainted Legacy".....lol. Yea, ok.

I don't think that players being to "put their body on the line for their team" has anything to do with being successful on the field. Players on losing teams put their bodies on the line just as much as players from winning teams.

If being willing to put your body on the line was all that mattered....then Rudy would have been an All American....not a scrub that got into one game in his senior season at ND.

It takes talent, intellect, instincts, physique and other tangibles and intangibles to make a great player. And it takes a winning system coaching etc. to win titles....not just "want to".

I don't think that players being to "put their body on the line for their team" has anything to do with being successful on the field. Players on losing teams put their bodies on the line just as much as players from winning teams.

If being willing to put your body on the line was all that mattered....then Rudy would have been an All American....not a scrub that got into one game in his senior season at ND.

It takes talent, intellect, instincts, physique and other tangibles and intangibles to make a great player. And it takes a winning system coaching etc. to win titles....not just "want to".

You're right, but I didn't mean "body on the line" was the only attribute needed. However, with their disregard for their own safety is in part what made them special players though...Jim Brown, Troy, Jack Lambert and Frank "Mighty Minnie" Minnifield.

If Chris Carter wasn't a first ballot HOFer- Moo-Moo sure won't be. Arnold Stang- I mean Myron "the Dope" Cope is dead (worst announcing voice in recorded history) - meaning his attempts to get Rocky Blier and French Fuqua into the Hall died with him.

I look out in the field- and I think my pony loves me. I want to marry him. This thought occurred to me right after I did a speedball of heroin.

Myron Cope was a legend and a very classy human being. His voice is part of the reason he was loved in Pittsburgh. (Everyone knew it was awful) As far as polamalu and first ballot is concerned he had an effect on the game like no other safety before him. He played outside scheme and his instincts on the field were insane. If he has a hard time first go its because safeties in general have a hard time. Again no reason to criticize Cope, zero.

You're right, but I didn't mean "body on the line" was the only attribute needed. However, with their disregard for their own safety is in part what made them special players though...Jim Brown, Troy, Jack Lambert and Frank "Mighty Minnie" Minnifield.

Semi level headed Steeler fan?

steeler fan off the point again. It isn't "disregard his own safety"....

it's "trying to seriously injure another player and put them out of the game".

You know, like taking out Carson Palmer's knee on the first pass in the game by him.

steeler fan off the point again. It isn't "disregard his own safety"....

it's "trying to seriously injure another player and put them out of the game".

You know, like taking out Carson Palmer's knee on the first pass in the game by him.

You are such a fucking whiner. Its funny because you remind me of the group of guys, all in their late 50's to mid to late 60's that went to buffalo wild wings every Sunday when I was in college. I was there to watch the steeler games, they were just there to whine/heckle and watch their squad lose. Their biggest dig was about Joey Porter getting shot in the ass, the rest of their material was always Ill placed and poorly timed. You need to step up your game cal or just go back to political crazy town.

Myron Cope was a legend and a very classy human being. His voice is part of the reason he was loved in Pittsburgh. (Everyone knew it was awful) As far as polamalu and first ballot is concerned he had an effect on the game like no other safety before him. He played outside scheme and his instincts on the field were insane. If he has a hard time first go its because safeties in general have a hard time. Again no reason to criticize Cope, zero.

Cope was all that, but primarily, he was comic relief, fair to say? And ain't nothing wrong with that.

You are such a fucking whiner Vagisil

No whining here. Just simple explanations of why your squealer

adoration sucks. But thanks for admitting that a lot of others since college

think you're a big honkin dork. Wait, you are still whining about those old

guys at Buffalo Wild Wings? And you are pouting because your putrid squealer team

is not popular around here?

Now, just calm down, take a chill pill, and ponder that for a few moments. B)

Have a nice day !

Cope might be a legend to STEELER fans- but to anyone else- his voice was like listening to fingernails scraping a chalkboard.

And more homerism- Moo- Moo isn't in the same discussion as Ronnie Lott, or even Jack Tatum.

Cope might be a legend to STEELER fans- but to anyone else- his voice was like listening to fingernails scraping a chalkboard.

And more homerism- Moo- Moo isn't in the same discussion as Ronnie Lott, or even Jack Tatum.

I didn't say what I said because I feel polamalu is the best ever. I don't necessarily feel that way BUT he redefined the position and forced quarterbacks to know where he was on the field at all times. Polamalu in his prime could do it all. Blitz, cover, tackle and direct. He might be the most complete safety to play the game. I know polamalu really looks up to Lott and Tatum played in a different era where you could beat the hell out of a player. Lott is the best no doubt, troy polamalu redefined the position.

On cope. He knew his voice was rough but his commentary is funny and he made it that way. He was a class act.

You are such a fucking whiner Vagisil

No whining here. Just simple explanations of why your squealer

adoration sucks. But thanks for admitting that a lot of others since college

think you're a big honkin dork. Wait, you are still whining about those old

guys at Buffalo Wild Wings? And you are pouting because your putrid squealer team

is not popular around here?

Now, just calm down, take a chill pill, and ponder that for a few moments. B)

Have a nice day !

Cal you try way to fucking hard. I didn't often engage the table of serial whiners. My point was they rambled about the steelers to ramble about the steelers. They were at the bar more to ramble about the steelers than they were to watch the browns play.

Yes, you did a super duper mind meld, and the lack of true fandom for the Browns was

totally obvious to your exaulted super secret gay intuition. I don't try at all, it's easy for me to argue

with steeler "fans" who come on here and want to keep bragging about how their egos are supreme because

your team went to the superbowls. As in, probably went to the superbowls before you became a fan, I guess.

Sorry, but do try to have a nice day eventually. BTW, steeler know-it-all, the "to" is the wrong word. You want to use "too". May a bunch of old guys talk louder next time you're watching the game at one of those places.

http://www.grammar-monster.com/easily_confused/too_to.htm

Its true the Steelers have 6 championships, but I also recognize the Browns have 8 championships. I didnt miss the point earlier at all. We just see it differently. I see it the way it happened and you see it with hatred.

This rivalry will come back. I can feel it. I truly hope Chris Mortensen is wrong about the brass in Cleveland 90% finished with Johnny Football because he has got the talent and the brains to lead a team to many victories. If he puts down the Jim Beam and picks up his playbook you guys have got a franchise QB.

Thatta boy Cal!

Hey Vag, when any Steeler today says "I'm going to retire" he's just slapping a politically correct tuxedo on: "Oh FUCK - they're going to test for HGH all year now!"

It sounds like the freakin Waltons going to bed over there: "Good night Worildsies" - "Good night Keisels" - "Good night Pollyneedsarest" - "Good night Coach LeBeau" - "Good night Jim Bob"

Its true the Steelers have 6 championships, but I also recognize the Browns have 8 championships. I didnt miss the point earlier at all. We just see it differently. I see it the way it happened and you see it with hatred.

(plus Cleveland has 5 more on top of those)

This rivalry will come back. I can feel it. I truly hope Chris Mortensen is wrong about the brass in Cleveland 90% finished with Johnny Football because he has got the talent and the brains to lead a team to many victories. If he puts down the Jim Beam and picks up his playbook you guys have got a franchise QB.

I don't know if JMZ is that guy....but the Browns really are just one or two skill players away...and of course one of those must be a franshise type QB, plus maybe 1 or two either DL or LB.

So, 3 players....but that QB has been oh so elusive to obtain. (and its not like they haven't made the effort.....4 chosen in round one in 15 years....how many other teams have done that?

Yes, you did a super duper mind meld, and the lack of true fandom for the Browns was

totally obvious to your exaulted super secret gay intuition. I don't try at all, it's easy for me to argue

with steeler "fans" who come on here and want to keep bragging about how their egos are supreme because

your team went to the superbowls. As in, probably went to the superbowls before you became a fan, I guess.

Sorry, but do try to have a nice day eventually. BTW, steeler know-it-all, the "to" is the wrong word. You want to use "too". May a bunch of old guys talk louder next time you're watching the game at one of those places.

http://www.grammar-monster.com/easily_confused/too_to.htm

1. I don't brag about the steelers here. I defend them yes, brag I do not.

2. I routinely use to and too appropriately for whatever reason I didn't above but you correcting it is hilarious. Do you really want me to go through all your posts checking for grammatical errors?

3. The bar I went to on Sundays was full of steeler fans as it was close to campus and where most went to watch the games that weren't on locally. The old browns table was in the minority.

Thatta boy Cal!

Hey Vag, when any Steeler today says "I'm going to retire" he's just slapping a politically correct tuxedo on: "Oh FUCK - they're going to test for HGH all year now!"

It sounds like the freakin Waltons going to bed over there: "Good night Worildsies" - "Good night Keisels" - "Good night Pollyneedsarest" - "Good night Coach LeBeau" - "Good night Jim Bob"

Good night browns season before it even starts.

(plus Cleveland has 5 more on top of those)

I don't know if JMZ is that guy....but the Browns really are just one or two skill players away...and of course one of those must be a franshise type QB, plus maybe 1 or two either DL or LB.

So, 3 players....but that QB has been oh so elusive to obtain. (and its not like they haven't made the effort.....4 chosen in round one in 15 years....how many other teams have done that?

How many other teams have blown that many first rounders? Good question. Cleveland has to be tops tho.

1. I don't brag about the steelers here. I defend them yes, brag I do not.

2. I routinely use to and too appropriately for whatever reason I didn't above but you correcting it is hilarious. Do you really want me to go through all your posts checking for grammatical errors?

3. The bar I went to on Sundays was full of steeler fans as it was close to campus and where most went to watch the games that weren't on locally. The old browns table was in the minority.

So,you went to a Steelers bar....and lo and behold the majority of fans there were Steeler fans. Odd that.

How many other teams have blown that many first rounders? Good question. Cleveland has to be tops tho.

Yes, it would seem that way. Here are the teams that have drafted multiple QBs in the first round since 1999:

Browns 4

Redskins 3

Jags 3

Jets 2

Falcons 2

Lions 2

Ravens 2

Bills 2

Broncos 2

Titans 2

Vikings 2

Texans/Bear/Bengals/Steelers/Giants/Chargers/Packers/49ers/Cards/Raiders/Bucs/Rams/Panthers/Dolphins/Colts one each.

Archived