THE BROWNS BOARD

Another Squeeler jumps ship

Pumpkin Eater

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At least he was rational about it

"Polamalu also came upon the realization that the numbers age of 33 and 12 years service agreed with him.

Thirty-three is obviously significant because of Christ being 33; and 12 years, 12 apostles, he said. Im not superstitious by any means but I always thought that if I played 12 years and retire from football at 33 and give my life and give my body and give my blood to this game, I think that would be a pretty significant landmark in my life.

I heard he was going to retire back to the deep Panama forest where he was discovered by a

Southern Cal archeology class, who convinced him to leave the forest where he was raised by

longhaired apes who had taken him in when he was a child who wandered off from a vacation outing,

and taught him to survive in the jungle. All he knew was ape sign language, and how to ram

other smaller things to find food.

And, later, he learned English, and how to play sports. But his hair kept him from being successful -

he suffered from neck aches because his hair was so long.

troy-polamalu-hair1.jpg

It came to pass, that Pollymaulyapoopoo was good at sports, but

he seemed to still be a jungle savage, and never learned how to be

a human being all the time.

One of the most glaring examples of his stupid savagery was when he was in college:

https://search.yahoo.com/yhs/search?p=troy+poloamalu+cheap+shot+on+kicker&fr=ush-mailn_02&fr2=p%3Aml%2Cm%3Asb&hspart=att&hsimp=yhs-att_001&type=yahoo_pc_mail

But as the years went by, he came to realize that human beings go by rules, even

in football.

"duh". But his legendary dirty play still lives on, despite his occasional success in leaping high into

the air to make a football play, like he used to do in the jungle to retrieve wild grapes,

THE END

Regardless, Troy could Bang with the best of them. Please keep him off NBC with Bill Cower. Don't need a Steelers Pre-Game Show. We already have Patriots and Dallas on NFL Network and Ravens and Philly on ESPN.. IMO Shitsburger (Ben has a Burger) Secondary Coach..

Good. Tired of seeing him fling his body all over the place while not really doing anything. His time is past.

He's a HOF player I won't argue that but I swear to God 75% of the time he "jumped" the snap he was offside. They just didn't call it for the same reason elite corners don't get flagged for PI.

I honestly was kind of hoping the Steelers would work something out and he'd play this season because he was becoming a liability with age. Good for him for realizing he could go out with class instead of wandering around for another couple years.

well, I hate the squeelers... and he started off at SoCal with cheap shot play like a moron,

so, despite he could play safety like a flying squirrel over the los, he's a still bum, and it's a

Brownsboard, and my made up story was deserved by the long haired freak. :)

One of the best SS I've ever seen play in my lifetime, too bad it had to be for the Steelers. Comeon

True. But I'm not really admitting it because of who he played for. Just can't....muster the words...... :wacko:

This is where we talk shit about a very good player because he's a steeler (or just not a brown... Or just not a good brown...), right?

No, Polamalu was a good player.....but I just don't think he was as great as he was made out to be. I always thought that he got more credit than he deserved because he was flying all over the place uncontrollably with his stupid hairwafting in the wind. That allowed him to make some great plays...but as often I think his flailing had him out of position.

great player. first ballot hall of famer.

I could not agree more.

if you ask me, couldn't be any gayer.

Are you're predicting a coming out flavored induction speech?

No, Polamalu was a good player.....but I just don't think he was as great as he was made out to be. I always thought that he got more credit than he deserved because he was flying all over the place uncontrollably with his stupid hairwafting in the wind. That allowed him to make some great plays...but as often I think his flailing had him out of position.

Sometimes he was caught out of position yes, but I didn't see it too often. So do you not think he will be a FBHOFer? Or do you think he will be, just undeserving.

Sometimes he was caught out of position yes, but I didn't see it too often. So do you not think he will be a FBHOFer? Or do you think he will be, just undeserving.

Maybe both?

No, I think he will probably be deserving.....but I just think to a certain extent he was overrated. (He would be more marginal in my mind than most people think) Because of his "flash" the media types loved him.

Since Polamalu seems so Rasta, then this map should be of interest:

http://www.governing.com/gov-data/state-marijuana-laws-map-medical-recreational.html

Ohio could join the light green states (allowing both medical and recreational use) in November election. How are you gonna vote?

Gay marriage and weed will be legal everywhere soon enough.

He made impact plays during crucial moments.

Yes, he did some....at other times he was out of position in crucial moments.

This is what makes good players people. Making an interception or sack during scrap time in not impressive. Making plays when the game is on the line is what it's all about.

Give us some examples where that happened in the playoffs with TP.

Impact players go to the HOF and play in Super Bowls. Leaving the game with dignity.

I don't think I meant to imply that he was not an impact player....just that he was somewhat overrated by the media. But he deserves his accolades.

And yes, kudos to him for leaving with his dignity before it got embarassing for him.

Best I ever saw at SS, possible exception of Ronnie Lott, but should have retired two years ago. The kind of player you love for his toughness if he is on your team, hate him as a thug if he is on the opposing team.

I actually stood near him once, and I could not believe how much smaller he is than I would have thought. About 5'8".

Archived