THE BROWNS BOARD

This is a deep draft

ClevelandFanForLife

Reading all of these posts the past couple of weeks has made me realize how deep this draft really is. When I first heard that we could only get a 3rd rounder for DA I thought it would be a bad thing. However after reading all of these posts and doing some research I realize just how deep this draft really is. There is so much talent on defense coming out of this draft. We, or any other team in the league may be able to find legitimate first year starters as deep as the 3rd or 4th round. Although the Browns do have some concerns on offense, defense should be there main concern approaching free agency and the draft. With as much depth as this draft has there is no reason that the Browns shouldn't find a few legitimate starters for next season and beyond.

I agree with solon 16 this is a 3 round draft and i dont think we should trade DA for a 3rd rd pick unless it involves a trade and or multiple picks preferably next year..we cant get a better backup or starter then DA for a 3rd round pick...

Because of his bonus situation im all for giving DA a chance to steal quinns thunder im not convinced that DA is a lost cause just poorly coached and without a well defined ruleset that points to the bench for undisciplined stare downs,pickoffs and or general poor play accumulation during a game..im pretty sure mangini will put a firm ruleset in place..if we keep butterfingers he should get a special cased mental ruleset as well..sometimes its good to introduce players justly to the bench for their own good and the teams..;)

having three rounds of quality talent is a ridiculously deep draft. the last time there was a draft with comparable talent likely to be available in the third was 2005, when frank gore, oj atogwe, channing crowder, justin tuck, kirk morrison, ellis hobbs and domonique foxworth all got picked in the same round.

it's easily the deepest draft since then, and collections of talent like that are never available in the fourth or fifth. two or three teams might find a player in each round, but you don't normally see seven teams coming away with good players, a couple of whom are game changers, and a bunch of other teams finding quality role players in any round past the second.

it's hard to tell how deep the 2008 draft was because we don't really know who's good or not yet. the only two standouts in the later third and entire fourth are steve slaton and tashard choice, and that's likely a product of how deep last year's RB class was.

i guess there's also jack ikeogwuonu, but he fell drastically because he's an off-the-field moron, so he's really a second-round talent with a sixth-round brain.

i don't know as much about the fourth to sixth guys this year, but some of the current third guys will slide into the fourth, and guys like lee robinson and frantz joseph will probably be available in the fourth, so it's a good bet there will be some quality talent available there, just not with the immediate impact or outstanding measureables of the guys available ahead of them.

All drafts are 3 round drafts.

The number of players who make it after round 3 v the number drafted is pretty slim.

If I could trade my draft, rounds 4-7, every year for a somewhat decent veteran player, say along the lines of Adams as an example, or someone similar.....I would do it and never look back.

The only reason we have had as many stick is because we haven't been very good.

Guest Aloysius

I think this is a very deep draft. Just look at something like Sobo's 300 (pre-combine rankings) and check out the 4th and 5th Round prospects - there are plenty of guys who could contribute for us next year.

I thought last years draft had good quality well into the fourth...jmo. This one.... not so much

The draft is very solid through #120 and then it falls off. Like always, there will be gems found in rounds 4 thru 7, you just got to look harder.

Archived