THE BROWNS BOARD

Schedule

roach

When does the schedule usually come out? i know the opponents are listed (as well as home and away games), but i'm curious about actual dates.

Hi Ed,

I emailed the BBW contact I have last week as I am keen to book my flight and hotel for a game before the dollar murders the pound completely and she said that it looks like early May. So 9 more weeks of agony for me. I'm hoping the dates work out for me and the G-Man to see the Stoolers, Greenbay, Vikings or san Diego.

I know that 8 of the games on each of the AFC North team's schedules will be the NFC North and AFC West. Plus 6 games within the AFC North. I am not sure of the other two teams but one of the two will be the Jags or Bills. The other one the Browns will play will either be the Redskins, Saints or Rams. The Browns, and the AFC North as a whole, have pretty easy schedules next year.

I know that 8 of the games on each of the AFC North team's schedules will be the NFC North and AFC West. Plus 6 games within the AFC North. I am not sure of the other two teams but one of the two will be the Jags or Bills. The other one the Browns will play will either be the Redskins, Saints or Rams. The Browns, and the AFC North as a whole, have pretty easy schedules next year.

Other than our division...

We play home games against: Raiders, Chargers, Vikings, Packers, Jaguars

Road games: Chiefs, Broncos, Bills, Bears, Lions

Info from clevelandbrowns.com

EERSandBrowns got it right.

We will not play the Redskins, Saints, nor Rams...unless they should somehow join the NFC North.

Every year rotates, but we play one entire division from the NFC (4 games), plus one entire division from the AFC (4 games), plus our division opponents twice each (6 games), and two games against the other AFC divisions' teams that finished in the same place we did, unfortunately last place. That equals 16 games.

This year it's:

NFC North (Bears, Lions, Packers, Vikings)

AFC West (Broncos, Chargers, Chiefs, Raiders)

AFC East's last place team (Bills)

AFC South's last place team (Jaguars)

AFC North (Bengals, Ravens, Steelers twice each)

-Al

When does the schedule usually come out? i know the opponents are listed (as well as home and away games), but i'm curious about actual dates.

The last few years it has been mid April.....like the week of the 13th.

I know it was late coming out last year and I was warned it would be early May BUT sooner the better.

Ballpeen, I'd like to hook up with you this year at a tailgate! I'm slowly getting to meet the regulars, you're still on the list.

(Hey how great is it to legitimately start thinking of tailgating again!)

Howie.

I know it was late coming out last year and I was warned it would be early May BUT sooner the better.

Ballpeen, I'd like to hook up with you this year at a tailgate! I'm slowly getting to meet the regulars, you're still on the list.

Howie.

Howie,

Its great aint it, waiting for schedule to come out so can plan what Game/s to come over for, you planning any particular period of year, or just choose best game you can, prob be more likely november time this year be looking at going over, as work prob got me tied up for the eariler ones.

Single game tickets usually not released til early June though if remember right, as normally have month or two of waiting to try and book them after know Schedule

Howie.

Sounds good to me.

For one reason or another I only managed to get with the group once last season, and that really wasn't a tailgate, it was a OSU/USC baseball funraiser.

I have a feeling it will work out differently this year.

I usually attend 4-5 games a year and see this as no different.

As soon as the dates are released, I start setting my plans, so pinpoint when you are planning the trip ASAP and I can alter mine easy enough unless I have already started selling off my excess tickets. Once I start promising tickets to people, I don't like to go back and tell them I changed my mind.

Will do Ballpeen. We intend to book our flights and Hotel within a week of the schedule coming out on the basis that we will somehow get a ticket, it worked the last two years.! Hoping for the squeelers game or a 4pm kick off, we'll have to see what the schedule has in store. Should be easier this year as I can't see too many Monday night games happening!

Howie.

Howie,

Its great aint it, waiting for schedule to come out so can plan what Game/s to come over for, you planning any particular period of year, or just choose best game you can, prob be more likely november time this year be looking at going over, as work prob got me tied up for the eariler ones.

Single game tickets usually not released til early June though if remember right, as normally have month or two of waiting to try and book them after know Schedule

I love and hate this time of year. I feel out of my depth on the pre-draft discussions as it is sooooo difficult to follow College ball over here and then there is the agony of waiting for the schedule. Picking THE game is a difficult process every year. We have birthdays, anniversaries, halloween, bonfire night and kids christmas stuff to avoid which usually wipes out half the season!! If they invent a teleport machine it would be great, but its a minimum 4 day investment of time! (gladly invested of course)

I have always bought our tickets through TickCo ahead of the single game ticket sales. It is usually twice face value but it means we don't have to risk not getting a ticket. Plus we always want to be in the pound and I'm not sure the single game ticket release includes the pound. One day maybe we'll experience the plays from a mid field viewpoint, but there is something special about being behind the end zone in my book.

So don't know which month we will be over this year, we might go for an early in the season game so we can see those lovely Cleveland girlies in their shorts and football socks (Hmmmmmmmmmm)

H.

I love and hate this time of year. I feel out of my depth on the pre-draft discussions as it is sooooo difficult to follow College ball over here and then there is the agony of waiting for the schedule. Picking THE game is a difficult process every year. We have birthdays, anniversaries, halloween, bonfire night and kids christmas stuff to avoid which usually wipes out half the season!! If they invent a teleport machine it would be great, but its a minimum 4 day investment of time! (gladly invested of course)

I have always bought our tickets through TickCo ahead of the single game ticket sales. It is usually twice face value but it means we don't have to risk not getting a ticket. Plus we always want to be in the pound and I'm not sure the single game ticket release includes the pound. One day maybe we'll experience the plays from a mid field viewpoint, but there is something special about being behind the end zone in my book.

So don't know which month we will be over this year, we might go for an early in the season game so we can see those lovely Cleveland girlies in their shorts and football socks (Hmmmmmmmmmm)

H.

Howie

Longtime no talk pal. If I remember correctly I was the one who turned you on to this forum from some other forum.

If you need tickets to any game but the Steelers game this year, I can hook you up with my personal seats(2).They aren't in the pound they are in Sec 346 row 1. Looks like I might have to be working on Sundays a lot this year. A bonus is they can be e-mailed unless you actually want the hard tickets for souvenirs

If you want pound tickets though check out ticket selling websites like viagogo or ebaySometimes you can even find them here on this website but those seem to be few and far between.

John

Howie

Longtime no talk pal. If I remember correctly i was the one who turned you on to this forum from some other forum.

If you need tickets to any game but the Steelers game this year, I can hook you up with my personal seats(2).They aren't in the pound they are in Sec 346 row 1. Looks like I might have to be working on Sundays a lot this year. A bonus is they can be e-mailed unless you actually want the hard tickets for souvenirs

If you want pound tickets though check out e-bay or Viagogo for them, you can usually get them at a fairly decent price

John

John

Hey man, it's great to complete the circle on this one. Thanks to you I have had two great tailgates (and more besides) and now a new bunch of stateside friends to share brownstalk, a sincere thankyou. I'll PM you with my details, the ticket offer is very kind and I'll follow up with you.

You were right about the forum, best in cyberspace for sure.

Howie.

I think a 10 year AOL /Expansion /Browns Board reunion is in order.

No way do I miss that. As soon as you announce it...I'm booking my flight.

Doug

So are you guys together 10 years this year! That's an achievement. I hope I get to meet more of the old crew on my visit later in the year, hope you're one of them Furns.

So are you guys together 10 years this year! That's an achievement. I hope I get to meet more of the old crew on my visit later in the year, hope you're one of them Furns.

The first tailgate party anniversary will be this September. In reality there are a large group here that have been together going on 15 years since the AOL days. KSHutchins, Hoorta, Atenears, myself, Zombo, Ghoolie, Rich4Eagle, MarkO...etc. It boggles my mind that that much times has passed. It's time for that freaking Lombardi! We've earned it.

Doug

Archived