THE BROWNS BOARD

The Only Day of the Year

The Gipper

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where is NFL draft in that chart? ;)

I wonder also if it is taking in to account people watching games in bars, or via means that aren't necessarily recorded, such as via online streams?

Its crazy. Like 45 million watch the draft.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2014/05/12/record-45-7-million-viewers-for-2014-nfl-draft/263063/

Today is a GREAT day for sports.

The Tribe home opener and the second round of the Masters.

No football to be seen or heard of

I'm yet to be convinced it's anything but the Harry Redknapp/Tony Pulis/Stuart Pearce 'bounce' effect. Let's wait until the summer, see who he brings in, wait til next year, see what style of football he plays. if this is his "we just need to get points we'll worry about style later" approach to just the next month, then great. If this is plan A, B & C (as it seemed to be at spurs) then less great.

I'm suspecting the latter. I'm also quietly confident of a win this weekend.

haha another English managers are rubbish post, give Redknapp the players and money Mourinho has at Cheslea and he'd win just as much and in a lot nicer style as well.

We can all set up a team not to lose and buy three £30m attacking players and hope they win the game for you

Why did you boys hijack my thread? The question was whether or not you could think of two important sporting events that happen on the same day (that are not football....football that is, not futbol...but futbol could be one of them.)

Maybe like this:

http://espn.go.com/30for30/film?page=june-17th-1994

Yes, been trying to sell for about a year now. Word is that he has a deal lined up for the summer.

I have been expecting him to buy into the MLS after he sold the Browns....but no word on that yet. Maybe once he sells Aston Villa he will look seriously in that direction. Hopefully, as the MLS has expansion plans that don't really include Cleveland.

The MLS expanded by 2 teams this year: another NYC team and Orlando. Also, future expansion will take place in Atlanta in 2017, another LA team in 2018, and Minnesota in 2018. Also under consideration are to put teams in Miami, Las Vegas, Sacramento, San Antonio/Austin, and St. Louis.

Cleveland had been talked about but that was about a decade ago, and the guy that was to be the owner, Bert Wolstein, died. So maybe Lerner can step into the breach here.

Arthur Blank, owner of the Atlanta Falcons is the proposed owner of the ATL MLS team.

A group headed by David Beckham is the proposed owner for a Miami team.

A guy name Peter Gruber is heading up the new LA team proposed ownership group.

A guy named Bill McGuire will be the Minnesota team owner.

The owner of the Sacramento Kings, Vivek Ranadive is proposed owner of a Sacramento team.

A guy name Gordon Hartman is the proposed owner of a SA/Austin team.

And I understand that Cavs owner Dan Gilbert has some interest in bringing an MLS team to the Detroit area and playing in the old Pontiac Silverdome.

Archived