THE BROWNS BOARD

Sanchez Opened Some Eyes.

YtownBrownsBacker

I think something very good for us was the combine that Sanchez had. San Fran was very high on him and should be even higher on him know. ESPN said he performed super in the meetings with teams breaking down film and displaying his knowledge of the QB position. He also took a chance and worked out and did very well, making all the throws.

I think it really opens up some opportunities for trade down for the Browns. I would be willing to drop to #10 and take the 49ers 3rd round pick for our #5. The players we would be considering are #10 thru #16 guys anyway, so they would still be there and we get a high 3rd rounder.

The Jets and Tampa Bay also might be very interested in Sanchez.

Guest Aloysius

That's funny; my impression was that he didn't throw well, but impressed teams during the interviews.

Here are two reports from his workout:

Mark Sanchez: When breaking Sanchez down on film it is obvious he struggles getting the pass down field and the ball loses a lot of velocity on throws outside of 25-yards. He did nothing to quell that criticism today. In the end Sanchez just does not have a big time NFL arm.

Mark Sanchez/USC - Did not look good throughout the session. Sanchez's passes were highly inaccurate on all of his out routes. His deep passes faded in the air. And he was simply not able to get into any rhythm, especially outside of the hashes

And McShay says here that Stafford is the better athlete, but Sanchez did well for himself during the interviews. Said he has that "it" factor.

Those interviews will do him a lot of good, but those physical limitations could limit any potential draft stock surge.

McShay says here that Stafford is the better athlete, but Sanchez did well for himself during the interviews. Said he has that "it" factor.

McShay is on ESPN right now saying Sanchez did great in his meeting displaying his knowledge of defenses, that is what I mean about him breaking down film. He said he made all the throws and moved up even with Stafford on many team's boards. It was also reported earlier by Kiper that many teams really liked his movement in the pocket and footwork when they reviewed his game films.

Guest Aloysius

Oh, he definitely moves better than his 4.88 40 would indicate. It's part of the reason why McShay thinks he's a perfect fit for a WCO.

Didn't see McShay say that he made all the throws. It wouldn't be the first time McShay went out on a limb - he said that Max Unger dominated the Senior Bowl when everyone else thought he was disappointing.

We would need their 2nd, not their third to make that trade fair. We may have to throw in our 5th, but i would be fine with that trade. The 3rd is not enough value.

Sometimes it isn't about getting what the value chart says you should. If you don't have a player you like at #5 and you can trade down and still get the player you want then a 3rd would be just fine for me.

You made my point, if Curry is gone and they like Orakpo or Maualuga why reach for the guy when you can trade down and get an additional pick. And for every spot you trade down, you pay a smaller contract. If you are going to reach, you might as well trade down and take whatever you can get.

That's funny; my impression was that he didn't throw well, but impressed teams during the interviews.

Here are two reports from his workout:

And McShay says here that Stafford is the better athlete, but Sanchez did well for himself during the interviews. Said he has that "it" factor.

Those interviews will do him a lot of good, but those physical limitations could limit any potential draft stock surge.

I agree, I was going to post a similar thought but I figured I'd give my football acumen a chance to heal after my Cassell screw-up <_<

In the post/ corner drills it looked like a lot of Sanchez's balls were a bit floaty once he went over 25 yds. I haven't exactly been glued to the combine, but from what I saw of the QB's, Pat White looked like he was throwing the best ball.

Archived