THE BROWNS BOARD

Rey Maualuga injured... and so are other top prospects!

PlaygroundLegend

Maualuga

http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/02/23/maualuga-c...g-at-end-of-40/

Crabtree

http://www.nfl.com/combine/story?id=09000d...mp;confirm=true

Orakpo

http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/02/23/orakpo-don...mstring-injury/

Wow, that's three potential top 10 guys going down with injuries... this could definitely work in our favor. Maybe one of these three fall far down enough for us to scoop up with a pick we may trade for.

This years draft is going to be interesting, especially with these injuries. were gonna see what teams take risks, and what teams play safe. In my opinion, this is the perfect opening for us to be aggressive.

Oh, and a secondary note, Maulalugas comments on his injury were very... mature... he accepts full responsibility and shows that he wanted to work through the pain and do well.

“I could feel it for the past two weeks,” Mauluga told the NFL Network’s Scott Hanson in an on-field interview during NFL.com/Live. “I just wanted to come out here and compete with the very best. I wanted to show the coaches and scouts I could do everything. Now I’m just going to go to the trainer and get right and hopefully be able to do the Pro Day (April 1).

“I didn’t want to come out here and use my hamstring as an excuse. Unfortunately, it’s been bothering me, but I felt I could go. I wasn’t pressured to do it. I thought I could go out and do the 40 and do it in a good time.”

Looks like this is really what ALoysius said would make a good Maualuga, one who is eager to prove himself.

Trade down and scoop him up!

these guys are not hurt. the season has been over for a while now. they just are using some falsifed injuries to mask there poor performance in certain areas. its funny how the top guys are always hurt, but the third, fourth and fifth round guys are healthy.

Guest Aloysius

Before he got hurt, Maualuga put up what may have been the worst broad jump of any linebacker at the combine (8'11") and ran an unofficial 4.83 40 (he suffered the injury while decelerating).

I have a hard time understanding how all of this was a positive for him. Maybe the preexisting injury makes it less of a negative, but it only fuels concerns about Maualuga's preparation & conditioning. He showed up to the Senior Bowl in poor shape, didn't go to one of the pre-combine training facilities, and was convinced/forced by Pete Carroll to switch agents only a week ago.

He'll need to have a great pro day to clean up this mess.

Before he got hurt, Maualuga put up what may have been the worst broad jump of any linebacker at the combine (8'11") and ran an unofficial 4.83 40 (he suffered the injury while decelerating).

I have a hard time understanding how all of this was a positive for him. Maybe the preexisting injury makes it less of a negative, but it only fuels concerns about Maualuga's preparation & conditioning. He showed up to the Senior Bowl in poor shape, didn't go to one of the pre-combine training facilities, and was convinced/forced by Pete Carroll to switch agents only a week ago.

He'll need to have a great pro day to clean up this mess.

I think that this was a guy who was way over-hyped by the media. I have seen nothing in film or performance so far to justify the hype. I would pass on this guy.

these guys are not hurt. the season has been over for a while now. they just are using some falsifed injuries to mask there poor performance in certain areas. its funny how the top guys are always hurt, but the third, fourth and fifth round guys are healthy.

Yeah, I'm sure these guys want to bust their humps training, show up to the Combine, fake injury and possibly lose tons of $$$ in the process.

Guest Dacaddyman
Yeah, I'm sure these guys want to bust their humps training, show up to the Combine, fake injury and possibly lose tons of $$$ in the process.

They lose a ton of money upfront but they have a chance going to a better team where they can make more money in the long run. but i wouldn't take the risk, could still get drafted by a crappy team in a lower round

Um they would hurt there draft chances more if they said they were healthy, and ran poor times. By saying they are injured they can say hey look I ran this injured, thats respectable, draft me and I'll show you what I can do healthy.

Why is it just the top picks are always hurt, answer that.

Um they would hurt there draft chances more if they said they were healthy, and ran poor times. By saying they are injured they can say hey look I ran this injured, thats respectable, draft me and I'll show you what I can do healthy.

Then why even say you're going to participate or even show up altogether? Not everyone does.

Why is it just the top picks are always hurt, answer that.

They aren't.

Funny how Craptree is said not to be the fastest receiver in the class, and he has an "injury". The guys injury wasn't a big deal during the season.

Lets face it. Craptree is being talked about for a few reasons. #1 there is no real all-star, home run WR in this class. This class does not have a physical phenom like Calvin Johnson. #2 He got big off a trick Special Teams play against Texas.. whooptiedooooo. #3 he isn't fast, isn't big, and is going to be a average WR in the NFL who just had the advantage of playing in a spread offense, wait a very spread offense with 4-5 WR's out all time, facing man on man coverage against week DBs. Any NFL caliber, besides the Browns DBs, are going to have a field day making this guy look like the bust he is.

He is the Reggie Bush of WR's. All hype and is NOT going to perform at the next level.

If you want him, keep on chanting for Craptree. But this is the 4th time I've made it public he is going to bust, so talk to me next Dec. when the season is coming to an end, and Craptree is going to be a bust. Then go ahead and say he will be good next year, and even three years from now, because he is average at best. I'd spend a late 2nd, early 3rd round pick on him, but not a Top 10 first.

Horseshit!!! :rolleyes:

prove me wrong. Do some research. Find out the percentage of Top 10 draft prospects who are injured during the combine, and the ones who aren't going in the first round.

Then find out the percentages of who was a bust in the NFL, and happened to be injured at the combine. Look at those numbers vs the players who have been successful, and just happened to not be injured at the combine.

Here i'll help you out.. the article has already been published within the last 3 years, do a google search, then tell me Horseshit.

Archived