THE BROWNS BOARD

Vince Wilfork

darren15

short term, as in a year or two? Just means you wouldn't have to

put a Shelton in there immediately, most of the plays.

Put the veteran in there, Shelton in on the rotation.....

I'd go for that. And if you have an injury...

you hopefully have Taylor to move to NT in the rotation....

that would rock. I don't see the downside, unless it's too

big a price to pay the veteran....

Offer him a 2 year deal with incentives and use him the way the Patriots did. he played less snaps last year with the rotation they had in NE. Would be a solid run stuffer on 1st and 2nd down. than pulll him on 3rds. rotate Him Taylor and Kitchen would be a nice rotation. Would be interesting to see Taylor play DE next to Him.

Log has a point - it depends on how much. If he wants a giant contract,

it probably wouldn't be a good idea.

Wilfork did tear an achilles tendon in 2013, and had a foot problem.

but,

that was 2013. His injuries seem to be that year.

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/vince-wilfork-player-injuries

for a good price, he'd be great to add to the rotation. Depends on the physical, like I said.

Wilfork is a big guy with a history of leg injuries that will command a decent veteran paycheck.

Wilfork's missed 18 games in 11 years... 176 games... twelve of them two years ago due to an Achilles. I'll take that kind of injury history any day.

When one of the premier space eaters in the game becomes available, and I need space eaters, I'm at least going to give him a call.

Should Vince sign with us and then by some miracle Shelton falls to us as well, I'd buy sturdier benches and figure the rest out later.

Sure... or Vince could play for four more years and raise the game of all around him.

I totally get, and usually agree with, the final piece argument, but when this kind of talent matches our level of need, I'm interested.

No.. I'm sick of regurgitating someone else's old vets... That was the Mangina way. The Mangina way set this team back in a huge way.. No thanks.

No.. I'm sick of regurgitating someone else's old vets... That was the Mangina way. The Mangina way set this team back in a huge way.. No thanks.

Mangini had to use other team's castoffs, because he couldn't draft worth a shit.

This is a no brainer....he's still at or just under his peak. If he wants suh money than no...but if its reasonable,wr'd be idiots not put him with taylor. Those two splitting the heavy lifting and in certain downs being in there together would make THE most dom interior in footbal. Stupid not to make him an offer

Archived