THE BROWNS BOARD

Combine

Solon16

A lot of Talent at the OL position today.... one of the better Ol drafts I've seen (last year being exceptional). Four guys for me that stood out were Eugene Monroe T, VA, jason smith T, baylor, Max Ungar C Oregon and Eric Wood C from Louisville...these boys will play for a long time in this league.

A lot of Talent at the OL position today.... one of the better Ol drafts I've seen (last year being exceptional). Four guys for me that stood out were Eugene Monroe T, VA, jason smith T, baylor, Max Ungar C Oregon and Eric Wood C from Louisville...these boys will play for a long time in this league.

Here is a link to watch video of the winners at the OL position. Its on NFL.com at http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80edcb50. I would love to have Unger or Wood.

I LOVE what Mayock says about Pettigrew. I think Pettigrew is the pedigree in the sense that you do NOT have to be predictable when he's on the field. When we put Winslow on the field we're not gonna set the edge with him. When we put Heiden on the field - he's a Poor Man's Pettigrew.

NOW is the time to get exchange value for a guy like Winslow. His wear and tear factor is NOT flashing upside as the amt of seperation has decreased to the tune of MORE yellow flags on pushoffs. Don't HOMER this folks - he's not the 21 year old that came to us without surgery scars.

We gotta change "already played his best ball" to upside; especially if the NAME of a player gets you REAL good exchange value. Winslow WAS my offensive favorite player for a while and I admired how freakin diligently he worked his tail off to get back to us as healthy as he could. When you look at his and Shockeys careers - they've missed ALOT of games to injury and their value isn't anything close to what it was. The Giants got better because the guy that replaced Shockey could block the edge better. Didn't they have TWO 1000 yard rushers in 2008 in defense of their Superbowl Championship?

- Tom F. (I hope Kokinos does some wheeling and dealing to bring in more upside)

Guest Aloysius
40 Yard Dash

Kenny Britt/Rutgers - 4.44, 4.50

Deon Butler/Penn State - 4.28, 4.29

Demetrius Byrd/LSU - 4.32, 4.35

Dominique Edison/Stephen F. Austin - 4.38, 4.41

Percy Harvin/Florida - 4.43, 4.38

Darrius Heyward-Bey/Maryland - 4.37, 4.34

Johnny Knox/Abilene Christian - 4.29, 4.32

Jeremy Maclin/Missouri - 4.47, 4.42

I thought Wood looked quick and agile. As long as size is adequate, I'll take quick feet any day.

I thought Wood looked quick and agile. As long as size is adequate, I'll take quick feet any day.

I could not agree more....I don't claim to be the world's greatest scout or anything, but I could even clearly see a difference between Wood and Unger as opposed to the rest of the lineman. I would love to see the Browns be able to land one of these guys in the 2nd. Big, agile, and looking like those boys could flat out rip some heads off, impressive to me.

Guest Aloysius

Brian Robiskie - 4.51, 4.49

Sammie Stroughter - 4.55, 4.56

Mike Thomas - 4.31, 4.34 very impressive

Derrick Williams - 4.58, 4.67 very disappointing

Louis Murphy - 4.36, 4.33

Hakeem Nicks - 4.49, 4.51

Jordan Norwood - 4.57, 4.66

Tiquan Underwood - 4.32, 4.33

Mike Wallace - 4.28, 4.38

Jaison Williams - 4.69, 4.64

Brian Robiskie - 4.51

Sammie Stroughter - 4.55

Mike Thomas - 4.31 very impressive

Derrick Williams - 4.58 very disappointing

Louis Murphy - 4.36, 4.33

Hakeem Nicks - 4.49, 4.51

Just for some perspective to temper these 40 times...Anquan Bolden ran a 4.72.....just sayin. Also Mike thomas fro AZ ran a 4.31 and Wallace from Ole miss ran a 4.28...wow...he had a td in the senior bowl.

Guest Aloysius
I think the big winner so far is Heyward-Bey. With his size, running that fast? He's in round one for sure now. Maybe even the first WR taken behind Crabtree.

I agree. It's a little disconcerting that he wasn't that productive in college, but part of that can be blamed on the ridiculously inept offense he was in. Guys like Everette Brown and Robert Francois had career games ripping through Maryland's o-line.

Guest Aloysius

Average vertical for running backs: 36"

Rashad Jennings - 34"

Gartrell Johnson - 34"

Ian Johnson - 33"

Jeremiah Johnson - 35"

Quinn Johnson - 32"

Anthony Kimble - 36"

Marlon Lucky - 33.5"

Marcus Mailei - 35"

Knowshon Moreno - 35.5"

Robiskie is looking very good. So far he has shown that he has the best hands out of the receivers working out. He's probably confirmed himself as a second rounder...which means he's most likely off our radar.

I figured Maclin would run in the 4.3 range (?). At this point, mid-4.4's looks pedestrian to me. :)

That's pretty freakin good for a guy with his hands and height mz the pussy. They were speaking about the Steelers staff saying this was the most impressive group of WRs in the 40 they've seen in years so being the mean of that isn't bad if you've got good hands and football skills.

I've seen Britt play and sometimes he looks REAL good and other times he has stonehands. I see a Michael Jackson type of consistency but his size is intriguing as Hell.

Nicks is a guy that's intriguing. And the commentators ALL liked Robiskie. I sort of feel good for the kid because he didn't have the best group of guys throwing him passes the last 2 years. If he goes to the right environment - he could be a steal for somebody like say a Buffalo who already has their SPEED guy in Lee Evans. They'd have 2 WRs that played high school ball in Cleveland.

- Tom F.

Britt's a headcase. I'd pass on him.

We're on the same page. THAT was why I brought up the Michael Jackson consistency thing. I'm sick of guys dropping footballs to the volumes we've seen. Between, Northcutt and last season - we don't need another guy who struggles with consistency. Forget the 40s if they have stonehands - 1 Paul Hubbard is enough to carry.

- Tom F.

Guest Aloysius
Whoever said Shonne Green blew up to 300 lbs....way wrong... dude looked great at 227!

The rumor was that he ballooned to 300 during the year he was academically ineligible to play, not sometime between the Outback Bowl and today.

No RB's ran eye-opening times to me...although Moreno's 4.55 was suprising...thought he was much faster. Wells starting to grow on me more and more. Does (as someone said earlier) look like a young Jim Brown.

I'm REALLY disappointed they made ALL the RBs do all their jumps before runnning the most important 40s of their lives. Poor Beanie had to do the standign broad jump 6 consecutive times if i counted right and in the end he was #1 in that. I KNOW both he and Moreno are faster than they ran.

Like I said in another thread, Marshall Faulk said after one of the powerhouses ran a high 4.6 - "Terrell Davis told me he only ran a 4.7 at the combines." That wasn't much worse than Emmitt Smith or Earnet Byner folks. Which of those 3 players couldn't handle the NFL?

I think the 40 is important BUT like Mayock says if you're a short guy under 200 pounds (ie; Lorenzo Booker) - you better run a good 40. Guys like Beanie Wells, Greene and Moreno aren't gonna be thrilled with their 40 times BUT they'll be okay. They didn't turn into crappy football players today. They're all powerhouses with a promising future IF they can stay healthy.

When Robin Williams came to Nashville he started off talking football. Anyway, he goes "when they call some kid Beanie - you just know that's one fast mother hocker."

- Tom F.

I agree....the forties should have been the first thing they do...Beanies legs were noodles after 6 straight Broad jumps...then went right to Verticals, then 40's. I expect him to have considerable better Vert and 40 times. I have to say....I beginning to want Wells if curry is gone. I have the what if factor going through my mind all week about him....can we pass on ANOTHER LT and AP...he doesn't have their speed but damn the dude plays big in big games. That is HUGE for me...he dominated Michigan the whole time he played for the Bucks and turns out he played two years ago with a Broken wrist against the team up north. :wub:

Wouldn't you love to watch him do it to Pitt?

Archived