THE BROWNS BOARD

2015 Browns Board Draft

thenew23

ok i get the inside jokes and all but can tour or mudfly tell me why peat or collins rates out better than fisher from oregon? what i saw from the combine in skills tests was peat was gassed and fisher was solid. where's the huge diff? browns could pick another DL and go into the 2nd round for QB and still get a solid OL in the 3rd?

I watched Collins at the senior bowl and he was dominant. I'm still not a Peat fan.

And The Eagles should take an OL next. I like Humphries or Fisher.

• Replies 955
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hate this pick with a passion..., BUT I am going BPA and upgrading an important position, so deal with it.

With the 19th pick, the Cleveland Browns select T.J. Clemmings, OT, Pittsburgh...

One of those... "Not the one you want....but still a relief to have him." type o picks....

ok i get the inside jokes and all but can tour or mudfly tell me why peat or collins rates out better than fisher from oregon? what i saw from the combine in skills tests was peat was gassed and fisher was solid. where's the huge diff? browns could pick another DL and go into the 2nd round for QB and still get a solid OL in the 3rd?

Tour is the guy to answer this one.....OL aint my bag......though I will say OT is really deep this year(7-8 deep) and there isn't a huge difference from 1 to 2 to 5 to 7.....so in my world, there are probably several "bests", just depending on what team you're asking,.,,,

And The Eagles should take an OL next.

If I was picking for Chipper, Id go Hundley.......

I dont think the hours between like 12 and 6 should count against the time limit.

You get 12 hours total. If you can't "sleep on it" and make your pick then don't play the game. :lol: :lol:

Besides you should already know your pick is coming if you are checking daily. :P

Just a game tape thing, mik... combination of technique and how fluid the player looked in action. Our Buckeyes dropped Fisher on my board by exposing his susceptibility to inside moves, but he's still my #4 OT.

thenew23 needs to make the pick for him. Or Zombo if he can.

Since thenew is running the mock I'll let him pick, I am having a hard enough just doing the Saints two picks.

I'm sure he will check in soon, if not you guys can come up with a consensus.

Zombo

I hate this pick with a passion..., BUT I am going BPA and upgrading an important position, so deal with it.

With the 19th pick, the Cleveland Browns select T.J. Clemmings, OT, Pittsburgh...

Top needs still include: QB, WR, Pass-rusher, and TE/H-back

CBS had Ereck Flowers ranked higher at OT.....but it is all fungible.

CBS Sports Ten Best available:

1. Todd Gurley RB Georgia

2. Jaelen Strong WR Ariz. St.

3. Ereck Flowers OT Miami

4. Melvin Gordon RB Wisconsin

5. Donal Green Beckman WR Oklahoma

6. Owamagbe....-Odihigiyazuwa.... DE UCLA

7. Cameron Irving C FSU

8. Kevin Johnson CB Wake Forest.

9. Arik Armstead DT Oregon

10. Maxx Williams TE Minnesota

10. Marcus Peters CB Washington

This isn't just funny anymore, it is a trend for Chip Kelly...

With the 20th pick, the Philadelphia Eagles select Arik Armstead DT/DE from... you guessed it... Oregon...

A special talent who reminds me of JJ Watt in many ways... it was hard to pass on him for the Browns, not because he fills a need, but because he looks like he could be very disruptive as a 3-4 DE... that, plus the Oregon connection... this one was a no-brainer...

I watched Collins at the senior bowl and he was dominant. I'm still not a Peat fan.

And The Eagles should take an OL next. I like Humphries or Fisher.

Exactly the opposite here... Collins failed to impress me in any game tape whereas Peat dominated in every one... but damn that is one odd looking body.

If OT is the position the Eagles are looking to draft, then Ereck Flowers (Miami) has to be considered as well. I have him behind Fisher, but see him rated higher in some rankings.

But the Oregon factor may make Fisher the pick...

Or maybe Armstead?

EDIT: Which I now see was the pick...

This isn't just funny anymore, it is a trend for Chip Kelly...

With the 20th pick, the Philadelphia Eagles select Arik Armstead DT/DE from... you guessed it... Oregon...

now this would be just flippin crazy!

now this would be just flippin crazy!

I know... and it seems like the most logical pick. Armstead looks like he could be a monster in a 3-4 front. His only knock is his lack of production (meaning stats) during college. Put his talent along with some NFL D-line coaches and you could have a steal at 20. I read months ago that Pettine really liked Armstead because he is such a special talent. My only concerns were 1. we have like 6 DEs on our roster and 2. he could just as easily end up not really producing in the NFL for reasons unknown to me... I'm not sure the Browns are at the point of taking that 1st round risk again this year; however, Chip Kelly doesn't seem like a guy you could convince NOT to take a risk, especially if it involves a former Duck...

I know... and it seems like the most logical pick. Armstead looks like he could be a monster in a 3-4 front. His only knock is his lack of production (meaning stats) during college. Put his talent along with some NFL D-line coaches and you could have a steal at 20. I read months ago that Pettine really liked Armstead because he is such a special talent. My only concerns were 1. we have like 6 DEs on our roster and 2. he could just as easily end up not really producing in the NFL for reasons unknown to me... I'm not sure the Browns are at the point of taking that 1st round risk again this year; however, Chip Kelly doesn't seem like a guy you could convince NOT to take a risk, especially if it involves a former Duck...

I think it fits both ways. Even if he weren't from Oregon I think he would have to be under consideration by the Eagles....and the fact that he is from there simply seals the deal.

off topic but there should be a whoopie prize for the person who picks most correctly for their given team.

how many rounds is this going into?

i mean i got a kosar rookie card now worth .79 cents...i'll throw that into the hat. lol.

off topic but there should be a whoopie prize for the person who picks most correctly for their given team.

i mean i got a kosar rookie card now worth .79 cents...i'll throw that into the hat. lol.

We got to 4th round last year and started much later...we might get 7 in :)

We'll just keep drafting until either the real draft starts, or we're just guessing because nobody really knows anything about the 4th-7th round prospects... Gives us something to talk about...

.79 cents? How does that work, do you get some of those scissors that can cut a penny and trim off .21 cents?

xacto blades on the chocolate filled kreugerrands, bro. lol.

rounding up to the dollar went out the window with the likes of madoff. .21 cents x 500 k = ???????

i'd buy that for a dollar.

The Bengals seem to be leaning in multiple directions. Defense is the priority, unless you count some of their fanbase screaming for a replacement for Dalton. So....

With the 21st pick in the draft, the Cincinnati Bengals select Eddie Goldman DT Florida State.

Mik since I picked Peat for the 49ers I'll say that a recent trend is Stanford players have done well in the NFL and my own bias is the Stanford players are the educational elite of college football so they should be easy to "coach up"

Archived