THE BROWNS BOARD

2015 Browns Board Draft

thenew23

4 picks ahead of the Browns... My top needs now are QB, WR, and pass-rusher... There is no 1st round QB left, so-so on the WRs, and maybe one more 1st round pass-rusher... Do I blow off need and take BPA, or focus on fixing my starting lineup? Always a tough decision...

Right now I have 2 players I'm interested in... I hope at least 1 is left, or I might seriously be asking for suggestions come my turn to pick...

• Replies 955
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I see the 49ers are on the clock. In the real draft I fully expect to see the 49ers take a player.....only to have that player immediately announce his retirement. :lol:

I think they might be in the market for a LB... just my guess...

4 picks ahead of the Browns... My top needs now are QB, WR, and pass-rusher... There is no 1st round QB left, so-so on the WRs, and maybe one more 1st round pass-rusher... Do I blow off need and take BPA, or focus on fixing my starting lineup? Always a tough decision...

Right now I have 2 players I'm interested in... I hope at least 1 is left, or I might seriously be asking for suggestions come my turn to pick...

There are still a couple of prime players at WR and pass rush/OLB/DE still on the board.....if they don't get snatched up.

Pretty sure you can forget Parker... ;)

Then with Peat, Clemmings and other quality OTs left, an OT is both hard to pass at 19 and seems like a waste at the same time. But once the OT run starts they will go quickly...

Just ask WWRD... What Would Ray Do?

Pretty sure you can forget Parker... ;)

Then with Peat, Clemmings and other quality OTs left, an OT is both hard to pass at 19 and seems like a waste at the same time. But once the OT run starts they will go quickly...

If one I am thinking of is still there I will let you know. If he goes before 19 I'll identify him. PS-with Collins the OT run has begun. There's a lot of good ones.

Parker is my hope-and-pray target right now, but I'm assuming with you having 2 picks before me, the smirkining face means I am down to one hopeful...

I feel the same way about drafting an OT... 1 - "there are a lot of good ones", but none of them are that great. and 2 - it feels like a waste of a 2nd 1st round pick, I mean are any of these guys obvious upgrades to Schwartz?? who was a 2nd round pick himself...

If not Parker, then who is going to make an impact on this offense? Sitting at 12 and 19 are not good places to add weapons to a struggling offense...

I think both Peat and Clemmings are significant upgrades to Schwartz considering that I think both have a very good chance to develop into top tier LT in the years to come. They are my top two OTs in the draft.

The issue is that we do not need to upgrade RT right now as much as we do other positions. The only way one of these two becomes a good short-term pick is if you think moving Mitch to RG upgrades us there. I do not believe that move improves us. I actually think it hurts us. I think a replaced Schwartz becomes a one position back up or a trade candidate.

Anyway... I basically have my two picks ready. Just waiting on SanFran's... I do not envy BaconHound's task filling those GM shoes.

Parker is my hope-and-pray target right now, but I'm assuming with you having 2 picks before me, the smirkining face means I am down to one hopeful...

I feel the same way about drafting an OT... 1 - "there are a lot of good ones", but none of them are that great. and 2 - it feels like a waste of a 2nd 1st round pick, I mean are any of these guys obvious upgrades to Schwartz?? who was a 2nd round pick himself...

If not Parker, then who is going to make an impact on this offense? Sitting at 12 and 19 are not good places to add weapons to a struggling offense...

You could address the TE situation with Maxx Williams ?

You could address the TE situation with Maxx Williams ?

Got me thinking... There are quite a few pass-rushers left and at least 1 has to be available in the 2nd round, but I'd hate to pigeonhole myself into taking a lesser player just to fill a need... I guess we'll see how it plays out...

I think both Peat and Clemmings are significant upgrades to Schwartz considering that I think both have a very good chance to develop into top tier LT in the years to come. They are my top two OTs in the draft.

The issue is that we do not need to upgrade RT right now as much as we do other positions. The only way one of these two becomes a good short-term pick is if you think moving Mitch to RG upgrades us there. I do not believe that move improves us. I actually think it hurts us. I think a replaced Schwartz becomes a one position back up or a trade candidate.

Anyway... I basically have my two picks ready. Just waiting on SanFran's... I do not envy BaconHound's task filling those GM shoes.

Wife is a big 49er fan so watched all but three games, that had zero offensive line depth soooo

Good choice by the 49ers...

With the 16th pick in the 2014 NFL Draft the Houston Texans select:

DaVante Parker WR Lousiville... nice meeting of need and BPA.

And now over to me and the San Diego Chargers...

Good choice by the 49ers...

With the 16th pick in the 2014 NFL Draft the Houston Texans select:

DaVante Parker WR Lousiville... nice meeting of need and BPA.

And now over to me and the San Diego Chargers...

That was my prediction. They need to replace Andre Johnson.

CBS Sports Ten Best available:

1. Alvin Dupree DE Kentucky

2. Landon Collins SS Alabama

3. Todd Gurley RB Georgia

4. Jaelen Strong WR Ariz. St.

5. Ereck Flowers OT Miami

6. Melvin Gordon RB Wisconsin

7. Donal Green Beckman WR Oklahoma

8. Ow....-Odh.... DE UCLA

9. Cameron Irving C FSU

10. Kevin Johnson CB Wake Forest.

10. Arik Armstead DT Oregon

10. Maxx Williams TE Minnesota

That was my prediction. They need to replace Andre Johnson.

Since I pretty muich posted my intention on the prior page, I can't give you any Nostradamus points...

Thanks... you took both of my guys back-to-back... way to screw over the Browns... jerk lol

I resemble that remark... :P

Parker is simply a great fit for the Texans and a value pick at #16.

While there were other need options for the Chargers at #17 that gave me pause, there are really good Round 2 options in those other positions. Whereas Dupree is IMO the last of the really good, big, sack-happy OLBs.

THIS is why it's hard to be Ray Farmer.....tough pick......(I trade down).....(again)

Yup... #19 is in no man's land.

And while I like Brown at 12 and he's a solid prospect, compared to Shelton he just feels "reach-ish".

I hate this pick with a passion..., BUT I am going BPA and upgrading an important position, so deal with it.

With the 19th pick, the Cleveland Browns select T.J. Clemmings, OT, Pittsburgh...

Top needs still include: QB, WR, Pass-rusher, and TE/H-back

With the 17th pick the San Diego Chargers select:

Alvin Dupree OLB Kentucky

KC is on the clock....

Dammit Tour that's the one I wanted the Browns to take!

new23-JM thanks you. Me too. Good pick.

I hate this pick with a passion..., BUT I am going BPA and upgrading an important position, so deal with it.

With the 19th pick, the Cleveland Browns select T.J. Clemmings, OT, Pittsburgh...

Top needs still include: QB, WR, Pass-rusher, and TE/H-back

I feel your pain... I have made the exact same pick on a couple occasions in the draft sims... even FirstPick when no team proposed a trade for #19.

The only others that would have tempted me would have been Kendricks and Harold, and both are much bigger reaches at 19.

You did about as well as you could given how the picks fell.

ok i get the inside jokes and all but can tour or mudfly tell me why peat or collins rates out better than fisher from oregon? what i saw from the combine in skills tests was peat was gassed and fisher was solid. where's the huge diff? browns could pick another DL and go into the 2nd round for QB and still get a solid OL in the 3rd?

Archived