THE BROWNS BOARD

2015 Browns Board Draft

thenew23

• Replies 955
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ok. so do we give a trophy to the guy that gets the most accurate picks for his team?

i know it's tough cuz this doesn't account for trades etc. but i'm still interested in seeing how everyone does.

i know i'll have none right but if your a browns fan picking for denver you kinda got to expect that.

shoulda picked a kicker with my first selection.

HA!!

ok. so do we give a trophy to the guy that gets the most accurate picks for his team?

i know it's tough cuz this doesn't account for trades etc. but i'm still interested in seeing how everyone does.

i know i'll have none right but if your a browns fan picking for denver you kinda got to expect that.

shoulda picked a kicker with my first selection.

HA!!

On top of what TexasAg mentioned, some of us would have probably gone in a different direction had we known what took place after the board draft started. As an example the Packers signed two nose tackles, Raji and Guion, a few days after it was my turn to pick for them in the first round. Had I known that I would not have reached for Jordan Phillips.

On top of what TexasAg mentioned, some of us would have probably gone in a different direction had we known what took place after the board draft started. As an example the Packers signed two nose tackles, Raji and Guion, a few days after it was my turn to pick for them in the first round. Had I known that I would not have reached for Jordan Phillips.

good point.

i realized that also while picking for denver, seeing that they signed some people that woulda made my picks different...

fuck denver. i should pick all P/Kers.

so....in the end....are you guys saying there is no point to this or way to score it?.....it's been a 2 month long race just to find there is no finish line?.....

sheeesh......Im disappointed there is no winner or loser.....really REALLY wanted to see THAT debate........;)

so....in the end....are you guys saying there is no point to this or way to score it?.....it's been a 2 month long race just to find there is no finish line?.....

sheeesh......Im disappointed there is no winner or loser.....really REALLY wanted to see THAT debate........ ;)

I suppose you could grade each teams draft as our very own Mel Kiper :)

I suppose you could grade each teams draft as our very own Mel Kiper :)

Thanks but, as much as Id love to do that, something tells me it would be a completely thankless job....ha!.....pretty sure I got enough haters already....plus, I totally dont want to spend a week debating with some guy(or 20) on why his draft sucks rocks.... ;)

HA!.....Perfect.....so, like us men have been doing for eons, we can just break out the ole tape measure and resolve things once and for all...,,,,,, ;)

sheeesh......Im disappointed there is no winner or loser.....really REALLY wanted to see THAT debate........ ;)

You could always make a new roster once Madden 16 is out with the board's picks and see which draft class is more successful :P

Best available by the list I am going off of

1. Tony Washington Oregon OLB
  2. Corey Crawford Clemson DE
  3. Jean Sifrin Massachusetts TE
  4. Quandre Diggs Texas CB
  5. Deion Barnes Penn St OLB
  6. Austin Hill Arizona WR
  7. Kyshoen Jarret Virginia Tech SS
  8. Dres Anderson Utah WR
  9. Terrance Plummer UCF ILB
  10. Jalston Fowler Alabama FB
  11. J.J. Nelson UAB WR
  12. Zach Vigil Utah ST ILB
  13. Cam Thomas Western Kentucky CB
  14. Rory Anderson South Carolina TE
  15. Derrick Malone Oregon OLB
  16. Levi Norwood Baylor WR
  17. Deshazor Everett Texas A&M CB
  18. Justin Manton Louisana-Monroe PK
  19. Ray Drew Georgia DE
  20. Terrance McGee LSU RB

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers select:

Tight End Case Pierce Kent State

Potential big target for Winston....if not, his best attribute is pass protection. (Maybe a new Antonio Gates?)

From NFL.com:

ANALYSIS STRENGTHS Displays tenacity as a pass protector with a nice, wide base and desired hand placement. Handled himself pretty well against Ohio State defensive end Joey Bosa. True move tight end with ability to block and catch from multiple spots on field. Reliable, soft hands and can catch contested throws. WEAKNESSES Play speed looks average on tape. Takes a while to get to top speed and is almost completely upright at times when getting into his breaks. Carries pad level high on wham blocks across formation and doesn't hit with force. Struggles to consistently hit targets in space and sustain in space. DRAFT PROJECTION

Round 7 or priority free agent

NFL COMPARISON Zach Sudfeld BOTTOM LINE Can line up in a variety of spots. Offers formation versatility and a willingness to do the dirty work as a blocker. He won't do much on the ground after the catch, but he has reliable hands and the competitive temperament to give himself a legitimate shot of making a roster, likely for a West Coast offense.

-Lance Zierlein

i would suggest we try and redo a quick repick of the first round, given team's signings and so forth after we started but i think time would be a constraint and half the people gave up on this already.

like to see how close we get to the actual picks. (then again how do you account for trades?)

Panthers select in the 7th round:

Obum Gwacham DE Oregon St.

From NFL.com

TRENGTHS: Good-looking athlete with a tall, long frame...first quick step with acceleration off the edge, flattening and closing with burst...shows active hands to fight through blockers, working hard to keep himself clean...lower body explosiveness with springs in his calves - also a high jumper on the Oregon State track team...pursuit speed to chase from behind and make plays at the sideline...improved diagnose skills and ball awareness, reading his keys and not allowing himself to be fooled.

Lacks the power to match up in the trenches, but that doesn't stop him, playing with a competitive, attacking mentality...offers versatility as an experienced special teamer - can be used on offense in goal line situations as a red zone threat...prides himself on his conditioning and workout routines...positive attitude that rubs off on his teammates according to his coaches...football bloodlines - brother (Nnamdi) played four seasons at Utah State as a wide receiver.

WEAKNESSES: Very lean upper and lower body with skinny limbs...needs to continue adding weight, but is nearly maxed out...lacks the functional strength to consistently stack-and-shed at the point of attack...doesn't convert speed to power and doesn't offer much shock in his punch...active hands, but doesn't use them effectively enough...instincts and snap anticipation are still rough around the edges - needs to locate the ball quicker and improve his pursuit angles...pops upright off the snap and doesn't rush with tact or creativity.

All four of his sacks came in the first five games of 2014 as he struggled to make adjustments against better competition down the stretch...doesn't show a nasty attitude and needs more glass in his diet...only one season on defense and will be a 24-year old NFL rookie...lean body type leads to durability concerns.

SUMMARY: A native of Onitsha, Nigeria, Gwacham, whose first name means "Son of God" in Nigerian, moved to the United States when he was seven years old and started playing football in high school. After playing wide receiver his first four seasons in Corvallis, he transitioned to defense at left defensive end for his senior season, showing raw promise as an edge rusher.

Gwacham relies on his effort and athleticism over strength and technique and needs to become a more well-rounded player to survive at the next level - worth a mid-to-late round gamble, fitting both 4-3 (wide-nine defensive end) and 3-4 (outside pass rusher) schemes.

--Dane Brugler

Archived