THE BROWNS BOARD

Brian Hartline to visit Browns on Tues

calfoxwc

Yea, by now " He's Getting Drunk on a Plane". Flying back to Miami, Fla. where His Wife and Kids await to hear him Say "Forget the Sunny Beaches and Disneyland Were Going to Cleveland". B)

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yea, by now " He's Getting Drunk on a Plane". Flying back to Miami, Fla. where His Wife and Kids await to hear him Say "Forget the Sunny Beaches and Disneyland Were Going to Cleveland". B)

Pretty sure Brian's wife is a Buckeye as well. Doubt she'll mind.

Isn't "Hartline" something used to keep ticks away from dogs and, also, protect them from heart worm?

I cant imagine the pound taking to him very easily ....

funny how easy it is to clean your glasses with dollar bills.

it'd be more like: "get the fuck on the plane bitch we're going to cleveland...............we still have the condo on south beach so shut your hole."

Well I never...

"Hartline owns and operates two convenience stores with a partner in Columbus that he works during the off season" according to wikipedia. Seems like he's in the area anyway...

Well I never...

"Hartline owns and operates two convenience stores with a partner in Columbus that he works during the off season" according to wikipedia. Seems like he's in the area anyway...

Wow. NFL Football must be really anti climactic after that experience.

WSS

There is a radio clip somewhere of Hartline being phone interviewed by local sports radio in Miami after he signed his contract.

In the background you hear a horn blare and then they ask him whats going on. He then details that he's working the drive-thru at his business. Its pretty funny, actually.

SIGN Hartline and Ginn returner/slot guy. and try an lure Shorts. a

and draft the Best receiver who ever falls to 12 that you think can be your #1.

your reciever core would be

Draft pick lets say its Parker from Lousiville

#2 Shorts

#3 Hartline

#4 Hawkins

#5 Gabriel

#6 Ginn

Thats not a bad corp.

id cut Benjamin since his knee injury has not been the same. but maybe keep him on as a 7th guy returner

Id point out Cecil is a deep threat that can play if it takes the rookie a little time to adjust to the NFL game which we have seen happen with rookie receivers,. They all dont come out blazing the field some take time. and Shorts would give them time to adjust if needed.

I'm not sure why would need Shorts, especially if we're going to be drafting a wide receiver.

I'm not sure why would need Shorts, especially if we're going to be drafting a wide receiver.

Did you read what quoted, i think i pointed out why you sign Shorts. not all rookie receivers come out Calvin Johnson. Some take time. Shorts would give the Rookie time to transition to the NFL. How many 1st round WR picks are bust cause they dont develope fast enough or ever to the game.

here are the top 10

Sylvester Morris 2000 draft 21st pick KC

Jay Soward 2000 draft 29th pick Jags

David Terrell 2001 draft 8th pick Bears

Freddie Mitchel 2001 draft 25th pick Eagles

Ashlie Lelie 2002 draft 19th pick Broncos

Charlie Johnson 2003 draft 2nd pick Lions

Reggie Williams 2004 draft 9th pick Jags

Troy Wlliamson 2005 draft 7th pick Vikings

Mike Williams 2005 draft 10th pick Lions

Ted Ginn 2007 draft 7th pick Dolphins

Did you read what quoted, i think i pointed out why you sign Shorts. not all rookie receivers come out Calvin Johnson. Some take time. Shorts would give the Rookie time to transition to the NFL. How many 1st round WR picks are bust cause they dont develope fast enough or ever to the game.

here are the top 10

Sylvester Morris 2000 draft 21st pick KC

Jay Soward 2000 draft 29th pick Jags

David Terrell 2001 draft 8th pick Bears

Freddie Mitchel 2001 draft 25th pick Eagles

Ashlie Lelie 2002 draft 19th pick Broncos

Charlie Johnson 2003 draft 2nd pick Lions

Reggie Williams 2004 draft 9th pick Jags

Troy Wlliamson 2005 draft 7th pick Vikings

Mike Williams 2005 draft 10th pick Lions

Ted Ginn 2007 draft 7th pick Dolphins

Except that Shorts is just a slightly taller, slightly slower version of both Hawkins and Gabriel. He's not a #1 WR, he's not a slot receiver, he is solely a #2, which is what we don't need.

Our roster is full of sub 6'0", shifty receivers. We need a tall red zone threat, not just another undersized, mediocre guy. We need someone to contest 50/50 balls. Right now, the fade is not in our arsenal. We need someone to target in the red zone. Shorts isn't that guy.

I like Shorts, just as I like Garcon. I like all Mt. Union guys. But he's just not needed. His skillset is one that two of our receivers already possess.

Except that Shorts is just a slightly taller, slightly slower version of both Hawkins and Gabriel. He's not a #1 WR, he's not a slot receiver, he is solely a #2, which is what we don't need.

Our roster is full of sub 6'0", shifty receivers. We need a tall red zone threat, not just another undersized, mediocre guy. We need someone to contest 50/50 balls. Right now, the fade is not in our arsenal. We need someone to target in the red zone. Shorts isn't that guy.

I like Shorts, just as I like Garcon. I like all Mt. Union guys. But he's just not needed. His skillset is one that two of our receivers already possess.

Really 6"0.. Lafell is 6:2 Hartline is 6'2 and the rest of the Patriots receivers outside Gronk are barely 6ft. and there are not the fastest receiver group in the NFL either.The top 10 receivers from 2014 season only 4 are over 6ft. Johnson, Bryant, Jones, and Nelson. the rest at 6ft or shorter.

Point is tall reveivers are beginning to not be so improtant. and we need after the catch shifty guys in Cleveland weather.

Really 6"0.. Lafell is 6:2 Hartline is 6'2 and the rest of the Patriots receivers outside Gronk are barely 6ft. and there are not the fastest receiver group in the NFL either.The top 10 receivers from 2014 season only 4 are over 6ft. Johnson, Bryant, Jones, and Nelson. the rest at 6ft or shorter.

Point is tall reveivers are beginning to not be so improtant. and we need after the catch shifty guys in Cleveland weather.

We have two after the catch, shifty guys already. Why would we bring in a third? The point isn't that that smaller receivers are becoming more "in-flavor", the point is that smaller receivers are all we have. We need at least one bigger receiver before we need a less talented Andrew Hawkins.

Cecil Shorts can't do anything that the receivers we have can't already do.

Sure, the Patriots have sub- 6'0" receivers. They also have Gronk, who commands a #1 CB in the redzone, leaving mismatches across the field. We don't have that.

Also, you're crazy if you think tall receivers aren't important.

Agreed Cobb would be an excellent pick up but he wil be looking for a SB contender i think. Dont see him being thrilled coming to cleveland were we cant figure out who our Qb will be from one season to the next. And that is the biggest reason we are settleing for these smaller quick rather than fast receivers. and these good route runners who are where they are suppose to be when they are suppose to be there type receivers. Qbs on our roster arent boasting the strongest arms either.

parker is 6-2

White is 6-3

beckum with off field baggage is 6-5

Stong from Ari. is 6-3.

our Big receiver would be our draft pick. my only point to Shorts is he is a veteran who can help the rookie get going.

Agreed Cobb would be an excellent pick up but he wil be looking for a SB contender i think. Dont see him being thrilled coming to cleveland were we cant figure out who our Qb will be from one season to the next. And that is the biggest reason we are settleing for these smaller quick rather than fast receivers. and these good route runners who are where they are suppose to be when they are suppose to be there type receivers. Qbs on our roster arent boasting the strongest arms either.

parker is 6-2

White is 6-3

beckum with off field baggage is 6-5

Stong from Ari. is 6-3.

our Big receiver would be our draft pick. my only point to Shorts is he is a veteran who can help the rookie get going.

what about funchess?

Archived