THE BROWNS BOARD

Brian Hartline to visit Browns on Tues

calfoxwc

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No where near the same player aside from skin color. Tiam

Nowhere near? Hartline is a lot bigger. But Brian Brennan averaged

13 yards a reception, and Hartliine averaged 12.2 yards a reception, careerwise.

That's very similar. And both were smart, tough players who loved the game, knew

how to get open regardless of not having bigtime speed, and both could catch

the ball excellently. I'd sign Hartline in a NY second, unless you get into a bidding

war with Buffalo, who is also interested.

Brian Brennan
Height: 5-9 Weight: 178 Age: 53
Born: 2/15/1962 Bloomfield , MI
College: Boston College
Experience: 9 Seasons
REC
YDS
AVG
TDS
Brian Hartline
#82 WR
Miami Dolphins | Official Team Site
Height: 6-2 Weight: 200 Age: 28
Born: 11/22/1986 Canton , OH
College: Ohio State
Experience: 7th season
High School: Glen Oak HS [North Canton, OH]
REC
YDS
AVG
TDS

Why the sudden dropoff? Tannehill arrived in 2012 and he had two 1000+ yr seasons before this year.

When I watched Miami, I saw a team struggle to pass protect and then focus too heavily on getting Wallace the ball. Landry being the safety net in the slot.

No where near the same player aside from skin color. Tiam

Nowhere near? Hartline is a lot bigger. But Brian Brennan averaged

13 yards a reception, and Hartliine averaged 12.2 yards a reception, careerwise.

That's very similar. And both were smart, tough players who loved the game, knew

how to get open regardless of not having bigtime speed, and both could catch

the ball excellently. I'd sign Hartline in a NY second, unless you get into a bidding

war with Buffalo, who is also interested.

Their measurables and style of game are different, of course the results speak for themselves as both had/have strong hands and great feel for what defenses are attempting to do to them.

Hartline and Brennan LOVED the game. They were ***FOOTBALL PLAYERS*** from

the beginning of their school careers. Watching Hartline's video sure reminds me of

Brennan.

Both played qb at one time. For anybody interested,

here is a highlight video of Brian Brennan. 5'9" ? Yep.

Watching that video it is more interesting to watch Tannehill. he looks at other recievers but he always looks where Hartline is suppose to be and is always there. Hartlines catchs are forward and getting down not taking that big hit. He isnt a burner he is a accurate route safety blanket receiver that we havent had in a long time. Hartline is always at the sticks and knows where he needs to get to for the first watch his head he catches the ball and looks for the sticks and get as close to them as he can. we dont need burners at reciever we needs guys that catch and get 1str downs.

edit: If the number I'm reading are accurate, he was targeted on 62 times on the year. Might help explain some of the drop off.

pfr has it at 63 for '14... in the ballpark of his first three-years, but roughly half of what he saw in his career years of '12 and '13.

Looks like Jarvis Landry's arrival stole Brian's opportunities, pushed Brain back to the #3WR role. With Landry's 84 catches in 112 targets it's easy to see why. Hard to match that kind of success rate.

Brian dropped 6.4% of his 2014 targets. Essentially the same as our worst WR by that measure, Benji (6.5%).

Other years...

2013 6.8%

2012 3.1%

2011 4.6%

2010 4.1%

2009 5.4%

Hey... at least in '09 Ginn's 11.5% drop rate made Brian look fantastic.

I just don't see the upgrade here...

pfr has it at 63 for '14... in the ballpark of his first three-years, but roughly half of what he saw in his career years of '12 and '13.

Looks like Jarvis Landry's arrival stole Brian's opportunities, pushed Brain back to the #3WR role. With Landry's 84 catches in 112 targets it's easy to see why. Hard to match that kind of success rate.

Brian dropped 6.4% of his 2014 targets. Essentially the same as our worst WR by that measure, Benji (6.5%).

Other years...

2013 6.8%

2012 3.1%

2011 4.6%

2010 4.1%

2009 5.4%

Hey... at least in '09 Ginn's 11.5% drop rate made Brian look fantastic.

I just don't see the upgrade here...

I find it a little difficult to compare outright drop percentages without mixing in targets and total catches. In which case, Benji's drop rate for how little he's involved as a receiver is scary.

Now this is a signing I could get behind. He seems very reliable, especially as a 3rd WR. I'd love to see him and Shorts come in, along with a draft pick.

Hawkins

Shorts

Hartline

Rookie

Gabriel

Benjamin

Battle it out for 5 spots on the roster... That seems like a reliable bunch. Not sure who stretches the field, unless we take that rookie with our #12 pick (Cooper, White)

Still need a TE though...

Now this is a signing I could get behind. He seems very reliable, especially as a 3rd WR. I'd love to see him and Shorts come in, along with a draft pick.

Hawkins

Shorts

Hartline

Rookie

Gabriel

Benjamin

Battle it out for 5 spots on the roster... That seems like a reliable bunch. Not sure who stretches the field, unless we take that rookie with our #12 pick (Cooper, White)

Still need a TE though...

Dr Dray and Barnidge filled in rather admirably but there are several athletic, vertical threat TE's to be had in the later rounds of the draft.

Dustin Fox (another Canton guy) knows Hartline pretty well, and says that he knows some "inside info" on the Hartline visit to Berea. When asked on this afternoon's radio show on a scale of 1 to 10 what are the odds of Hartline signing with the Browns, he said it's an 8.

Like today Tuesday the 3rd or like next Tuesday 10th when we can lock him in the building till he signs a Contract?? When the hell can we start signing some of these Millionaires??

1. espn.go.com/.../post/_/id/161163/2015-nfl-free-agents Cached

Feb 28, 2015 · The new league year opens at 4 p.m. ET March 10, when unrestricted freeagents can sign with any team

Dr Dray and Barnidge filled in rather admirably but there are several athletic, vertical threat TE's to be had in the later rounds of the draft.

Don't sell Dray short in that role. His 40 and shuttle times coming out of Stanford were the equal of the best of your down draft prospects...

All, however, are well short of what were Cam's...

Archived