THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns sign Josh McCown to 3 year contract

Mark O

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got nothing personal against Hoyer... I love his character, his DNA. He makes Cleveland proud no matter what goes on between the lines... he is PURE Class. He was my QB in 2015; I was in his corner when he stepped between the lines. But another season of 6-8 wins with Hoyer is much worse than getting that all important top guy Apr 15th, 2016.

Three years! A three year deal! Amazing! What do these guys do for an encore? How about signing his brother Luke to be the backup! A guy who's thirty-five and went 1-10 last year. Sure glad they're not raising ticket prices.

I would not be surprised if the Browns are still trying to trade for Glennon.

From our end, the rumor mill still has the Browns as an active Glennon suitor... Buffalo is a step above according to the rumor mill in the Glennon sweepstakes thanks to the Browns signing of McDilfer.. The FA market on QBs this yr is really sad considering the Browns just signed the crown or clown prince......

Glennon or Foles???... Plan A??? Think BIGGER people... like getting to the Promised Land bigger.

We need a chief & Glennon/Foles won't do.

The idea IS NOT load up on QBs, as if we have another PLAN A - FA QB idea for 2015.... (and lets draft a QB too!)

NOOOO... we're set & going with McCown, Manziel, and Shaw... they're PLAN A, leading to PAYDIRT: April ~15th, 2016.

who doesn't like this signing?

why don't you shut the fuck up?

another member on the forum just to bitch and complain?

this is tiresome already.

if life is this bad for you because the browns signedd mccown then do us all a favor: pin a note on your shirt and go hang your self in the closet. at least someone at the end of the day going to hang up their coat will have some good news.

NOOOO... we're set & going with McCown, Manziel, and Shaw... they're PLAN A, leading to PAYDIRT: April ~15th, 2016.

This is one of the stupidest things I ever heard...

I'm not thrilled with the signing, but I'll admit we could've done worse. I guess I'm a McCown fan all of a sudden... Yay...

I'd still like to see us draft another QB like Petty or Hundley, but we are certainly not "tanking." This team is built to run the ball and play D. If McCown can limit his mistakes and pick up a few 1st downs we'll have a shot to improve on our 7-win season...

we just signed a player-coaching staff LIASON for young pup QBs....

EXACTLY what we needed, given our options for 2015.

Now wait it out & enjoy finding the bright spots of the team in development on the field in 2015.

An exciting scenario would be signing a good F.A. DT (Dockett, Knighton, Ngata, Ellis) and drafting Vic Beasley or Shaq Thompson at #12 to consistently get to the QB. With those additions, we'd see an active D transitioning toward a division winning level. That's how CLE will ever make the Promised Land... beat CIN, PIT, & BAL with some consistency. That's the only way. It doesn't happen w/o a D better than theirs. True Story.

thenew23: "This is one of the stupidest things I've ever heard..."

That's because you haven't 'heard' very much...

and you're dumb as the dumbest

case in point, your sn: "thenew23"

the thinking you are hearing & following.... stack on QBs till something works is seriously flawed. Hundley or Petty only compounds the problem, only sets us back further. (compounds --in this case-- means makes it worse)

there's an excellent chance to solve the problem* in 2016 (*that plagues dumb franchises for a decade long because they do things like you are speaking of doing, and would do. Do you understand the definition of insanity?

http://www.cleveland...12-7e9a125abb2a

Pettine laid out the strategy clearly for 2015. He wants to build the defense into one of the better defenses in the league. He never talks about having confidence some veteran qb is going to come in and be the difference maker. He is banking on our defense. He is the right HC to do it with his defensive background.

who doesn't like this signing?

why don't you shut the fuck up?

another member on the forum just to bitch and complain?

this is tiresome already.

if life is this bad for you because the browns signedd mccown then do us all a favor: pin a note on your shirt and go hang your self in the closet. at least someone at the end of the day going to hang up their coat will have some good news.

I'd rather have Leonard Nimoy . . . RIP

Agree that Pettine is the right guy, Farmer may prove the right guy at GM by hitting on top picks this year (at least) and not chasing QB/WR beyond their true value. I like the moves made to coach QB play.... we're GOING SOMEWHERE GOOOOOOOD

We finally got the right HC. I like where he is going with the emphasis on defense in 2015. The team does have talent. Pettine also believes on the offensive side we will have one of the better O lines in the league.

Went 1-10 last season .....will fit right in here .....

Yup.

I am guessing fail for Cardale is real.

Several of you guys beat me to it. And no Mik- I'm not happy about the Browns signing him. Look up his career stats- the guy SUCKS. Whoop-te-do, we brought in an updated version of Jake Delhomme. Pardon me while I barf.

Hoyer wants to start. Neither last year nor this year would Hoyer help develop ANY rookie to pass him on the depth chart. On the other hand, McCown will be willing to start, backup, but more important, willingly mentor a young QB without bitterness or jealousy. IMO, he has significant value.

We'll see.

Mike

Hoyer may want to start, but what team is going to offer him a starting job? It's Texans or bust.

From wiki.

Lucas Patrick McCown (born July 12, 1981) is an American football quarterback and special teamer for the New Orleans Saints of the National Football League. He played college football for the Louisiana Tech University Bulldogs, and was drafted by the Cleveland Browns in the fourth round of the 2004 NFL Draft. He also played for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in 2007, 2008, Jacksonville Jaguars from 2009 to 2011 and Atlanta Falcons in 2012. He is the younger brother of Josh McCown and former Texas A&M quarterback Randy McCown.

-------------

So our new backup QB has history with us. Drafted his younger brother, and his other brother played QB at Texas A&M like Manziel. It's a small world, after all.

per wiki.

Joshua Treadwell McCown (born July 4, 1979) is an American football quarterback for the Cleveland Browns of the National Football League (NFL). He was drafted by the Arizona Cardinals in the third round of the 2002 NFL Draft. He played college football at SMU and Sam Houston State.

McCown has played for the Arizona Cardinals, Detroit Lions, Oakland Raiders, Miami Dolphins, Carolina Panthers, Hartford Colonials, San Francisco 49ers, Chicago Bears, and Tampa Bay Buccaneers. He is the older brother of fellow NFL quarterback Luke McCown and younger brother of former Texas A&M quarterback Randy McCown.

So the org knew Hoyer didn't want to be here after the Manziel pressure last year unless he got paid booku bucks and even then I think he'd still feel that pressure in his mind.

They bring in someone a little younger with about the same stats and more playing experience who flat out said he doesn't give a shit about what's going on with Manziel AND will even mentor him.........

And this is bad how? (Don't have to draft a QB and wAs rated best FA QB).

Archived