THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns sign Josh McCown to 3 year contract

Mark O

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hopefully this is a Seattle/Flynn Russell situation.

Either Johnny comes back and wins the job or the QB they Draft in the third comes in and wins the job.

McCown.... Blah. Does it bother anybody else that the dude is 5 years older than the QB Coach...

Hopefully this is a Seattle/Flynn Russell situation.

Either Johnny comes back and wins the job or the QB they Draft in the third comes in and wins the job.

McCown.... Blah. Does it bother anybody else that the dude is 5 years older than the QB Coach...

Nah it doesn't bother me. It is just two awful QBs who will be able to talk each other about how to fine tune a losing season.

c'mon man, mccown IS a step up from hoyer given the age difference and injury history.

i don't blame hoyer for wanting out after what he had to deal with the whole JF fiasco last year.

this browns org is showing me more promise every day moving forward as they weren't going to let an old/getting older journeyman backup (who played great for us for ......let's say 10 games) dictate the future of this team.

don't like it here, GTFO.

and to say we'll can it for cardale is laughable as i've noted in past posts. you really think donte whitner, JT, haden and bitonio etc. who are here to win are just going to lay down?

another GTFO.

I hope you are right.

Me, too...

The guy can play fake really well, easily as well as Brian, which was the best part of Hoyer's game.

Not that I hate him .... but he aint running the (same) offense as Johnny Manziel.

Presumes Johnny ran an offense?

Seriously, it is not as if Shanny did the kid many favors staying so much with the Pistol as he did in Cinci 1.2. Especially when you consider how good he looked bootlegging v the Bills a couple weeks earlier.

IMO if Johnny is going to make it in this league, then he is going to have to learn to play under center. Ditto for any other QB this side of Philly (or the other side for that matter).

And now we have Josh to teach JM and whomever else is sitting in class.

Ironically saw sideline footage of McCown interacting with Warner on the ARZ sideline today on NFL Network the season they marched to the Super Bowl. Josh McCown is going to earn his contract mostly as a tutor... and he's a good one. He communicated very well with Warner, as his understudy - I witnessed evidence of that during 'A Football Life - Kurt Warner'.

Think about it: McCown's been around the league his share & gone through plenty of offenses, scheme, & regime changes.

He'll be helping keep the ship steady behind the scenes... a valuable signing.

I'd like to see more Connor Shaw & Manziel in 2015, so we know how they respond to more game time going forward into the 2016 Draft.

This was actually the RIGHT move for our future, which is coming in the top 5 pick range in 2016.

The idea is position for the QB of our bright future in the 2016 Draft... just from the B1G... our quarter of the country... top NFL prospects like MSU's Connor Cook, PSU's Christian Hackenberg, and Ohio State's 12 Gauge.

What is hard to understand about that? It is wise.

So... Tank, in other words?

This was actually the RIGHT move for our future, which is coming in the top 5 pick range in 2016.

All warm and fuzzy now..... Thanks

See it as an addition to the coaching staff, and a stabling presence.

I swear it's not a bad signing & was the best move.

Imagine Hoyer back at 3 years/$18M.... and we win 7 games again and miss out on the top 3 QBs drafted in 2016.

We're much better off lookin' for bright spots & improvements another season while actually getting a franchise QB with a top pick in the 2016 Draft.... see that our ceiling afterward in 2016+ is HIGHER...

c'mon man, mccown IS a step up from hoyer given the age difference and injury history.

i don't blame hoyer for wanting out after what he had to deal with the whole JF fiasco last year.

this browns org is showing me more promise every day moving forward as they weren't going to let an old/getting older journeyman backup (who played great for us for ......let's say 10 games) dictate the future of this team.

don't like it here, GTFO.

and to say we'll can it for cardale is laughable as i've noted in past posts. you really think donte whitner, JT, haden and bitonio etc. who are here to win are just going to lay down?

another GTFO.

What kind of drugs you on today ?

Archived