THE BROWNS BOARD

Maurice Evans

Guest Aloysius

Guest Aloysius

The Browns have met with Penn State DE-OLB Maurice Evans at the Combine. Evans surprised people by declaring after a junior season marred by a marijuana-related suspension and injuries - his draft stock isn't exactly peaking right now.

But he was very productive as a sophomore (12.5 sacks, 21.5 TFL's) and appears to have the physical tools to make the switch to linebacker. And at 6'1", 274 lbs., Evans has the bulk to play SOLB in a Mangini 3-4.

Should be a guy to watch out for on the second day of the draft.

He did not do himself any favors by coming out early. He had a lousy year last year and never got untracked after Aaron Maybin stepped in and stole the spotlight.

I am telling you, if we can get Mauluga/Curry in the first, and Shon Greene in the 2nd, I would make a play for Derrick Williams......... I just dont think he is going to get past the 2nd round, though. I could be wrong.

Nice stress fracture for Crabtree

You know what..... if we had to trade down a few spots and he was there, I would take him. The kid has a motor that just does not quit. He is ridiculously fast coming off the edge and could make the transition to OLB with no problems. PSU used more of a hybrid 3-4 alignment, even though they refuse to admit it and still claim it as a 4-3. They basically had Gaines, Odrick and Ogbu as their three d-lineman, and used Maybin as the guy coming off the edge as would a 3-4 OLB.

I love the kid. Great character, great ethic, etc... he would be a tough one to pass over.

He did not do himself any favors by coming out early. He had a lousy year last year and never got untracked after Aaron Maybin stepped in and stole the spotlight.

I am telling you, if we can get Mauluga/Curry in the first, and Shon Greene in the 2nd, I would make a play for Derrick Williams......... I just dont think he is going to get past the 2nd round, though. I could be wrong.

Nice stress fracture for Crabtree

Derrick Williams could be a huge steal, I agree.

I think it is more due to his combine than the off-field stuff. He disappointed me this year. He was amazing his soph year and then went out and got in trouble, got benched and never got untracked. Then had to go and leave after his jr year which was just freaking stupidity on his behalf and now it is going to cost him a lot of money.

Good. He made his bed now let him lay in it.

Archived