THE BROWNS BOARD

Pull the trigger on Kevin White!

domcucch1994

Browns cannot take no chances of having him fall to 12. Trade up and get this kid! We have been on the receiving end of some questionable draft day trades the past couple of years (ex. Julio Jones, Sammy Watkins)

Its time we show some balls and get ourselves a bonafide playmaker! Even if we gave up a first next year and a second this year, We would still get White, have our other first we can get an OL or NT with, and our 3rd rounders and up.

I think a team would take our #12, our 2nd rounder, and a 1st next year to trade up for White.

The guy is like 6 foot 3, 215, ran a 4.35, and not to mention was an absolute stud last year at WV with 1447 yds and 10 Tds. We need a guy like that! I agree our QB situation is tricky. We have Johnny Rehab doing what he does best, Hoyer who is a journeyman but could be a stopgap, and a class of rookies who we are all sure might not be franchise guys. Bradford or Cutler can be a possibility, but I really liked Hoyer early on last year when the run game was working.

White is a guy they need to get, sign Cecil Shorts, tag Cameron for a year and see what hes got, and definitely go OL and DL depth in this draft with some LBs and DBs mixed in.

Cleveland can turn this ship around if they use a little common sense. Go out there and get your guy!

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i'd be very disappointed if they tried to make a dumb move like that.

pettine has already said he wants to finish the D. i would suspect that's where our #12 or #19 will go. do we take a WR? sure. but move up to get one at the price you suggest...........i really doubt it.

No, that would not be a win, win.

Explain how it wouldn't be a win-win?

We would still keep our other 1st rounder, and have our 3rd picks and above.

Big deal if we don't have a 1st next year. If we can snag a stud Wideout who can make a difference there shouldn't be any cause for complaints.

Or we can do the typical Browns drafting bs and keep trading down and missing on star players so we can draft inept prospects at the end of the 1st round into the other rounds.

The draft is about adding guys that even though they will be rookies, they will make an impact on the field. We have missed on so many players its ridiculous!!

Time to pull out our balls and use them! Enough of this mamby pamby drafting style. Get the guy whose gonna score TDs!

I watched every game Kevin White played last year. He is definitely a playmaker and I would be

pumped if he ends up being drafted by the Browns.

Having said that, getting him by offering our 12, 2nd round and next years 1st round?

No, no, and again no.

We have far too many holes that need filled to give up draft picks in order to move up.

Big deal if we don't have a 1st next year. If we can snag a stud Wideout who can make a difference there shouldn't be any cause for complaints.

Or we can do the typical Browns drafting bs and keep trading down and missing on star players so we can draft inept prospects at the end of the 1st round into the other rounds.

The draft is about adding guys that even though they will be rookies, they will make an impact on the field. We have missed on so many players its ridiculous!!

Time to pull out our balls and use them! Enough of this mamby pamby drafting style. Get the guy whose gonna score TDs!

What about our current coach and GM makes you believe that they would throw away a ton of picks for a WR?

Whilst losing our pick at 19 as well.

Heard the same shit with the Brady Quinn supporters in 07.

One trade down, we don't take Julio Jones... and if the FO isn't dumb to replace the picks given with shitty players, then we look like the golden goose. Jones is one awkward step away from being out a bulk of the season again. Also, I'd like to point out - how badass did Atlanta look with Roddy White and Julio?

The players we've 'missed' on are 99% of the ones we actually have taken, not traded around and didn't have the opportunity.

edit: I'd like you to go back the last 10 years and look at WR's taken in the top 15, and how many additional wins they helped their team increase by the following season. I bet you're going to be shocked with the lack of impact you find.

I'd prefer the guy whom consistently effects the opposing offense FROM scoring TD's. Much more sound plan.

Whilst losing our pick at 19 as well.

Heard the same shit with the Brady Quinn supporters in 07.

One trade down, we don't take Julio Jones... and if the FO isn't dumb to replace the picks given with shitty players, then we look like the golden goose. Jones is one awkward step away from being out a bulk of the season again. Also, I'd like to point out - how badass did Atlanta look with Roddy White and Julio?

The players we've 'missed' on are 99% of the ones we actually have taken, not traded around and didn't have the opportunity.

edit: I'd like you to go back the last 10 years and look at WR's taken in the top 15, and how many additional wins they helped their team increase by the following season. I bet you're going to be shocked with the lack of impact you find.

I'd prefer the guy whom consistently effects the opposing offense FROM scoring TD's. Much more sound plan.

I understand your logic and I agree to a certain point. i did stress in my inital post that DL, and OL depth is crucial in this years draft.

But we can't just stand by idly and miss out on another potentially great class of WRs like last year!!!

Odell Beckham Jr., Sammy Watkins, Mike Evans, Jordan Matthews, Kelvin Benjamin, etc. We missed out on all those guys! We can not afford to do the same this year.

Let me extend an olive branch, If White doesn't make it to 12. We should do 1 of 2 things

1) Take the next best available wideout. like Cooper or DeVante Parker.

2) Trade this pick for an already established veteran WR like Fitzgerald, DeAndre Hopkins, Antonio Brown, etc.

OR

We can overpay for a FA like Thomas or Bryant. But I'd doubt they'd come here willingly, unless the contract was ridiculously lucrative. And we sure as hell don't want that

I understand your logic and I agree to a certain point. i did stress in my inital post that DL, and OL depth is crucial in this years draft.

But we can't just stand by idly and miss out on another potentially great class of WRs like last year!!!

Odell Beckham Jr., Sammy Watkins, Mike Evans, Jordan Matthews, Kelvin Benjamin, etc. We missed out on all those guys! We can not afford to do the same this year.

Let me extend an olive branch, If White doesn't make it to 12. We should do 1 of 2 things

1) Take the next best available wideout. like Cooper or DeVante Parker.

2) Trade this pick for an already established veteran WR like Fitzgerald, DeAndre Hopkins, Antonio Brown, etc.

OR

We can overpay for a FA like Thomas or Bryant. But I'd doubt they'd come here willingly, unless the contract was ridiculously lucrative. And we sure as hell don't want that

No olive branch necessary, I have no qualms with you. You have an opinion, I may disagree- but I respect it.

Here are my issues with taking a WR that high.

1) As Farmer believes, a WR can only effect the game a small handful of plays. While that might be true, a primo WR can help dictate the coverage a defense must bring. As good as Cooper and White are, I don't see any of them being players that will make a defensive coordinator say, "Oh shit, roll the safety over top of him".

2) Of the great WR class that was last year, and make no mistake it might be an all-time class... nobody ever talks about how the overall win category of these teams doesn't seem to improve. Example:

13' giants 7-9

14' giants 6-10

13' Bucs 4-12

14' Bucs 2-14

13' Bills 6-10

14' Bills 9-7

13' Panthers 12-4

14' Panthers 7-8-1

Of those teams the only outlier were the Bills. Whom missed the playoffs, I might add. The Panthers scraped in by the grace of god and nothing less.

You can go back the last 10 years as I've mentioned and find this to be the trend. I know, I've been through this at least once with another poster. WR's are the trophy wife, the arm candy.

Doesn't mean shit if you don't have the badass car, the house, the money.. etc etc.

3) Devante Parker. No thank you. I've watched the kid play. In this draft, in regards to the first round, its Cooper, White then everybody else.

4) Not a chance in hell I'm trading a top 20 pick for Fitz. And I LOVE Fitz. The guy is a sure fire HOF. No. Age being the big reason.

5) Again, not a chance I'm trading for Hopkins nor would the Texans surrender him and you have a better chance of banging Jessica Alba than prying Brown away from the Steelers.

I'd prefer not to overpay for any FA WR. However I have no issue putting down money for a quality player that fits what our offense is trying to do. Again, you love the flash a WR can bring, I don't blame you. However the substance of a team has to be there in order for the flash to truly pay dividends. The Browns aren't there quite yet.

Let's not forget that, as we speak, even if we have an all-world WR getting open downfield

we don't have a QB on the roster who has demonstrated that he can consistently get the ball

to said WR. Does anyone else remember BH missing wide open guys and constantly underthrowing

receivers who were open deep?

That list right there shows why there's no need to move up to take a WR - all of those guys were big contributors for their team, and were taking at (something like) 4th, 7th, 12th, 25th, and Matthews somewhere on day 2? No need to lose multiple high picks to grab a WR in what you yourself have admitted is a deep draft.

How many playoff games did the teams that drafted those great wide receivers win last year??

Why?

Taylor Gabriel, Miles Austin, those guys arent going to burn many DBs and stretch the field like White can

Kevin White- 4.35

Taylor Gabriel - 4.4

Andrew Hawkins - 4.34

Travis Benjamin- 4.37

All three of those guys are equally as able to stretch the field and burn DB's, if that's all you're looking for.

White does seem to possess the entire package, though. I've been keen on him since December.

We package two firsts and a third to move up to #2 and take Mariota, who tears his hamstring in the National Championship game against Ohio State.

We take Kevin White, WR from WVU with our remaining first round pick.

Mariota opens as the starter, has a rocky rookie season, winning 7 games but posting solid franchise QB stats - over 60% completion, 2:1 TD to interception ratio, a handful of rushing touchdowns. White finishes the season in contention for OROY, as our main receiving threat and a game-changing talent. Mariota and White look oddly similar to 2008 Aaron Rodgers and Greg Jennings.

(The above scenario was contingent on somehow acquiring another first round pick.)

I just can't rationalize moving up to take a WR, of all positions, when we proved last season that our offense could be productive with Gabriel, Austin and Hawkins. If we're trading up, it would be for Mariota.

This trade idea would be dumb. Kevin White? Yeah, if he falls to twelve. If not,

the Browns would be far better off taking a top defensive talent.

Unless you have a dominant football team, and you only need a

dominant wr... you don't make that trade. sorry, it would be dumb.

I figure the second round is a good wr round - Agholor sp?, or Conley in the third or fourth..

It is offically silly season. "We have to trade up to get this guy" Just change the name of the player to fit the needs of the silly poster.

OK....If I could trade one of our #5 picks along with 12 to move up, ok. Anything more than that....LOL

Breshad Perriman is a intriguing junior that will probably be on our doorstep in round 2. He's 6-3 and 214 pounds. His father was an NFL WR (Brett Perriman). I didn't really know a lot about this kid until I heard Greg Cosell raving about him for most of the portion he talked WRs as a featured guest on Nashville radio. I found some reasons why I would bet on this horse in no particular order:

1) Good bloodline

2) Ideal size our red zone offense and perimeter lacks.

3) Productive in terms of yards per catch, TDs and yardage

4) Separates almost effortlessly

5) We don't have to use our 1st pick or even our 2nd pick to land this guy

Here's his stats:

SEASON REC YDS AVG LNG TD ATT YDS AVG LNG TD 2014 50 1044 20.9 61 9 1 0 0.0 0 0 2013 39 811 20.8 91 4 0 0 0.0 0 0 2012 26 388 14.9 45 3 0 0 0.0 0 0

Perrimen is currently valued in the Early 4th at highest. 2nd is a huge reach.

Depends on where you're looking tiamat. Here's a cut and paste projecting him higher than I just did:

The hype behind former UCF wide receiver Breshad Perriman is growing.

It started with Mel Kiper, Jr. projecting Perriman No. 15 overall in his latest mock draft. It continued Monday when NFL Network lead draft analyst Mike Mayock discussed the potential for the 6-foot-3, 215-pound wide receiver.

"I put the Perriman tape on about three weeks ago and I almost fell over," Mayock said in his pre-NFL Scouting Combine conference call Monday. "I had a bunch of people tell me he didn't have good hands, and boy, do I disagree with that, even though he's got more drops than he should. There's kind of a way to interpret that. A wide receiver who has too many drops should have bad hands, right?

"Well, I looked at his hands and say he makes acrobatic catches, he makes high-point catches, he makes contested catches, however, once in a while he drops an easy ball, but I think he's a natural hands catcher."

The Scouting Combine kicks off this week for Perriman and three other former Knights — Rannell Hall, Clayton Geathers and Jacoby Glenn — and will be aired throughout the week on the NFL Network. Perriman and Hall will do their on-field workouts, including their 40-yard dashes, on Saturday. Glenn and Geathers have their workouts Monday.

Perrimen is currently valued in the Early 4th at highest. 2nd is a huge reach.

Here's another case of someone seeing he can go higher than where I had us taking him so stay tuned...:

NFL Network analyst Mike Mayock believes Perriman is "special" and could be emerging as a first-round pick.

The buzz slowed somewhat during the NFL Scouting Combine this past weekend because a hamstring injury kept Perriman from participating. He will have another chance to check off that box, especially with his 40-yard dash time, at UCF's pro day.

Archived