THE BROWNS BOARD

Updated Logos Announced Today!

Zombo

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, here is what we learned today: We are going with a gayer orange and a gayer dawg. I was bracing for worse.

Zombo

The dawg doesn't bother me so much. I would prefer a new image rather than the 1980s Dawg image, but if they are going to keep it, the new dawg is no worse than the old dawg.

But the orange? Nyet. Instead of pumpkin orange they want to give us Faygo orange. (or maybe this is just one of their corporate tie in ploys)

LMAO!

Where IS everybody who actually "posted" all those "leaked" logos as fact? Yep, the folks who buy speculation & gossip as fact. HAHAHAHAHA!!! I almost hurt from laughing.

The biggest positive is that we have an Organization that obviously doesn't leak info to all those "sources".

Mike

Spot on Mike!

I could care less about the shade of orange or if Doggy looks the same......

The part I LOVE, is that this "dysfunctional" FO has kept it secret for a whole year now....EVERY leak, about EVERYTHING, has been bullshit so far....(except the Shanny whine fest, that is)(glad THAT leak got fixed)

Just imagine if Lombardi was still here......we would have seen this last november.....

I will admit, that I am slightly disappointed. Was expecting something a little more exciting, but in the end, they did do what the majority of you wanted, stick with tradition. Some of you couldn't be satisfied if you had a years supply of Snickers... swear to God some of you would complain about everyday blowjobs if you could. I'm more excited about seeing what happens to the uni's.

Spot on Mike!

I could care less about the shade of orange or if Doggy looks the same......

The part I LOVE, is that this "dysfunctional" FO has kept it secret for a whole year now....EVERY leak, about EVERYTHING, has been bullshit so far....(except the Shanny whine fest, that is)(glad THAT leak got fixed)

Just imagine if Lombardi was still here......we would have seen this last november.....

You're right. It would have made a beeline to NFL Network!

Mike

This brighter orange definitely reminds me of Bengal orange

I'm colour blind and can't see any difference in the shade of orange. Like the brown face mask though. However not to keen on the Dawg Pound logo. I would have preferred the return of the Elf!

Wait this "leak" must have been confirmed no?

- A brown facemask

- A "brighter" metallic orange

Does that look like the helmet in our logo?

No, no it doesn't.

Our helmet will be ... the helmet in our logo.

Z

DawgPound_Horizontal.png

Regarding the above. I agree with whoever said- my Chihuahua laughed so hard, he peed himself.

NFL_Football_Team_Banner_clipart_Cincinn

Shades of our southern neighbors not too intimidating "Bengal"

That's were I disagree with some traditionalists like you and Gipper.

I think sometimes you pick up a nickname or theme through an era and it sticks because it's cool.

I like the Dawgpound stuff. Many sports teams pick up a nickname through the years and it because part of the fiber of the franchise. Dawg stuff is cool with me. But never forget the elf.

Zombo

I've said before- talking with Hanford Dixon- one of his major regrets in life is not copyrighting "Dawg Pound" while he had the chance. :)

Since the Browns shit their pants on the logo redesign, I had a crack at it myself.

1506539_10101158415817702_16931144022098

I maintain that anyone with at least a tentative grasp on adobe illustrator could do better than what the Browns released this morning.

I would take this over the Nick. jr dog.

I like the brighter orange. More in line with what we worn in the 60's. The dawg logo works for me. Geared towards kids? Maybe since it is kids who really give a shit about a dog logo.

I see everyone was as dutifully underwhelmed by the new logo as I was. I mean really? Marketing should be ashamed of itself. COmplete goatfuck to brand management. They've given the rest of the league yet another reason to laugh at the organization, and they are. Go to the articles about our logo rollout and read the comments.

first off who cares what other people think about the browns?

yes, marketing of the browns has always been lacking, but who's going to order pallets of browns gear outside of ohio?

if not for the internet i'd still be wearing my moth-eaten dixon jersey.

yes the attempt to bring attention to such a miniscule change in a logo was another whiff by them. but to say it's yet another part of the 'dysfunction' of the organization is laughable.

some fans on here just gotta find something to complain about. if not for them i guess i'd have nothing to complain about. win-win!

i can hear stockton now "browns marketing are the piels of a stella artois league."

Archived