THE BROWNS BOARD

OSU Football with Shady SEC Tactics

MLD Woody

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So the runningback's coach will be completely irrelevant to the runningback.... uuhhh.... ok

No matter the school, I think it would be a dick move. Again, it isn't that the coach left, it is that they deliberately mislead him in an attempt to get him to sign. Coaches come and go all of the time, but if a coach is preaching honesty and trust, he should let a recruit know that he's going to be taking a new job.

Oh the outrage, lol, never heard a recruit say i commited to this college because of the positions coach.

Position coaches come and go from programs every year its not a big deal. Has a position coach never left michigan?

For a college grad you sure have no common sense.

Did Michigan extend his Gardners eligibility?

Why did they do so?

Why would they want to? He sucks

because he sucked less than the guy behind him. Also michigan hasn't done well the last 5 years of producing or recruiting someone competent enough to take the job from him. They knew this and m.r. him to buy some time.

But we've been told, over and over, that Hoke was a GREAT recruiter?

How bad must the ohter guys have been to not take the job from him?

wasn't surprised most qbs do, but given this years terrible qb class they had to have someone at the combine. He's projected at 13th best and to go undrafted.

I fixed it. He was NOT invited. 321 players were invited and he was NOT on the list

LMAO

Two of those players were listed as active participants in the title game. I am just questioning how they could be healthy enough to play then, but now a few weeks later (after signing 6 more guys than there was space for) those 2 aren't healthy enough to play football ever again.

Just read that Reeves had a concussion covering a kick off in the title game. That would make his 4th in the last 2 years? Rumor is that the training staff is telling him that his education is paid for but it might be best to step away from football.

Just read that Reeves had a concussion covering a kick off in the title game. That would make his 4th in the last 2 years? Rumor is that the training staff is telling him that his education is paid for but it might be best to step away from football.

If that is the case then I would imagine it is very justified.

I also was hearing from an OSU fan buddy of mine that Reeves may get to play in 2016. So maybe they didn't grant the hardship yet? I'm not sure.

... like normal, let me correct the incorrect information in the last few posts...

1) Recruits build relationships with coaches. A player spends a lot of time around their position coach. It would make sense the a recruit cares about who their position coach is. We as fans may not give a shit about the HB Coach, but the players that interact with him nearly every day would.

2) The issue isn't that the RB Coach left (missing the point like Tatgate). The issue is the "bait and switch". He led the recruit on that he would be there while knowing he would be leaving right after NSD. At there very least he knew it was a strong possibility. Mike Weber reacted like he had no idea, so it doesn't look like it was brought up. Again, this isn't something unique to OSU. Similar tactics occurred at UCLA and Texas.

3) "For a college grad you have no common sense". Damn near everyone is a college grad. That isn't much of a limiting factor.

4) Yes they extended Gardner's eligibility. Yes, they did it to help the team, but also help Gardner. But again, you are completely missing the point here. I believe this stems from you not knowing the difference between a medical hardship and a medical redshirt. You are pretty damn committed to trying to make a medical redshirt sound shady, but to anyone that knows anything about CFB, you really just sound like an idiot. I am not sure what else to say on this matter. What we did with Gardner wasn't shady, it helped the player, and it can't be abused like Medical Hardships can.

5) The one thing Hoke did very well is recruit. Those Recruiting Rankings you like to act are gospel, he did pretty well there. The only reason you've been told that multiple times, is to correct you. If you say truthful statements the first time, there will be no reason to correct you. Any QB we had though would not have succeeded in that situation. He had some good games, some great games, but the rest wasn't there to promote consistency.

6) Gardner was a 5 star dual threat QB. He came in as a very good player and played very well to start. Denard was the perfect QB for Rrod though and was busy carrying the team. Like I have told you before, Gardner was broken by us. Multiple coaches, schemes, positions, and getting the shit beat out of him. I feel bad for the guy and hope he gets a shot in the NFL.

7) Gardner is going into the NFL as a WR, not a QB. So, for as much as you seem to know about the guy, you don't even know what position he moved to. He wasn't invited to the combine as a WR, and it was generally regarded as one of the first guys to just not make it. I think it makes sense though, he is just now switching to WR, and there are plenty of guys at WR that have been there for years and deserve a shot. It would have been nice for him to show his ability though, to follow up a strong Sr Bowl. He'll have to make do with the Michigan Pro Day though.

Let the "REAL" world set in

wishagin is a school with a HORRIBLE football program

They can claim Hoke was a great recruiter, or that the coaches couldn't coach the players that were great recrutes

Now Harbaugh is there and he will be gone sooner then later

As soon as the NYG get rid of Tommy boy, Jimmy will be right there

4) Yes they extended Gardner's eligibility. Yes, they did it to help the team, but also help Gardner. But again, you are completely missing the point here. I believe this stems from you not knowing the difference between a medical hardship and a medical redshirt. You are pretty damn committed to trying to make a medical redshirt sound shady, but to anyone that knows anything about CFB, you really just sound like an idiot. I am not sure what else to say on this matter. What we did with Gardner wasn't shady, it helped the player, and it can't be abused like Medical Hardships can.

woody after Gardner, michigan recruited no qb worth a shit, gardner got M.R. because of the piss poor recruiting at that position plain and simple. Even now look who they have... I would call there stable of QB's dog shit but that would be a disservice to the K-9 community. They had no one to take his spot and still don't.

5) The one thing Hoke did very well is recruit. Those Recruiting Rankings you like to act are gospel, he did pretty well there. The only reason you've been told that multiple times, is to correct you. If you say truthful statements the first time, there will be no reason to correct you. Any QB we had though would not have succeeded in that situation. He had some good games, some great games, but the rest wasn't there to promote consistency.

​Yeah to bad he forgot the most important position to recruit.

6) Multiple coaches, schemes, positions, and getting the shit beat out of him. I feel bad for the guy and hope he gets a shot in the NFL.

I feel bad for the recruits that commit to a college and have constant turnover in the coaching ranks.

7) Gardner is going into the NFL as a WR, not a QB.

Yeah good luck with that!

4) I take it you didn't follow our recruiting at all? Of course you didn't, then you'd actually have an idea about what you're talking about. Harbaugh loaded up on QBs. As long as someone emerges from the group, we'll be fine.

Also, I never denied we medical redshirted Gardner. But again, this isn't shady. I could explain to you why that is different than medical hardship again, but I don't think it will take.

7) I'm just telling you what he's doing. No idea if it will work out. I imagine he'll make a team though.

Archived