THE BROWNS BOARD

"1% chance we re-sign Jordan Cameron"

BrownieMan

Julius Thomas FA first. 3 yr deal all he has left. Money a issue sure of it. Take a look at this kid Delaware Blue Hens TE Nick Boyle 6ft 6 271 lbs. 4.7 dash. Big, can block with good hands. Heath Miller ish

Cameron will be missed. Next to Ozzie "run out of bounds" Newsom , he the second best TE in Browns history!

Assuming you know what the hail you're talking about - it is clear YOU DO NOT - Ozzie Newsome is a HOF TE. Maybe not quite as good as Milt Morin was, but a TE in the days when TEs are getting their just dos.

For years, years, and years John Mackey was kept out of the HOF, simply due to his position.

Id rather have a tight end that can block and make great catches. One thst can line up in the backfield and play hback as well. Reece the fb for raiders played a similar role. Flip likes tbose kind of guys who can line up all over. Hence thats why we sign clay from miami. He'll be an upgrade over cameron.

Dray and Barnridge are backup quality. Cameron is worth whatever someone is going to pay him IF he stays healthy, having a big tight end with great hands that has enough speed to split the seams is a top notch weapon.

I don't think he will stay, I think he will get a big, incentive-laden contract elsewhere.

Zombo

Font. Wtf

Really... may have to "ignore" due to excessive volume.

There is a 1% chance that he will be offered the kind of money he wants since he cannot stay on the field.

Again, with 10 picks in the draft....a decent one could be had in the mid rounds. Nick O'Leary round 3?

(plus Barnidge and Dray weren't so bad, were they?)

No, they weren't. Dray was a very unrated FA acquisition.

Draft looks to have several functional TEs. No "stars", but several solid prospects. I'm going homer here, but I think Heuerman will be a steal if he last until the 5th as some project. But I think his stock will rise post Combine.

Julius Thomas FA first.

Thomas is going to be a splash signing somewhere... Why not us?

If he wants Gronk money- and being one more concussion away from being done- I say no.

That's why you guarantee the first year's worth of salary and then write in a clause which guarantees salaries on a year-by-year basis if he is on the field for a certain percentage of the team's offensive snaps for the season. That way he gets his big contract and the team doesn't have to eat up a 10M+ cap hit if the guy is forced to retire.

Archived