THE BROWNS BOARD

National Signing Day

WalterWhite

Oh yes Mr Troll.... you definitely know more about the team from the school I went to than I do, How dare I put up a second opinion.

Yes, you are a troll. I present facts. You type hate filled, troll, ramblings. You talk more about this "irrelevant" team than you do your own (and by "own", I mean the team you just happened to choose to like, and which you probably have no connection to)

Carry on troll. I'm done for now

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I present facts. You type hate filled, troll, ramblings.

What a typical faggot Liberal response.

You don't present "facts". You present your opinion and label anyone who disagrees with it "hate filled" racist, whatever phobic blah blah blah.

It's a douchey, childish, college campus mentality style of debate.

Woody I would bitch smack you and I guarantee you wouldn't fight back but instead sob to a police

Officer and demand I undergo sensitivity training for commiting a hate crime (beating up a gay)

Everyone here is tired of your childish blathering classroom talk. It's predictable and embarrassing.

Not everyone. Just you. Because you are. It's very obvious and most of the political board sees it. Idk what's wrong in your actual life, but spilling it over into here sucks.

You're a troll. That's a fact. You play some character (I hope). Continue to post dumbass posts. You really don't know what you're talking about.

DREW SHARP

Sharp: Mike Weber must share blame in his disappointment

By Drew Sharp, Detroit Free Press Columnist

1 day ago

Facebook

Twitter

Google Plus

more

Kirthmon F. Dozier, Detroit Free Press

Cass Tech's Mike Weber goes through drills during a practice in 2013.

Mike Weber isn't a victim. I doubt that anybody used him. I doubt that anybody conned him.

The star running back from Detroit Cass Tech and his family willingly participated in the nauseating scam that is the college football recruiting process. If they're actually stunned that Ohio State running backs coach Stan Drayton left for a NFL promotion with the Chicago Bears one day after Weber signed with the Buckeyes, can you imagine how they'll react when told that there's gambling in Las Vegas or that politicians might not actually tell you the truth to win your vote?

Naivety isn't a good look.

National Signing Day became National Singeing Day for Weber because he thinks he got burned.

But quite frankly, Weber, who tweeted Thursday that he's "hurt as hell," has only himself to blame if he feels betrayed. The national letter of intent he signed Wednesday committed him to an institution, not an individual. And assistant coaches, especially, always keep one eye on the present and the other eye on their future. Their careers usually involve multiple stops.

You're only a pawn if you choose to be a pawn. Weber didn't have to sign Wednesday. He didn't have to partake in the football cattle call that has become National Signing Day. He could've announced his decision and waited for a week or a month before signing the letter of intent and committing himself to that university for one academic year. If Weber is as good as the national rankings suggest -- a top-10 running back -- his suitors would've waited. More important, the athlete would exert more control over the procedure.

But that would conflict with the ego-driven sideshow that has become National Signing Day: high-profile players waiting for the appropriate 10-minute television window to make the moment all about them, engaging in whatever silly, self-serving stunt that comes to mind.

Weber sounds like a grounded young man. I'm sure the two-year recruiting courtship was pretty stressful for a teenager making perhaps the first adult decision in his young life. But for all the talk about selling relationships, what's actually sold in these players' living rooms during recruiting visits is the business of building a better football player.

That works to the advantage of the programs that consistently win and produce NFL draft picks -- and, as a result, consistently have other teams recruiting their assistant coaches.

It's not uncommon for college coaches to wait until immediately following National Signing Day before leaving for another opportunity. They don't care about making the recruits mad. They don't want to make their bosses -- or potential future bosses -- mad, potentially having that "abandonment" stuck to their resumes.

Why didn't Jim Harbaugh resign from the San Francisco 49ers with a few weeks remaining in the regular season, when it was obvious that the 49ers didn't want him back? If he already was destined for Michigan because the 49ers wouldn't release him to coach in the NFL next season, why couldn't he have bolted early to give him another month on the recruiting trail?

Harbaugh smartly didn't risk burning any NFL bridges, should he eventually opt to return to the professional ranks. So he "completed the process," if I could borrow some convoluted NFL logic.

Weber's disappointment is understandable. But I have a hard time believing that these recruits and their families don't understand the probability that the coach recruiting them to a certain program won't be around for the duration of the player's time there.

The system is flawed. But there's no need for a recruits' Bill of Rights, protecting athletes in circumstances in which they should be more responsible for protecting themselves.

Contact Drew Sharp: dsharp@freepress.com. Follow him on Twitter @drewsharp.

Do you understand how recruiting class rankings are formulated?

ESPN does and that's how they ranked them. I trust ESPN on this more then what you think about it

Lol @ woody. What an asswipe. He thinks because he went to michigan he can speak on authority about their failing football program. What an asshat. He has a "connection" to michigan, lol. Yet he probably never even set foot on their intramural flag football fields, afterall, not even a team of girls would want his little pussy ass to play for them.

There was a thread where he kept trying to bait me into telling him what school i went to so he could use the same queerish argument.

So the savior could only get 16 to sign?

He will be gone in 3 years or less.

Soon as a decent NFL teams calls, he's gone

So the savior could only get 16 to sign?

He will be gone in 3 years or less.

Soon as a decent NFL teams calls, he's gone

... he signed what we had room for.... like I've said... a bunch of times...

He could have gone to a dozen different NFL teams, but he came to Michigan. He may head back to the NFL some day, but it will be awhile. If he wanted to be in the NFL now, he still would be. Plenty of teams would have dropped who they had for the 5th highest win percentage NFL coach of all time...

He could have gone to a dozen different NFL teams, but he came to Michigan. He may head back to the NFL some day, but it will be awhile. If he wanted to be in the NFL now, he still would be. Plenty of teams would have dropped who they had for the 5th highest win percentage NFL coach of all time...

He has had 3 head coaching jobs and he stayed 3 years, 4 years, and 4 years.

This job will be 3 years and out, if not sooner. BOOK IT!!!!

Win percentage is fine and dandy but championships sway people more than win percentage ever could.

He has had 3 head coaching jobs and he stayed 3 years, 4 years, and 4 years.

This job will be 3 years and out, if not sooner. BOOK IT!!!!

Moved up. Moved up. And then left for his hometown school (his leaving of the 49ers was mainly forced by ownership, and not agreed on by the players and fans. And now the 49ers are making pretty terrible decisions trying to rehire a staff).

You can wish he'll be gone in 3 or less years if you like, but it isn't going to happen. I would just wish for Meyer's good health before anything else (and that he avoids the coeds).

Win percentage is fine and dandy but championships sway people more than win percentage ever could.

I would say 3 straight NFC championship appearances and 1 SB appearance is pretty good. Unless you're going to sit here and pretend like that sucks (to push the "Harbaugh sucks" angle). In which case, how many NFL coaches would "suck"? You really need to be a completely moron or just have your head in the sand to act like Harbaugh was a bad coach, at any level.

Same thing as before though. "Harbaugh sucks" "Even if he doesn't suck he'll just leave" blah blah blah. We did this all a month ago. It was laughable then and it is laughable now.

Moved up. Moved up. And then left for his hometown school (his leaving of the 49ers was mainly forced by ownership, and not agreed on by the players and fans. And now the 49ers are making pretty terrible decisions trying to rehire a staff).

You can wish he'll be gone in 3 or less years if you like, but it isn't going to happen. I would just wish for Meyer's good health before anything else (and that he avoids the coeds).

Moved up, moved up, and now took a huge step backwards.

Going from the NFL to an irrelevant college team, has got to hurt the ego.

He will have numerous chances to move up again, seeing as he's almost at the bottom now

I would say 3 straight NFC championship appearances and 1 SB appearance is pretty good. Unless you're going to sit here and pretend like that sucks (to push the "Harbaugh sucks" angle). In which case, how many NFL coaches would "suck"? You really need to be a completely moron or just have your head in the sand to act like Harbaugh was a bad coach, at any level.

Same thing as before though. "Harbaugh sucks" "Even if he doesn't suck he'll just leave" blah blah blah. We did this all a month ago. It was laughable then and it is laughable now.

He inherited that team you me and everyone knows that. He didn't win the championship and then they "mutually" parted which is a nice way of saying he was fired if he didn't quit. The team played fine so it boils down to him doesn't it?

Moved up, moved up, and now took a huge step backwards.

Going from the NFL to an irrelevant college team, has got to hurt the ego.

He will have numerous chances to move up again, seeing as he's almost at the bottom now

I get it. You're an OSU fan. Congrats.

Calling Michigan an "irrelevant team" makes you just look like a moron. It doesn't show how great of a fan you are or anything. It just makes you look stupid.

He inherited that team you me and everyone knows that. He didn't win the championship and then they "mutually" parted which is a nice way of saying he was fired if he didn't quit. The team played fine so it boils down to him doesn't it?

Oh god, I'm not looking to do this whole conversation again. If you honestly think Harbaugh is a bad coach, you're a lost cause. If you're honestly trying to cherry pick whatever you can to act like he isn't as good of a coach as he is, to make some piss poor attempt at discrediting Michigan's hire, then I'm done.

It isn't worth it to argue with a wall.

Oh god, I'm not looking to do this whole conversation again. If you honestly think Harbaugh is a bad coach, you're a lost cause. If you're honestly trying to cherry pick whatever you can to act like he isn't as good of a coach as he is, to make some piss poor attempt at discrediting Michigan's hire, then I'm done.

It isn't worth it to argue with a wall.

I have no problem saying harbutt is a good coach.

He is a good coach

But he is a quiter. He quits for a better job

And now he he is at the bottom of the college ranks

As soon as a good NFL job comes calling, he will bolt

The NYG are his next stop

According to you.

Moving up moving up is a good thing

Urban Meyer did that and the landed in Florida

He stayed there for 6 years. Harbut has never been anywhere for more then 4 years

And now Meyer is going into his 4th year at OSU.

He will be at OSU when harbutt quits at wishagan

According to you.

Moving up moving up is a good thing

Urban Meyer did that and the landed in Florida

He stayed there for 6 years. Harbut has never been anywhere for more then 4 years

And now Meyer is going into his 4th year at OSU.

He will be at OSU when harbutt quits at wishagan

Yes, moving up is a good thing. You called Harbaugh a quitter for only being places 4 years. The first two times he left somewhere he objectively moved up. This last time, whether you think so or not, he moved up again. He could have gone to over a dozen NFL teams if he wanted to, but went back to his home. Whether you agree or disagree it doesn't matter. Point is, he had plenty of other NFL options and came here. That's a step up in his eyes.

Quitting is getting a headache and leaving when your best player (and choir boy to distract from the criminals on your team) leaves and your team gets bad. There is no way you can call Harbaugh a "quitter" without making Urban one too.

Also, names like "Harbutt" and "Wishigan", while they may give all of your OSU buddies here chubbies, don't do anything to help your argument. Just letting you know. My argument is generally based around your ignorance of the coach and the situation, and comments like that help prove it.

So yes, continue to pretend Harbuagh is a "quitter" and a bad coach. Whatever makes you feel better I guess.

Archived