THE BROWNS BOARD

Rumor: Browns interested in trading up for Mariota

WalterWhite

Oh relax tcpo, I thought he was taking a shot at Johnny. Everybody hates him for partying. And who is white.

WSS

Those initials he labeled would indicate a comparison between Marcus Mariota and Jameis Winston.

And this moron has already pulled the race card once before by saying he was surprised Winston didn't rob a KFC.

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess I missed that. I was thinking he meant of those two which one would be most likely to party and cause problems off the field. I think that would probably be Winston? From what I've heard Marcus Mariota is a choir boy and a work a holic which everyone here seems to want. Quite a few anyway. The reason I took it as a slight to Johnny is that that's the reason everyone has hated him since before the draft.

I have seen reports that Jameis Winston has put on a fair amount of weight recently and that in itself could be a red flag. But like the innuendo about Johnny I have no idea if those reports are bullshit or not.

WSS

I have seen reports that Jameis Winston has put on a fair amount of weight recently and that in itself could be a red flag. But like the innuendo about Johnny I have no idea if those reports are bullshit or not.

WSS

Too much butter on the crab legs prolly. :P

Just what we need.. The Browns giving up the farm for a non AFC north type QB...LoL.. the stupidity of the Browns is baffleling to Me..

Those initials he labeled would indicate a comparison between Marcus Mariota and Jameis Winston.

And this moron has already pulled the race card once before by saying he was surprised Winston didn't rob a KFC.

Difference between hyperbole, and being a racist. Winston's off-field issues have been well documented. He gets more grief because he's way higher profile. Example: no one talks about Armonty Bryant getting busted for selling weed, and a DUI- because he's not a Heisman winning qb.

MHO is we've just seen the tip of the iceberg at FSU. Massive coverup by not only the university, but the Talahasse PD too.

Oh c'mon!

Why does robbing a KFC a racist remark? It's only racist because your guards are up and you are in full defense mode.

Let's be honest. You were wrong about Jonny last year when you told folks to brush aside his off field issues. Now you are telling us the same with Winston.. The fact is. He WAS CAUGHT STEALING.

Give us a focking break. You are the reason why this football team stinks. Dumb as fans that have no clue.

You are the reason why this football team stinks. Dumb as fans that have no clue.

Shut the fuck up you "I know more than you" white knight dope.

The reason this football team stinks is because of Lerner, Savage, Policy, Davis, Romeo, Mangini, Kokinis, Banner, Lombardi, Holmgren, Shurmer, etc and every other asshole that's walked though the doors in Berea.

The fans are the ONLY thing this team has. If you can see that, you're a total fucktard.

Oh c'mon!

Why does robbing a KFC a racist remark? It's only racist because your guards are up and you are in full defense mode.

Let's be honest. You were wrong about Jonny last year when you told folks to brush aside his off field issues. Now you are telling us the same with Winston.. The fact is. He WAS CAUGHT STEALING.

Give us a focking break. You are the reason why this football team stinks. Dumb as fans that have no clue.

I also said that after he was drafted, because we were stuck with him.

I was high on Blake Bortles since September 2013. If you're going to try and flame, get your facts straight.

• 6 months later...

Even IF that strategy is correct - and I don't think it is: Washington is fucked for 5 years because they did exactly what you promote -

MARIOTA SUCKS.

The unproven assertion within every post on this thread is that Mariota is some kind of Brady, Luck, or Wilson - and frankly he is not. Mariota wouldn't beat Manziel in a battle this offseason. He simply is not accurate.

But keep ignoring reality because your agenda is "Fuck everything, throw the entire draft away to own a replacement-level QB!"

That is RISKY. And the only way it's worthwhile is twofold: One, does the reward match the actual risk.. and two, is the % chance that the reward will pay off greater than 50%?

Frankly, the chance that Mariota is a savior is 5% AT BEST.

The risk is that the D departures mean the D sucks even more in 2015 than 2014, the QB depth chart includes 2 guys who would lose to Billy Volek, the OL still has to start Turnstile Schwartz, we still have no WR, and we have only blocking TE's.

That's the future if the Browns employ your strategy. And the ONLY defense of that move is the unproven assertion that Mariota equals savior. You have ZERO PROOF that will actually materialize... just bizarre platitudes about "taking a shot."

How many super bowls did Ricky Williams win the Saints? How did that Herschel Walker trade work out for Minnesota? How's RG3 doing?

Show the number of times the Steelers have mortgaged their future for one player.

Show the number of times the Ravens have mortgaged their future for one player.

Why do you think the consistently great teams DO NOT do this?

Ouch! Dude has thrown more TD passes in half a game than Manziel's career.

Goes to show why we always get it wrong with the QB position.

TCPO, when did the evolution of your Mariota view happen and what exactly caused it? Great points on this thread.

When I actually started watching his film, rather than just letting ESPN dictate my opinion.

He wasn't a home run prospect by any means, but he reminded me of Aaron Rodgers which, by proxy, means he also reminded me of Kyle Boller.

This thread is based on the assumption that the titans WOULD HAVE traded him.

Until someone shows me proof that the Titans were actually open to trading the pick, this thread is entirely a waste of time.

Go ahead and read this thread again. Goes to show someone like you shouldn't be trusted to evaluate QBs.

Ouch! Dude has thrown more TD passes in half a game than Manziel's career.

Goes to show why we always get it wrong with the QB position.

Cleveland isn't Tampa Bay Dorothy.

This alleged trade proposal you love in hindsight doesn't make up for you wanting us to trade everything for RG3. You're not the type that owns your baggage so we won't see you again until you're celebrating the next Cleveland loss. Yesterday must have been just as difficult for you as watching Colt McCoy outplay your football messiah in Washington last year.

This alleged trade proposal you love in hindsight doesn't make up for you wanting us to trade everything for RG3.

Damn... that'll leave a mark...

Archived