THE BROWNS BOARD

"Browns won't target a WR in the first round"

BrownieMan

There's a strong group of WR's in FA this year.....

It is turning out that way.

2015 is also looking strong for OTs and DTs. There could be five of each take in the 1st round

Just for the record the Browns have an all pro number one receiver. The team plays better when he is suspended. Another great reason not to cut him!

;)

WSS

Why cut him? If we keep him like you say, he will never see the field because he cannot stop making bad decisions. He doesn't even own up to them, he has excuses. Until then he is the most worthless all-pro receiver in the league. Better to just be rid of him.

I was of course kidding about our first two pics but hey if you could get Adam Vinatieri, Sebastian Janikowski or Ray Guy, I'd be happy to spend a 4. or 5.

WSS

I agree. Teams that need a kicker usually start drafting them in round 4. I'd even go as high as 3 if to get the right guy. Once you get one it's not like you are going to need to draft another for maybe 15-20 years.

The QB makes the WR good, not the other way around.

How good were Demaryius Thomas' seasons before Peyton?

How good is Jennings after he left Rodgers?

We need a good QB. We do not need WR.

Ding ding ding. Superbowl was a bunch of nobody wr corps. Just need wr who don't have stone hands.

The QB makes the WR good, not the other way around.

How good were Demaryius Thomas' seasons before Peyton?

How good is Jennings after he left Rodgers?

We need a good QB. We do not need WR.

No no no, on good teams with good QBs, the QB makes the WR good.

But on bad teams with bad QB's, the WR makes the QB good.

Case and point, Josh Gordon when he played with Brandon Weeden and Jason Campbell

No no no, on good teams with good QBs, the QB makes the WR good.

But on bad teams with bad QB's, the WR makes the QB good.

Case and point, Josh Gordon when he played with Brandon Weeden and Jason Campbell

The flaw in your argument is that those qbs didn't win dick. Gordon got a lot of garbage time stats but those qbs rarely looked good.

The flaw in your argument is that those qbs didn't win dick. Gordon got a lot of garbage time stats but those qbs rarely looked good.

I think his main argument is that it's not one way or the other.

Put a guy talented enough at any position, he'll overcome the talent deficit at his complementary position.

For the "QB makes a WR good" theory, though...a lot of it can be attributed to the fact that a good QB both distributes the ball well and recognizes both when and where open receivers are or will be. The best WR is an open one.

There are few instances of a franchise QB just hitting a single WR over and over and over for the duration of either of their careers. There are instances, sure, namely Jerry Rice and Montana/Young. But, generally speaking, I think you'll see a more even pass distribution with truly upper echelon franchise QB's (Manning, Brady, Rodgers) than their counterparts.

It's one of those chicken and the egg scenarios. Does a great receiver command more targets because he's great or do quarterbacks target him more because everyone else sucks?

I think his main argument is that it's not one way or the other.

Put a guy talented enough at any position, he'll overcome the talent deficit at his complementary position.

For the "QB makes a WR good" theory, though...a lot of it can be attributed to the fact that a good QB both distributes the ball well and recognizes both when and where open receivers are or will be. The best WR is an open one.

There are few instances of a franchise QB just hitting a single WR over and over and over for the duration of either of their careers. There are instances, sure, namely Jerry Rice and Montana/Young. But, generally speaking, I think you'll see a more even pass distribution with truly upper echelon franchise QB's (Manning, Brady, Rodgers) than their counterparts.

It's one of those chicken and the egg scenarios. Does a great receiver command more targets because he's great or do quarterbacks target him more because everyone else sucks?

Totally agree. I missed his point.

Oh for sure, I mean shit the Seahawks and Patriots both have amazing WR1's right? Also I mean hell, its not like losing an OL guy like Mack made a change in the offensive performance right?

The Patriots also have two undrafted players on their offensive line.

Archived