THE BROWNS BOARD

Open Letter *from* Josh Gordon

gftChris

No I clearly ... CLEARLY ... In all Caps yet, said I am stating this as OPINION. If you missed this you are not going to get anything at all. The only thing left is for me to make little drawings, and I don't have time for that, I just need a smarter audience (I'm referring to you).

Back up, Chachi, I am fully aware that it is a "loose" stat ... which is why I never used it without it's obvious companion "production" stats: Receptions, yards and TDs.

The "targets" were there only as a compliment so some assmunch like yourself wouldn't pull it out to counter my production stats.

So you can go ahead and read it like this: "Beckham, Evans and Benjamin all caught more passes, for more yards and more TDs than Watkins. in addition, Benjamin and Evans caught a much higher percentage of passes targeted toward them. But take that last stat with a grain of salt because there are a lot of outside influences on that stat that the WR can't control." Feel better? (sorry, I thought everybody knew that but you are no mensa candidate are you?)

Feel free to take targets away, but it doesn't help Watkins any ... he was still less productive than theses three receivers drafted after him in every single way.

Zombo

Thank you for proving me right and dodging my questions. I bet you were really good at dodgeball. Everything you just said is moot, because it doesn't matter what they did, what the guys i posted did, the only question you were supposed to answer was "if we are winning this draft" and if you truly felt we did, to show reasons, and back them up with real evidence/proof. You must not have gone to college, because you clearly do not know how to write an opinion because you are forgetting all your reasons.I assume you cannot form coherent sentences which means you don't have a clue.

I will help you. When writing an opinion, you open with your "opening/Thesis Statement (many other names), then you give us an overview of what you believe, and use the body to speak on the individual points SUPPORTING your thesis, and then you follow it up with a conclusion re-affirming what you said earlier, and providing any other basis for your thoughts.

Now I understand you have trouble understanding clearly, and it can be difficult when it comes to answering single answers. but all I wanted this whole time, and have asked you several times was for you to explain your overview of why you believe we are winning the draft, and SUPPORT those reasons. All you have done is said " we are winning and you are wrong QQ" and tossed some insults. Are you devoid of intelligence? Are you unable to accurately support your position? You can be a douche all you want, seriously, you are so far, but you HAVEN'T PROVIDED ANYTHING TO SUPPORT YOU other then a 1 sentence opinion.

I am just going to assume you cannot formulate your thoughts, and are unable to provide anything to support yourself meaning you don't know. Thank you for your time, and have a wonderful day. I am sure we will cross paths again, me far above, and you riding the short bus just yelling at the top of your lungs " YOUR WRONG BECAUSE I SAID SO"!!!

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No I clearly ... CLEARLY ... In all Caps yet, said I am stating this as OPINION. If you missed this you are not going to get anything at all. The only thing left is for me to make little drawings, and I don't have time for that, I just need a smarter audience (I'm referring to you).

Just so you know, saying we won the trade means you are not stating an opinion, you are claiming it as a fact. Just like I am claiming it as fact that we have currently lost it. Do you understand what a fact is? Might want to Google fact. I can if you wish.

Thank you for proving me right and dodging my questions. I bet you were really good at dodgeball. Everything you just said is moot, because it doesn't matter what they did, what the guys i posted did, the only question you were supposed to answer was "if we are winning this draft". I assume you cannot form coherent sentences which means you don't have a clue. Thank you Zombo, i love winning, now hopefully the Browns will follow.

That's a bitch statement ^

And what I am supposed to answer ... "if we are winning this draft" ... what's that mean? Did we win last year's draft? Are we winning this year's draft? Do you actually win drafts?

I thought the question was "Are we winning the Watkins trade" ... which again, is a very subjective and not totally measurable thing, especially after one year.

But i did answer that. I answered "Yes". How did you miss that? How are you missing my opinions when I am clearly stating them, calling them opinions and even putting it in capital letters.

Is there something wrong with you?

Zombo

Just so you know, saying we won the trade means you are not stating an opinion, you are claiming it as a fact. Just like I am claiming it as fact that we have currently lost it. Do you understand what a fact is? Might want to Google fact. I can if you wish.

Ohhh ... just as i feared. I am arguing with a Retard.

So when I say that, in my opinion, we are winning the trade ... I am claiming that as a fact.

Gotcha.

You are 12, aren't you?

Zombo

That's a bitch statement ^

Funny how you know that. Says something to me.

And what I am supposed to answer ... "if we are winning this draft" ... what's that mean? Did we win last year's draft? Are we winning this year's draft? Do you actually win drafts?

If you don't believe you win, a draft then why are you arguing? You absolutely win a draft, it's no different that playing BlackJack or the Lottery. It's so much like the lottery that they actually named the NBA first 14 picks the "lottery". Can you win a lottery? Yep.

I thought the question was "Are we winning the Watkins trade" ... which again, is a very subjective and not totally measurable thing, especially after one year.

Again why do you say that? There is what 5 people on this thread claiming we won. You in your own words say we cannot judge, but in the very next breadth say we won the trade. I can copy and paste this where you said it if you wish. I have said several times that we are CURRENTLY losing this trade. I know we cannot say for 100% certain how this trade will turn out, but anyone who thinks we are winning is just lying to themselves. It is ABSOLUTELY measurable after 1 year. We know how Gilbert played, and we know how Watkins played. They have measurable stats and rankings. We ABSOLUTELY can measure this after 1 year. I never said that we hang our hat on that 1 year, but you did.

But i did answer that. I answered "Yes". How did you miss that? How are you missing my opinions when I am clearly stating them, calling them opinions and even putting it in capital letters.

You did state that this is your opinion, but you also say I am wrong. How can you say I am wrong? If you are saying you are right, it's not an opinion it's fact. Opinions are what is believed, not always what is. There is always differing opinions, but once someone proves what they said like I did, it's no longer opinion. You keep saying I am wrong, but refuse to back it up without anything remotely supporting it. You just keep saying " We won the trade" That is not an opinion, you are stating it as fact. I cannot make it any laymens more then that. Do you understand how a sentence is constructed?

Is there something wrong with you?

Zombo

Ohhh ... just as i feared. I am arguing with a Retard.

So when I say that, in my opinion, we are winning the trade ... I am claiming that as a fact.

Gotcha.

You are 12, aren't you?

Zombo

LOL you really are stupid. Last time I will try to explain English to you. When you say something like " you are wrong, we won the trade" that may be your opinion, but you are stating it as fact. All i have ever asked for is your reasoning for saying I am wrong, and why you believe what you are saying. it's not my fault you cannot understand that. I fully said that I stated my opinion as fact, but I also backed it up with stats, and beliefs, and just plain common sense. You haven't done any of that, yet continue to tell me I am wrong.

I cannot be wrong until you show me I am wrong. Otherwise, you must at least consider my opinion because you cannot de-bunk what I said, nor can you provide anything to support what you say.

I don't know why I am even continuing. You dodge questions because you cannot answer them, You toss insults because you cannot control your emotions and you are getting upset. Intelligent people love debating, because they understand they always have more to learn. Only immature emotionally people, and those lacking intelligence resort to name calling, insults. I am here to learn, and to educate. I am sorry you cannot keep up. I will find someone more knowledgeable to talk with.

Zombo, stop trying.

The kid thinks what he wants to think. Can't stop him from it, even if it is wrong.

Ya when, he interprets "This is my opinion, you are free to have yours" as "you are wrong and I am stating that as a fact" ... that's just immaturity. No challenge there, time to move on.

Kid's probably a pimply faced teenager.

Zombo

Why are you still trying Zombo? I have accepted that this argument is over. I cannot change your mind, and you refuse to look at what i said, and provided for proof. Your like a child who just won't let it end. I told you 2 posts ago that I was good with this debate with you. You clearly were not interested, and just want to toss insults. That ends the debate. You have spoke your side, which didn't consist of football, and consisted of insults. So why can't you let it be?

You talk about how I am a child, but you are the one with the immaturity of emotions. I didn't have to resort to insults like you. I understand, and tried to end this but yet you continue. If it makes you feel better about yourself, you can keep going I don't mind. I have said my peace. I am sure we will cross on other topics, as that usually happens when people know more or less than other on topics. I am sure when they come, I will speak respectfully as I have been, and you will not, as you have been.

I am good, but my guess is you won't drop it. Lets see if I am right again?

no...cdbacker...you are being an ass alright. I'll just put you on "ignore",

because your bitching is worthless, and it seems all you want to do is

online whine.

I called you "cd" because I've heard your real log on was "classless dildo", but

I thought that was very inappropriate, regardless of your gender, if you even have one....

no...cdbacker...you are being an ass alright. I'll just put you on "ignore",

because your bitching is worthless, and it seems all you want to do is

online whine.

I called you "cd" because I've heard your real log on was "classless dildo", but

I thought that was very inappropriate, regardless of your gender, if you even have one....

Please put me on ignore, I don't like whiny bitches either. At least I won't have to listen to cry anymore.

I haven't bee paying much attention to this thread because the whole issue about Josh Gordon's letter and his suspension kinda bores me.

But I see that Z has gotten into a snit with a newbie......so perhaps at some point I may try to arbitrate.....or advocate.

No need, I let it go a while ago. But if you must, just aim for the target on my back. I don't mind=)

Why are you still trying Zombo? I have accepted that this argument is over. I cannot change your mind, and you refuse to look at what i said, and provided for proof. Your like a child who just won't let it end. I told you 2 posts ago that I was good with this debate with you. You clearly were not interested, and just want to toss insults. That ends the debate. You have spoke your side, which didn't consist of football, and consisted of insults. So why can't you let it be?

You talk about how I am a child, but you are the one with the immaturity of emotions. I didn't have to resort to insults like you. I understand, and tried to end this but yet you continue. If it makes you feel better about yourself, you can keep going I don't mind. I have said my peace. I am sure we will cross on other topics, as that usually happens when people know more or less than other on topics. I am sure when they come, I will speak respectfully as I have been, and you will not, as you have been.

I am good, but my guess is you won't drop it. Lets see if I am right again?

Underneath what you term as "speaking respectfully" is a clear sense of grandiose superiority. There are plenty of intelligent people that curse to make a point and it doesn't make them less intelligent. You state that as a fact when in reality it is simply your opinion. When you ask a question like "why can't you let it be" but still continue posting I would encourage you to look in the mirror. More often than not IN MY OPINION underneath the air of superiority in guys like you lie a very insecure person.

Underneath what you term as "speaking respectfully" is a clear sense of grandiose superiority. There are plenty of intelligent people that curse to make a point and it doesn't make them less intelligent. You state that as a fact when in reality it is simply your opinion. When you ask a question like "why can't you let it be" but still continue posting I would encourage you to look in the mirror. More often than not IN MY OPINION underneath the air of superiority in guys like you lie a very insecure person.

I continue posting because people keep responding. I cannot help it if you feel i am acting superior, that isn't my fault. This is a forum with words, if you feel that written words are insulting what do you want me to do about it? I am not tossing insults like others. When someone resorts to name calling, and insults, that is absolutely the sign of a lack of intelligence, and immaturity. People who resort to that sort of style of communication do so because they get angry, and are unable to control their emotions, or they get frustrated and lash out. Both of those are clear signs of low intelligence, and immaturity. If you look at my posts, I didn't start the insults, I responded. I also only stated one opinion, and one fact. They just happen to currently be the same thing.

The only fact I stated was that we are CURRENTLY losing the trade. That's it. Zombo and others would have you believe that I tried pointing out so and so was better or worse etc. That never entered into my arguement other then clear year 1 stats and rankings. I based everything I said off of last year. It isn't my fault Zombo and others want to pretend last year didn't happen. It isn't my fault they disagree with a myriad of "experts". They do have the right to their opinion, but when you state an opinion defending a position that someone else is absolutely wrong like they did, it's no longer an opinion. They are purveying that as fact.

The difference for me is i clearly state my beliefs as fact, and man up, and own it. They state their beliefs as fact, then continually say they called it an opinion. How can an opinion PROVE someone else wrong? That goes against the fundamental definition of an opinion. So for them to say, "cbbacker you are wrong, and an idiot and this is why..." That isn't an opinion, it's being stated as a fact to show someone being wrong. Which is exactly what they are doing. In my effort to show why i believe my OPINION to be fact, i showed stats, and other know facts about the players for year 1. When I asked Zombo to support his stance, he used 1 subjective stat that on it's own is worthless. Then when I clearly said that in the last 11 years only 3 players have arguably beat Watkins, he took that as I am saying he is a superstar. I never said that. I compared his rookie year to other players year to show what track he "COULD" be on. It's not my fault Zombo and others do not comprehend what I am saying. I have been trying in vain to word it so they could understand where I was coming from.

However they decided to start tossing insults instead of backing up their positions. That clearly shows a lack of intelligence. It's not hard to back up your beliefs. Do some research, realize that it is possible you are wrong. I accept the fact that I could be wrong, but they have to show me why. The burden to disprove my belief is on them, not me. Just like it's on me to disprove them, which I tried with facts, beliefs, and other "experts beliefs".

What else do you want me to do? I choose not to get into a whiny verbal spat. I am here to talk football, if i am wrong, SHOW ME!. Don't sit there and keep saying " it was my opinion, but then use that opinion to claim I am wrong". Opinions are not fact, and he cannot tell me I am wrong until he can show me I am wrong. However I can tell him he is wrong because I at least ATTEMPT to show my side unlike him. Even after I showed him, he can still believe what he wants, but he still cannot say I am wrong.

I continue posting because people keep responding. I cannot help it if you feel i am acting superior, that isn't my fault. This is a forum with words, if you feel that written words are insulting what do you want me to do about it? I am not tossing insults like others. When someone resorts to name calling, and insults, that is absolutely the sign of a lack of intelligence, and immaturity. People who resort to that sort of style of communication do so because they get angry, and are unable to control their emotions, or they get frustrated and lash out. Both of those are clear signs of low intelligence, and immaturity. If you look at my posts, I didn't start the insults, I responded. I also only stated one opinion, and one fact. They just happen to currently be the same thing.

The only fact I stated was that we are CURRENTLY losing the trade. That's it. Zombo and others would have you believe that I tried pointing out so and so was better or worse etc. That never entered into my arguement other then clear year 1 stats and rankings. I based everything I said off of last year. It isn't my fault Zombo and others want to pretend last year didn't happen. It isn't my fault they disagree with a myriad of "experts". They do have the right to their opinion, but when you state an opinion defending a position that someone else is absolutely wrong like they did, it's no longer an opinion. They are purveying that as fact.

The difference for me is i clearly state my beliefs as fact, and man up, and own it. They state their beliefs as fact, then continually say they called it an opinion. How can an opinion PROVE someone else wrong? That goes against the fundamental definition of an opinion. So for them to say, "cbbacker you are wrong, and an idiot and this is why..." That isn't an opinion, it's being stated as a fact to show someone being wrong. Which is exactly what they are doing. In my effort to show why i believe my OPINION to be fact, i showed stats, and other know facts about the players for year 1. When I asked Zombo to support his stance, he used 1 subjective stat that on it's own is worthless. Then when I clearly said that in the last 11 years only 3 players have arguably beat Watkins, he took that as I am saying he is a superstar. I never said that. I compared his rookie year to other players year to show what track he "COULD" be on. It's not my fault Zombo and others do not comprehend what I am saying. I have been trying in vain to word it so they could understand where I was coming from.

However they decided to start tossing insults instead of backing up their positions. That clearly shows a lack of intelligence. It's not hard to back up your beliefs. Do some research, realize that it is possible you are wrong. I accept the fact that I could be wrong, but they have to show me why. The burden to disprove my belief is on them, not me. Just like it's on me to disprove them, which I tried with facts, beliefs, and other "experts beliefs".

What else do you want me to do? I choose not to get into a whiny verbal spat. I am here to talk football, if i am wrong, SHOW ME!. Don't sit there and keep saying " it was my opinion, but then use that opinion to claim I am wrong". Opinions are not fact, and he cannot tell me I am wrong until he can show me I am wrong. However I can tell him he is wrong because I at least ATTEMPT to show my side unlike him. Even after I showed him, he can still believe what he wants, but he still cannot say I am wrong.

Who in their right mind would take the time to type this essay to defend theirselves? This whole sources thing you ramble on about is hilarious. I have sources who say you pussy hurts and you're a douche. I suppose it must be true. Another reputable nameless source says you are either a lawyer or a woman. Either way I am sure someone looks forward to reading your response. This time maybe you should title tue novella.

Archived