THE BROWNS BOARD

Open Letter *from* Josh Gordon

gftChris

I think what we're seeing with a lot of these young dudes is that party now while you're "somebody" mentality. While your name still gets you in the door at places people wanna be. I think that's the biggest thing going on here. Manziel's got it too. Football is a way for them to be famous, they're not "football players"...just guys that play the sport cause they showed aptitude for it. The workmen are the guys who truly loved the sport and didn't care about being famous for anything else...football wasn't a stepping stone for them. Somebody got to Lewis's ear after that murder he was involved with and after that you never saw that dude anywhere but on a football field. I'm sure he did party but he did it discreetly. Gordon and Manziel just aren't like that. I'll give Gronk credit cause he's an utter buffoon off season but during....dude is all business.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah we should definitely throw a little pity party for every millionaire who fucks up and blames it on their childhood. Sorry if sob stories mean exactly jack shit to me. I grew up rough too and it didn't stop me from living a productive life.

It's a lot more than what you make it out to be. I commend you on succeeding despite your rough upbringing. Really, I do.

But you can not judge the man when 1) ostracizing him on the details do no one any good and 2) most facts are simply opinions. Just because someone denies being a drug addict, it doesn't mean he is. He apologized for being a fuck up. Quite frankly I find his story humanizing and compelling. You're not in any position to call someone a drug addict when he clearly stated he hasn't touched a spliff since coming into this league.

Pretend you believe him for just a second. Put yourself in his shoes: You're a marked man coming into the league (and let's suppose he's telling the truth). He rarely drinks, and one of the few instances he shows a moment of weakness, he gets called in for testing. Those that do not know him chime in and manipulate the details to fit their agenda or biases, not-knowing (or knowing) the extent of their actions. Someone who happened to drive when drunk-that-one-time and a substance abuser are two very different things. It's an insult to those who battle actual drug addiction.

If anything, he's an idiot, not a drug addict.

Kicked out of one school for failing multiple drug tests. Suspended from playing at second school for failing drug tests. Came into the NFL's drug program out of college, suspended two games for failing drug tests. Then, suspended an entire season for failing.... Survey says... Drug tests.

He was fortunate enough to be a beneficial on the timing of a new CBA otherwise it would have been a full year. Probation - no drugs, no alcohol. Period.

Now this. So tell me, friend-o, for failing drug tests continuously throughout school and now at the professional level threatening his livelyhood, how the fuck is that not addictive behavior!!??

As heartfelt a letter it was... In the end he "still made the wrong choice" Knowing he could get tested at anytime.. I stlll think Cris Carter got it right.. JG gives himself enablers.. And did so again with letter.. That was obviously penned by her agent and attorney.. Too late Josh.. But you blew it.. and now it's time to own up...

It's a lot more than what you make it out to be. I commend you on succeeding despite your rough upbringing. Really, I do.

But you can not judge the man when 1) ostracizing him on the details do no one any good and 2) most facts are simply opinions. Just because someone denies being a drug addict, it doesn't mean he is. He apologized for being a fuck up. Quite frankly I find his story humanizing and compelling. You're not in any position to call someone a drug addict when he clearly stated he hasn't touched a spliff since coming into this league.

Pretend you believe him for just a second. Put yourself in his shoes: You're a marked man coming into the league (and let's suppose he's telling the truth). He rarely drinks, and one of the few instances he shows a moment of weakness, he gets called in for testing. Those that do not know him chime in and manipulate the details to fit their agenda or biases, not-knowing (or knowing) the extent of their actions. Someone who happened to drive when drunk-that-one-time and a substance abuser are two very different things. It's an insult to those who battle actual drug addiction.

That is precisely what I said earlier. I don't think he is a drug addict. I just think he is a moron. You can beat addiction. Unfortunately, we can't cure his low IQ.

Here's an open response from me, to Josh Gordon....

C'mon man!!!

You have had so many off-the-field issues and you knew what would happen if you messed up again! This sense of entitlement you have is sad. I dont care if you havent smoked a J since 2012, you put yourself in a situation in which you were around people that did! You took that risk instead of avoiding those situations. And im all for pot, alcohol, etc. But if YOU sign the contract, YOU understand their policy. They are your employer; You must adhere to their rules and regulations like everyone else! This last incident, on top of your missed mandatory practice, DWI, and TWO failed tests, it just seems like you want out of Cleveland or you just dont care about playing as much as you should. You have unbelievable talent, yet you let it go to waste because you hang with the wrong crowd and make questionable choices.

I hope the best for you Josh, but Cleveland does not need you if you are going to be suspended every season...

I personally believe Josh Gordon. I think that you "holier-than-thou" fucks out their, you bitter fucking cock-suckers, should shut the fuck up and suck that cock for a while and just let the kid play football. It's rather ridiculous that the NFL feels the need to control this kid and ride him the way that they do. It's really fucking gay.

I personally believe Josh Gordon. I think that you "holier-than-thou" fucks out their, you bitter fucking cock-suckers, should shut the fuck up and suck that cock for a while and just let the kid play football. It's rather ridiculous that the NFL feels the need to control this kid and ride him the way that they do. It's really fucking gay.

The NFL doesnt need to control this kid.

HE needs to control HIMSELF! A couple of failed drug tests, missing a mandatory practice, and an ill-timed DWI is not helping this cocksucker at all. I want him to play. but I don't think he really wants to play. Because if he did, HIS DUMBASS WOULDN'T HAVE SUSPENDED THE LAST COUPLE OF SEASONS!!!

He knows the rules and he broke them! Plan and simple!

Release this punk now and save ourselves the embarassment!

(But knowing the Browns, they'd release him and we would go to like New England and turn his career around)

Only problem is... The kid isn't playing football. He's suspended.

And I could give a shit less what the NFL wants. Josh knowingly signed up for this and must abide by the rules. I'm suck of the apologist attitude.

... Bitch.

Only problem is... The kid isn't playing football. He's suspended.

And I could give a shit less what the NFL wants. Josh knowingly signed up for this and must abide by the rules. I'm suck of the apologist attitude.

... Bitch.

Waaa waaa waaa. Fucking cry about it. You do suck..

Live your life. You only live once. If you live the way people TELL you to live your life, you're living their life, and I feel sorry for you.

...thinking about all this Josh Gordon stuff got me to thinking about Ricky Williams. If Josh didn't care he'd be Ricky Williams. He's fucking trying, please remove your death-grip from his reproductive organ.

Live your life. You only live once. If you live the way people TELL you to live your life, you're living their life, and I feel sorry for you.

He can live however the fuck he wants at home unemployed. The rest of society can't live some hippie free spirit fantasy on someone else's dime.

Oh and you sound like a dumb shit little kid. You keep reaching for the stars, Corky.

I'm sure he didn't write it, but it certainly hits home on people pre-judging him and the obstacles he has faced/caused.

And explains the suspensions.

He sure passed a lot of tests.

How does someone not let him know that the testing continues after the regular season? Browns? Agent? Mgr? Maybe he needs to get married, his wife would know every detail of any suspension, and every dollar.

Zombo

Did the season end with week 17, or the SB?

Definitely ghost written.i hate to sound harsh but his "life story" is a match with 100 other NFL guys who don't keep "making mistakes". At this point sad to say if he is truly not an addict or set medicating an underlying medical condition he is a pure dumbass. I personally believe he is firmly in denial but that's just my opinion. I can tell you that when first confronted with friends calling out my addiction I answered with very similar sentiments as Josh. I SINCERELY believed I wasn't an addict for years. I of course was wrong. Thank god I finally figured out it was not my past, not my friends, not my bad conscious decisions, not a few mistakes but a debilitating disease. But hey that's my story perhaps his is different.

Hard to say.

That was an interesting read. The one red flag I saw was when JG said he tested positive for pot from second hand smoke. That is not impossible but it is unlikely.

Totally possible, as Tour said- the former threshold for pot was essentially trace levels. And- if Gordon wasn't lying- I'll damn guarantee you his alcohol level after 4 hours would have been at the pass level for DUI- easy.

...thinking about all this Josh Gordon stuff got me to thinking about Ricky Williams. If Josh didn't care he'd be Ricky Williams. He's fucking trying, please remove your death-grip from his reproductive organ.

As soon as you remove yours from Trent Richardson.

OK- the sob story has softened my stance somewhat. It sure looks like the NFL had a spy on him- and was targeting him- knowing exactly when to test him- at a most vulnerable moment. You just accidentally knew he was on a charter flight to Vegas? Really? It's on the same level why police cant hang around bars at 2 AM and randomly pull cars over- it's called "entrapment".

OTOH, though I don't know you Josh- and you've owned up to your mistakes- just how many do you think the NFL in general, and the Browns in particular are going to let you make? Quote "The Farmer" - Talk is cheap.

Maybe, possibly, assuming you're back to selling cars for a year- the Brown will now retain your rights- it costs them nothing to do so. But I wouldn't count on it.

Let me get this straight. You (JG) have millions of dollars and a very forgiving fan base on the line and yet you don't know by now the rules you have agreed to play by concerning any and all substances?

OK. I buy that. Got any land in Florida to sell me too? or the Brooklyn bridge maybe?

Please.

i love the assholes coming out to support gordon while he has consistently fucked their 'supposed' fave football team.

weed? really? who cares? not me. but the people that sign his big money checks do and they said if you keep doing whatever the fuck you're doing we're not going to sign those checks anymore. so he basically said fuck you. and as PoG has said in his always 'right on topic' bullshit everybody leave him alone.

i'll leave him alone. now get the fuck off the brown's roster and go have yourself a great time. and then in six months when your possee drains your bank account and manziel is nowhere to be found you're sitting on a porch with justin blackmon sippin that grape drank and puffin on weed............looking around at who you can rob to get some more drank.

fucking loser.

well maybe he still has that car salesman deal?

Well, do what Browns fans and the team historically does, cut him...

Fans like you can say fuck him, fuck Cameron if he wants more money, fuck everybody....

I guarantee Gordon will recover, he will go to another team, become an all pro, and probably have a shot at a championship.

And the Browns will still be in the basement.

Sometimes, you have to ride out the storm.

hey george, i'm one of the few here that think you make valid points......except this time you're wrong.

ride a 3 year storm out? try that in buffalo and see where that gets you.

you'll either quit or get fired.

I don't know if NFL teams have counselors on staff but if they don't to me it seems it would be a good investment. Just as much as the weight room is the mental and psychological part of football players. Many have some deep seated problems and backgrounds. I would think with a club spending millions of dollars on these players investing in the psychological need of the players makes sense. I know counseling is not a cure all but it does help in a lot of cases.

It wouldn't have hurt in Gordon's case for some counseling in some of the areas he talks about in his letter.

Everyone forgets that these guys are just kids, and a product of their environment. It doesn't change overnight.

That's where the vet leadership should be helping, instead, they are feeding this guy alcohol on a plane to Vegas, knowing full well it violates his "parole".

So Gordon, if this story is true, isn't the only one responsible for his suspension.

Good point. I like the idea of veteran players stepping up and mentoring the younger ones as much as anything.

Archived