THE BROWNS BOARD

I'll bet on it...

mole644

Barring a trade down, its either Curry or Jenkins at 5, I guarantee it. Anyone care to place a friendly wager? :ph34r: I know its not that bold of a statement, but its my gut.

I truly think Pioli has to address that defense and will draft Curry. It would almost be criminal for the Chiefs to overlook a defense that was terrible against the pass and run.

I don't think the Browns or anyone will draft a corner that high. Especially with the amount of NFL quality corners in this draft. Even a guy like Asher Allen, who I really like, will go somewhere in the mid 3rd round.

I'd have to take you up on that bet...But the bet would be better placed after the combines

I truly think Pioli has to address that defense and will draft Curry. It would almost be criminal for the Chiefs to overlook a defense that was terrible against the pass and run.

I don't think the Browns or anyone will draft a corner that high. Especially with the amount of NFL quality corners in this draft. Even a guy like Asher Allen, who I really like, will go somewhere in the mid 3rd round.

I'd have to take you up on that bet...But the bet would be better placed after the combines

Don't be surprised if the Chiefs don't draft B.J. Raji to anchor the defensive line or shock everyone by drafting Michael Crabtree who some people feel is the best player in the draft with there new offensive minded coach thinking Crabtree can have the same effect that Larry Fitzgerald had in Arizona with the Cardinals.

The more I think about it I feel the Browns best move would be to trade down and get additional picks even if Curry is available at #5, would you rather have a pass rushing outside LB and a 3rd round pick or stay at 5 and take Curry if he is available at 5. Also how much of a difference will Curry make to our LB's than say Rey Rey or Cushing or English and allow us to pickup a late 2nd or 3rd round pick.

Think the Lions would be interested in our #5 along with Anderson for there 1st round pick #20 and there 2nd round pick.

The Lions would have there QB and a #1 and #5, or the Lions could trade that #5 pick to get the 2nd back they trade to us and we come away with the 20th selection in the 1st round and 1st selection in the 2nd round along with our own 2nd round pick, this allows us the get a LB, RB and C or a inside LB, outside LB and S or RB in the 2nd round.

Don't be surprised if the Chiefs don't draft B.J. Raji to anchor the defensive line or shock everyone by drafting Michael Crabtree who some people feel is the best player in the draft with there new offensive minded coach thinking Crabtree can have the same effect that Larry Fitzgerald had in Arizona with the Cardinals.

The more I think about it I feel the Browns best move would be to trade down and get additional picks even if Curry is available at #5, would you rather have a pass rushing outside LB and a 3rd round pick or stay at 5 and take Curry if he is available at 5. Also how much of a difference will Curry make to our LB's than say Rey Rey or Cushing or English and allow us to pickup a late 2nd or 3rd round pick.

Think the Lions would be interested in our #5 along with Anderson for there 1st round pick #20 and there 2nd round pick.

The Lions would have there QB and a #1 and #5, or the Lions could trade that #5 pick to get the 2nd back they trade to us and we come away with the 20th selection in the 1st round and 1st selection in the 2nd round along with our own 2nd round pick, this allows us the get a LB, RB and C or a inside LB, outside LB and S or RB in the 2nd round.

I follow your thinking and agree with a trade down, but no team could afford the #1 pick and the #5 pick. That is extreme money. Beside the Lions have more holes then we do, they wouldn't put everything in two picks. They should be looking to trade down.

I think Philly could be a good trade partner because they have two 2 first round picks and want a stretch the field impact receiver. I could see them trading if Crabtree was still there. I also think San Fran really wants Sanchez and if he has a super pro day they would be a nice trade partner because we would only have to drop to #10 pick. They would be afraid that Minn, TB, Jets or Bears would trade in front of them and take Sanchez. I could also see a few teams that want that LT to anchor their line. So, there are some chances to trade down, but I still don't think KC will take Curry.

KC will be converting to a 3-4 and RAC believes that NT and pass rushing OLB are the two prime pieces and they don't have either. They have LBs the can convert to ILB. I could see them trying to trade down also.

Guest Aloysius
KC will be converting to a 3-4 and RAC believes that NT and pass rushing OLB are the two prime pieces and they don't have either. They have LBs the can convert to ILB. I could see them trying to trade down also.

The only ILB they have is Derrick Johnson, a guy who doesn't shed blocks well and is a free agent after next season. Donnie Edwards is too old and expensive ($5M base salary), Demorrio Williams is too small, and Pat Thomas is a free agent.

They desperately need help at all the linebacker spots, not just OLB.

Im bettin if curry is off the board at #5 we go for rey muauluga either at 5 or by trade down..we really need a bunch of pieces on both sides of the ball so crabtree could be an option at 5 as well if he is still there..

Im betting we dont take jenkins at 5 for sure though..;)

Two top 5's is pretty hard to absorb, but the Lions have to make a splash after last season to generate some excitement.

More likely is they might give us two thirds(I think they own two 3rd rounders)

Swartz is a big believer in lines....I doubt they take a QB with the first pick. Shoot, they might take curry with the 1st pick....but more likely a lineman....maybe o-line to help shore up what they have planned with us.

Giving up their 3rd round for Anderson sounds like a good deal for everybody....we get a couple more picks and they get a good young qb, so it's not like they leave the round without a player.

All of this of course depends on if the Lions really want Anderson, but that is where I would be calling. I would be proposing what i just said. If they balked and it looked like it was going to bog down, I would then propose DA and our 4th rounder for both of Detroits 3rd rounders.

That is probably a bit more realistic, but hey....you first try.;)

Barring a trade down, its either Curry or Jenkins at 5, I guarantee it. Anyone care to place a friendly wager? :ph34r: I know its not that bold of a statement, but its my gut.

just so you know, when you bet on something, you usually take a stand on one thing. betting that the browns will draft curry or jenkins is like saying that the browns will draft somebody in at least one round in draft. take a stand and make one definitive decision. i for one am putting my money on the browns trading their pick, not either trading their pick or drafting someone 5th overall. pick a side

just so you know, when you bet on something, you usually take a stand on one thing. betting that the browns will draft curry or jenkins is like saying that the browns will draft somebody in at least one round in draft. take a stand and make one definitive decision. i for one am putting my money on the browns trading their pick, not either trading their pick or drafting someone 5th overall. pick a side

Fair enough, I will put my money on the Browns NOT trading the pick. Just don't see it happening.

technically they would only be "drafting" a bunch of rooks, not guaranteeing "getting" anything.

call me nuts but i think DA and our #5 are both undervalued in that trade.

i'd do it for Winslow though. ;)

First...my draft board is shaping up a LOT different than all the draft experts:

1. Detroit: Eugene Monroe, LT - they need a QB, but Stafford is a JR...and underclassman are not known for success, besides, you gotta protect the new QB

2. St.Louis: Jason Smith, LT (or Andre Smith) - With the weapons they have...a solid LT will go a long way to righting this offense

3. K.C.: B.J. Raji, NT - The key piece...and most difficult to find...in a 3-4 is a dominant NT. You just don't pass on that. Curry may be looked at, but a guy like Raji doesn't come along that often

4. Seattle: Michael Crabtree, WR - He is the highest rated player on the board and in a position of need.

So, at #5 there will be both QB's, Curry, two LT (Oher/the other Smith), and a CB (Jenkins).

There would be any number of teams interested in moving up to get the QB's at #4...and Curry could be good trade bait there as well. The OT's...if one is considered to be THE GUY...could get some attention here as well.

Archived