THE BROWNS BOARD

Understanding the Combine

Guest Aloysius

Guest Aloysius

And here's some interesting info:

- Devin Moore of Wyoming held a private workout this afternoon in front of fourteen teams in Indianapolis. Moore, a surprise non-invite to this weeks combine, looked impressive measuring in at 5-feet, 9-inches and 191 pounds.

He completed 27 reps on the bench, posted a vertical jump of 35-inches and a broad jump of 10-feet. Moore ran two forty's and was clocked between 4.38 seconds to 4.45 seconds. His 3-cone time hovered between 6.96-to-7.01 seconds while his short shuttle averaged about 4.06 seconds.

Coaches from the New York Giants ran the workout and from all accounts Moore looked spectacular in his pass catching drills. Afterwards the New York Giants and Tennessee Titans put Moore through a few individual drills, though all 14 teams stayed on hand to watch the workout to its' conclusion.

- Sources have told us Utah defensive end/outside linebacker Paul Kruger will tip the scales at 260-pounds and has been running in the low 4.6-second range recently.

- Also, expanding on our Everette Brown interview from the other day, sources who are familiar with his training said Brown could run in the low 4.5 second area when he takes the field at Lucas Oil Stadium.

In the LB part, he talks about his favorite drill where they have to drop back to play the pass and show how fluid their hips are. Said it's the most important drill for a 4-3 DE who is transitioning to a 3-4 OLB in the NFL. Now we know what drill to pay particular attention to when we watch the OLB prospects.

Great stuff Aloy! Thanks! Mayock is a REALLY awesome guide through the combines.

FYI, McShay was on ESPN radio today driving from Cincy to Indy. He said the Combines will really get interesting on Saturday. Friday is for the punters, kickers and long snappers. I was relieved to hear that because most of us will be working on Friday and socializing on Friday night.

- Tom F.

thats cool how they time the 40 at intervals... I actually diddnt know that. I wonder what Chris Johnsons Intrervals were, compared to Bush, Ginn (even though he wasnt at the combine), and Hester... I wonder if they were all put on a track at the same time who would win

Archived