THE BROWNS BOARD

2015 - FA / Draft / Notes

JAFBF

Sure. For a season, maybe 2 if you're lucky.

After that? You've traded two potential long term starters for a soon-to-be retired hired gun with a huge cap hit.

No. Thank. You.

Browns have money and don't have to worry about the gauranteed (Saints still on the hook for signing Bonus) portion of his Salary.

Browns need a fan/image upgrade - how far into the Playoffs do you think Brees could take us with a second year/improved Defense?

I'm talking about points allowed here.

Potentially two #1's+ next year . . . hmmmm, what QB's are really worth taking a run at next year?

Let that simmer for a bit . . .

Think these factors might have a FA willingness to come here ?

Positive National spotlight impact ?

Start looking looking longer term and wider scope . . . still costly, but let it simmer a bit.

Still all rumor and speculation, but there are things brewing out there that we have no idea about

Foles/Bradford trade . . . how many folks saw that coming?

Yeah . . .

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Trent Richardson.

Might sign him to a 1 year deal just for the hell of it . . . maybe this new scheme and Coaching could do something with him.

Drew Brees.

Yeah, I've mentioned this one before, but it seems there may be even a bit more traction.

Saints are in Cap Hell, and both they and their Fans acknowledge they aren't going anywhere soon.

Rumor floating around of Brees to Browns for #12 & #19 . . . he'll be 36 for this Season.

Right now, due to the Graham trade, the Saints have two #1's this year.

With this trade, they would have four #1's . . . imagine what someone could do this year with four #1's . . . would you do that trade ?

TR back? Why not... He has decent hands so might actually make it as our third down back.

Brees? He's like the super-Hoyer. Undersized, great play-action, but at 36 he's simply too short term... If he's worth our two #1 picks, then let the Saints just bundle him with the two 1sts they already have and go get their new QB.

Just wanted to say Funchess ran a much better 40 time at the pro day. Normally guys post better times, but official NFL team scouts had him sub 4.50, posted time was 4.48. Maybe not 100% accurate, but clearly better than the combine.

Just FYI.

I'm still not sure our staff can best utilize his skill set anyway

Just wanted to say Funchess ran a much better 40 time at the pro day. Normally guys post better times, but official NFL team scouts had him sub 4.50, posted time was 4.48. Maybe not 100% accurate, but clearly better than the combine.

Just FYI.

I'm still not sure our staff can best utilize his skill set anyway

Who asked?

Who asked?

No one did. No one asked for most of the info in here. But we're a team looking for a WR and TE, and this is a top prospect that has experience with both. His 40 time at the pro day is significant because of his time at the combine.

No one did. No one asked for most of the info in here. But we're a team looking for a WR and TE, and this is a top prospect that has experience with both. His 40 time at the pro day is significant because of his time at the combine.

You though, are obsessed about one guy....and the fact may be that he will be a Jack of All Trades a Master of None. In other words, he may be no good at either TE or WR.

Kind of fun watching the league actively trying to get better, well most of them any way.

Building in the Draft, it's our specialty. After the first round of course. Example= Bitonio and West That's it, that's all I got. Ignore Farmer's real Talent Like FA's Kruger, Whitner, Hawkins, Dray, Dansby, Gipson and K. Williams. Just read the other day, Just 2 of our 2ND Round picks in the last 9 Years remain on our Roster. God I Hope our new scout team that Farmer has put in his name can Draft. Sorry this does not help but at least were still 40million over the Cap. Can You Play QB??

Can You Play QB??

Probably not much worse than the guys currently sitting in the QB room. B) But at least I would have McCown there to groom me..............

You though, are obsessed about one guy....and the fact may be that he will be a Jack of All Trades a Master of None. In other words, he may be no good at either TE or WR.

Uuuuhhh... I'm not obsessed at all. I apologize for posting anything about a Michigan player. I know many here have an irrational hatred / ignorance regarding that team. Would it be better if I just post about Devin Smith, Bosa, Cardale?

We are a team in need of a TE and WR. Funchess has played both of things. I follow Michigan football. I am relaying the info to provide more insight on a draft prospect. That is the point of this thread.

Hey, woody....looks like my Smith Funchess prediction is coming to fruition......Smith has risen(just as predicted) and Funchess has fallen(as predicted again)...I know things can change, but it's going that way........

And speaking of homers liking their guys(im guilty too).....I just read the Browns sent a contingent down to the Ohio State pro day today......and it was mostly offensive coaches.....including Dflip and the WR & TE coaches......(there's one deep threat possibility right there)...

Steelers and Bungles were there too.....(Marvin Lewis was there, so who's he watching?)

Deep threat WR and an underrated TE...

Anybody looking forward to next years free agency ?

LMAO...

FWIW, I was wondering...

So why not take a chance here. Nothing to lose. He played very well for the Seahawks last year but no so great this year with far less D talent around him. We have the rest of the talent and could use an extra run stopper. Red Bryant DT released by the Jags.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000478449/article/jacksonville-jaguars-release-red-bryant

Not sure what Jake's deal is... very disappointing.

So why not take a chance here. Nothing to lose. He played very well for the Seahawks last year but no so great this year with far less D talent around him. We have the rest of the talent and could use an extra run stopper. Red Bryant DT released by the Jags.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000478449/article/jacksonville-jaguars-release-red-bryant

Doesn't sound like what we need...

"The former Seahawks lineman wasn't strong against the run last season..."

Lurking on the back burning.....due to the lack of a big dollar signing is our lil silver lining.......

Farmers decision not to blow big bucks on average talent will pay off in several ways, but the best one is....

The value of Sheard/Cameron/Skrine's contracts will garner us several nice compensatory picks next year......(yeppers)....

Could be as high as 3rd, 4th & 5th rounders....unfortunately, we wont know till next year, but the estimates coming out are based upon past years..

Hey, woody....looks like my Smith Funchess prediction is coming to fruition......Smith has risen(just as predicted) and Funchess has fallen(as predicted again)...I know things can change, but it's going that way........

And speaking of homers liking their guys(im guilty too).....I just read the Browns sent a contingent down to the Ohio State pro day today......and it was mostly offensive coaches.....including Dflip and the WR & TE coaches......(there's one deep threat possibility right there)...

Steelers and Bungles were there too.....(Marvin Lewis was there, so who's he watching?)

You can say one is rising and one is falling because of the combine if you like, but we'll have to wait and see.

More than likely, as I said before, it will come down to which team decides they want a WR, and what type of WR they want. If the Ravens decide they want a WR, then they'll probably have Smith higher. If the Pats want a WR(/TE hybrid), then they'll probably have Funchess higher.

The main thing killing Funchess' draft prospects, was his 40 time. With his vastly improved time at Michigan's Pro Day, we'll have to see how teams react. I think like 28 teams were in attendance? Something like that.

With Gordon out and Cameron gone, I think he could potentially be a very good pickup for us because of his versatility. But, it would all be dependent on a coach that can effectively utilize him. Broncos, Pats, Saints would all be able to do this. Idk about the Browns though. The only way we probably even think of taking him is if he is there in the 2nd though I think. If we want a #1, using our 12th pick on a more proven top WR prospect is a better choice.

talking about taking a chance.......if the price is right ( ie-cheap)......Id pick up Jake Long and rotate him right........

Long has had some knee problems over the past few years, most notably tearing his ACL last year. He had a HOF level start to his career, but has suffered greatly from these injuries. I think, if everything checks out in a physical, he could be a steal and a very good RT. The only issue though is his current health and his health going forward.

Bills were there...

Ohio.com reporting that Browns had a Breakfast Meeting with one Ali Marpet on Friday AM. Which more than likely they feed the Kid before watching his Pro Day. Um Um Good :D. That should seal the deal Food...

Archived