THE BROWNS BOARD

2015 - FA / Draft / Notes

JAFBF

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They would be insane to let Rivers go......but Im a huge fan and think he's one of the more under rated of all the elites......

"if" he's available.....I say sell the farm!

I would say the same, but he only has one year left on his contract... I would have to know he'd sign an extension, which he probably wouldn't...

Just made myself watch some Greyson tape... vs. San Jose St. and Utah.

Not only did I see no evidence that he reads Ds, I saw no evidence that he sees DBs. Other things not in evidence were mobility and judicious use of "touch".

Just made myself watch some Greyson tape... vs. San Jose St. and Utah.

Not only did I see no evidence that he reads Ds, I saw no evidence that he sees DBs. Other things not in evidence were mobility and judicious use of "touch".

Good news with the Utah film, his oline did him no favors but Orchard was very active in that game. I really like Nate.

I would say the same, but he only has one year left on his contract... I would have to know he'd sign an extension, which he probably wouldn't...

Agreed....I didn't check his comntract status, but definitely wouldn't sell the farm without a favorable(long term) deal in place...

The Randy Starks signing should be good for depth at least - and he could be a good starter in place of the now-terrible FA signing of Bryant.

Taylor/Shelton/Starks as starters should hold up better against the run. Hughes/Kitchen/Winn/Bryant as backup/ST.

Does Jermaine Gresham have a problem I'm not aware of? He was a first-round pick that hasn't done much.. should be a 2y/$8M deal, right?

What I wouldn't mind seeing -

Sign Gresham and Jake Long at severely reduced contracts. Bring in Mason Foster or Rolando McClain to compete for an ILB spot.

What will actually happen -

Nothing.

We filled holes with solid veteran talent. We'll likely receive three compensatory picks. We're done here.

What I wouldn't mind seeing -

Sign Gresham and Jake Long at severely reduced contracts. Bring in Mason Foster or Rolando McClain to compete for an ILB spot.

What will actually happen -

Nothing.

We filled holes with solid veteran talent. We'll likely receive three compensatory picks. We're done here.

As noted elsewhere, Gresham undergoing back surgery. Long has finished 4 seasons in a row in IR.

Health concerns will cause most to shy away.

As noted elsewhere, Gresham undergoing back surgery. Long has finished 4 seasons in a row in IR.

Health concerns will cause most to shy away.

Exactly, they are at their lowest value. Perfectly healthy, they'd be signed to large contracts and wouldn't be availble.

Take a risk on one or two of these guys for bottom dollar contracts and hope they return to their form. A relatively healthy Jake Long is a much better RT than a perfectly healthy Mitchell Schwartz.

Exactly, they are at their lowest value. Perfectly healthy, they'd be signed to large contracts and wouldn't be availble.

Take a risk on one or two of these guys for bottom dollar contracts and hope they return to their form. A relatively healthy Jake Long is a much better RT than a perfectly healthy Mitchell Schwartz.

Is that so? Based on.... what?

Schwartz was in the top half of RT all year long - he's by no means "garbage."

It would require a significant investment to achieve measurably better results than what he did last year.

Farmer may make that investment in the 1st round - that's the only way we don't start Schwartz next year.

• 2 weeks later...

Some Clown was floating a rumor last week that we were signing Rivers . . . actually worked it for a while and even gave terms :huh:

Yeah, didn't bother with that one.

The more I watch of Mariota and Mannion... the less I like what I see.

I just do not like even the low chance rumors hanging around out there that we may still make a play for Mariota (I've made several comments on him and his WR's).

Sure, it was OSU's Defense he was going against, but if they can change his game the NFL is going to be a shocker.

Haven't watched Mannion, though he's one of four we should be looking into.

The Randy Starks signing should be good for depth at least - and he could be a good starter in place of the now-terrible FA signing of Bryant.

Taylor/Shelton/Starks as starters should hold up better against the run. Hughes/Kitchen/Winn/Bryant as backup/ST.

Does Jermaine Gresham have a problem I'm not aware of? He was a first-round pick that hasn't done much.. should be a 2y/$8M deal, right?

Huh?

I like both Bryants, think they're pretty decent actually.

Way too many injuries last year, hurt damn near everyone of the front seven . . . outside of Kruger, we need to get him some support on the other side.

Schwartz was in the top half of RT all year long - he's by no means "garbage."

It would require a significant investment to achieve measurably better results than what he did last year.

Farmer may make that investment in the 1st round - that's the only way we don't start Schwartz next year.

Schwartz, in comparison to the rest of our OL wasn't stellar . . . compared to the rest of the NFL he was pretty good - gotta be a weak(er) link somewhere :)

Some talk that we'll grab an OL at 19(?)

Might be the wrong slot (on my part), but there's a kid out there (don't remember name right off) that is very good and has versatility in the ability to play multiple OL positions well.

I need to dig up his name, but this is the OL we're probably looking at.

There's also talk that we may move down from 19 - don't know that I'd have a major problem with this depending on the deal.

Farmer ruling :

Went as it should have, but I think we're going to feel a little bit more impact than most people are thinking.

Maybe fooling myself, but I think we get a better 1st Round this year . . . of course I still think we'll recoup some from last year's 1st, so let's see.

You're probably trying to think of Cam Erving FSU. Played LT before moving to Center last season and by all reports he flourished there.

Finally found some game tape on him inside...

http://draftbreakdown.com/video/cameron-erving-vs-miami-2014/

Looks powerful, and quick on his feet. btw, sure seems valid - the thing about Winston

and not being accurate so often, especially on the move....

OK-I have one for the Browns in the 2018 draft. This is what a 5***** DT does in getting ready to play his freshman year at Texas A&M. Just push a 3-ton Chevy suburban a half mile. Not too bad in weight lifting either. Quickest NT off the ball I have seen since Jerry Ball out of SMU many years ago. "As for "normal" workout plans, Mack has recently hit some personal bests on the bench press and squat. The Gladewater product maxed out on the bench, repping 385-pounds, six times. He also squatted 605-pounds, ten times."

http://collegesportsblog.dallasnews.com/2015/03/texas-am-signee-daylon-mack-pushes-chevy-suburban-down-highway-feeder-road.html/

OK-I have one for the Browns in the 2018 draft. This is what a 5***** DT does in getting ready to play his freshman year at Texas A&M. Just push a 3-ton Chevy suburban a half mile. Not too bad in weight lifting either. Quickest NT off the ball I have seen since Jerry Ball out of SMU many years ago. "As for "normal" workout plans, Mack has recently hit some personal bests on the bench press and squat. The Gladewater product maxed out on the bench, repping 385-pounds, six times. He also squatted 605-pounds, ten times."

http://collegesportsblog.dallasnews.com/2015/03/texas-am-signee-daylon-mack-pushes-chevy-suburban-down-highway-feeder-road.html/

Oh, we're all getting in on the Cardale fun?

Jabrill Peppers in 2 years. Safety/Nickel

:D

OL Cam Erving another great talent going to fall in between our pick 12 and 19. Maybe be there at 12 but D needs out way Cam. At 19 Cam would be a steal. IMO, Would only consider moving up for L. Williams or D.Shelton..

You're probably trying to think of Cam Erving FSU. Played LT before moving to Center last season and by all reports he flourished there.

Finally found some game tape on him inside...

http://draftbreakdown.com/video/cameron-erving-vs-miami-2014/

Yeah, that's the guy.

Most Mocks I've seen so far have him late 1st to mid 2nd.

NFL rates him as the 56th BPA, so it may be possible to get him.

Saw that when it came out. No way it's an actual workout. On the side of the road? And is it even THAT hard to push a car in neutral?

The Browns won't move up for an OT.

There are several options, the same is true for wrs.

The only way they trade up, is to nab Shelton.

I watched an interview of him, and some film.

Outstanding character, humble, LOVES the GAME,

and a powerhouse. He fits the Browns, bigtime.

So, if he's there at 12, and the Browns never traded up,

I bet they nab Shelton, or Canton Mike will jump up

on the table we are at, and chug about 6 beers, and

he'll dance an Irish jig !

(no way I'm doing that, ...eh...I got a bad knee...)

I wish I only had a bad knee...

And Ag's kiss-of-death is placed upon yet another A&M prospect...

Archived