THE BROWNS BOARD

DA STILL DOMINATES THIS BOARD

gmp

You have to commit to a QB and I think the Browns have committed to Quinn.

Doesn't sound that way:

INDIANAPOLIS -- General manager George Kokinis said Friday that the Cleveland Browns are in no hurry to get rid of Derek Anderson and were willing to let Anderson battle Brady Quinn for the starting quarterback job.

and

Mangini said he has completed his video review of both quarterbacks, covering both the 2007 and '08 seasons, but has reached no conclusion about the future of the position.

"With both Derek and Brady, there's things I like a lot about both guys," he said. "I don't think there's going to be a defined time on this. I think you have to go through it and make the right choice, not necessarily by 'X' date. It's much more important to me to let it play out and then make the best decision."

Doesn't sound that way:

INDIANAPOLIS -- General manager George Kokinis said Friday that the Cleveland Browns are in no hurry to get rid of Derek Anderson and were willing to let Anderson battle Brady Quinn for the starting quarterback job.

I can't wait until five years from now when someone creates the "Remember Lumbergh?" thread here. We'll all have a good laugh over all this.

Until then, just remember to take deep breaths...

I can't wait until five years from now when someone creates the "Remember Lumbergh?" thread here. We'll all have a good laugh over all this.

Until then, just remember to take deep breaths...

Oh yeah, I can see that now. Some other crazy poster will be on here and someone will be like "Man, this dude reminds me of that Lumbergh dude." Then someone will say "Who was Lumbergh?"

At that point there will be several answers such as:

"You know, the dude who loved DA so much he sang Air Supply lyrics about him?"

or

"The guy that hated Queen more than any man has ever hated another in the history of mankind."

or

"Leader of the real Beaver Nation, and not that kind of beaver."

You know what I find interesting about all this...

NO ONE is "speculating" that Quinn is up for trade.

Regardless of what happens with DA...Quinn is a Brown and isn't going anywhere.

Can DA handle the young up and comer breathin' down his neck for the next year???

Hum DA is 25 and BQ is 24. Think they are both young. And whether or not BQ is an up and comer will be determined this year when yes he WILL be the starter. I just find it funny that you come across like Da is a seasoned veteran and BQ is the new young blood.

I can agree that the Browns feel that DA is not the guy for this team. Hence why he needs to be traded. Not sure if BQ is the guy or not but he will get his shot.

You would not waste a pick on a QB in the first round this year because you still don't know what you have in BQ. See what he does this year and you will have as much of a sample size as you did with DA. If the defense improves and you get help from trading Da away you might not need a QB that can throw 29TDs and 3900 Yards, maybe you just need a QB that won't throw 17ints. Time will tell, but there is no doubt in my mind that BQ will get his shot at proving he is the man.

That we can probably agree on.

Oh yeah, I can see that now. Some other crazy poster will be on here and someone will be like "Man, this dude reminds me of that Lumbergh dude." Then someone will say "Who was Lumbergh?"

or

"The guy that hated Queen more than any man has ever hated another in the history of mankind."

or

LOL! While we're at it, Lummy reminds me of the kid with all the goofey questions on Leave it to Beaver.

Beaver: Hey dad - why does Derek Anderson always throw the ball to the opponents?

Mr Cleaver: Never mind that son - just look at the size of the clumsy QB's feet and quit being such a Quinn fag.

Mrs Cleaver: Ward, don't you think you're a little hard on the Beaver?

Mr Cleaver: Remember what I told you about shoe size son! (winking his eye at the youngest Cleaver)

Eddie Haskell: I told you he gets her REAL good Wally!

Speaking of Derek Anderson, Happy Belated Valentine's Day Loverboy!

- Tom F.

He's attached himself to a Pro-Bowl QB that plays for the Browns. What's your problem, and who's your guy?

roach (This Board is weird)

If the defense improves and you get help from trading Da away you might not need a QB that can throw 29TDs and 3900 Yards, maybe you just need a QB that won't throw 17ints. Time will tell, but there is no doubt in my mind that BQ will get his shot at proving he is the man.

How many TD's and INT's did DA throw in his last 16 starts? (18/17)

I base my views on the QB from what I watch in games. 11 of DA's TD's came in three games against Miami, Cincy, and St Louis. In those three games he threw 1 INT. So, in the other 12 starts in 2007 his TD to INT ratio was 18/16. Pedestrian.

The feeling that he's somehow getting a raw deal from many of us on the board amazes me.

EDIT: All this while posting the lowest passer rating in the NFL last year of any starter.

He's attached himself to a Pro-Bowl QB that plays for the Browns. What's your problem, and who's your guy?

roach (This Board is weird)

That's how you read this situation?

How many TD's and INT's did DA throw in his last 16 starts? (18/17)

I base my views on the QB from what I watch in games. 11 of DA's TD's came in three games against Miami, Cincy, and St Louis. In those three games he threw 1 INT. So, in the other 12 starts in 2007 his TD to INT ratio was 18/16. Pedestrian.

The feeling that he's somehow getting a raw deal from many of us on the board amazes me.

EDIT: All this while posting the lowest passer rating in the NFL last year of any starter.

If you're going to throw out stats for DA's last 16 games, you might as well throw out BQs stats for all his starts.... 2 TDs and @ 2 Ints in 3 starts... both TDs against the NFL's 30th ranked scoring defense.

Point being.... BQ's proved nothing yet. DA does not have great stats by any means, but at least he's played against a good mix of opponents.

If you're going to throw out stats for DA's last 16 games, you might as well throw out BQs stats for all his starts.... 2 TDs and @ 2 Ints in 3 starts... both TDs against the NFL's 30th ranked scoring defense.

Point being.... BQ's proved nothing yet. DA does not have great stats by any means, but at least he's played against a good mix of opponents.

Its hilarious when someone points out the ranking of the defense that BQ scored against, but totally ignores that a lot of DA's TDs came against defenses that were nearly as bad in 2007.

Was at the Pavlik vs. Rubio fight tonight in Youngstown at the Chevy Centre. Among the names of players I saw there were Ryan Tucker, Seth McKinney, Hank Fraley, Shawn Rogers, Brady Quinn, and GM George Kokinis was there.

Note: No DA to be found. I guess he doesn't care to be part of the team off the field.

or

or

That was one of the funniest posts ever man....classic

Its hilarious when someone points out the ranking of the defense that BQ scored against, but totally ignores that a lot of DA's TDs came against defenses that were nearly as bad in 2007.

Or how about the first game against Cincy when they played a straight sort of man coverage? That had to be one of the worst NFL defenses I've ever seen. Then, by the time the second game came around they were even injured, but this time they played the umbrella 3 look and DA handed over the playoffs to them with 4 picks and no scores with all kinds of great field position.

Or how about the first game against Cincy when they played a straight sort of man coverage? That had to be one of the worst NFL defenses I've ever seen. Then, by the time the second game came around they were even injured, but this time they played the umbrella 3 look and DA handed over the playoffs to them with 4 picks and no scores with all kinds of great field position.

2 of those picks to a rookie safety starting his 1st game thanks to injuries. His 2nd pick, came while defending K2 (6'5, 250) in the endzone. Oh yeah, Ndukwe is 6'1, 215 with his pads on.

(20 second timeout) How many rebounds did Muggsy Bogues ever nab while posting up on Hakeem Olajuwon?

Conclusion: Terrible decision + terribly thrown ball = No wildcard in 2007.

What I find amusing is that now that we want to trade him to the highest bidder. He does not suck "quite as bad" as during the season.... think about that.. I'm smiling just typing this. hahha

Well yea!!! He does not suck "quite as bad" ...BECAUSE he's not on the field throwing INT's. He's up for trade getting us some much needed talent. It's about time he did something good for this team.

Was at the Pavlik vs. Rubio fight tonight in Youngstown at the Chevy Centre. Among the names of players I saw there were Ryan Tucker, Seth McKinney, Hank Fraley, Shawn Rogers, Brady Quinn, and GM George Kokinis was there.

Note: No DA to be found. I guess he doesn't care to be part of the team off the field.

shouldnt Kokinis be at the combine?

shouldnt Kokinis be at the combine?

You were right. It was President Michael Keenan. I knew it was somebody, but I was mistaken as to who. After looking at their pictures on the internet it was definately Keenan.

I wonder why he was there with the players?

that's hilarious?

does not have great stats by any means........played against a good mix of opponents..........

whadyawant a Bat signal?

2 of those picks to a rookie safety starting his 1st game thanks to injuries. His 2nd pick, came while defending K2 (6'5, 250) in the endzone. Oh yeah, Ndukwe is 6'1, 215 with his pads on.

(20 second timeout) How many rebounds did Muggsy Bogues ever nab while posting up on Hakeem Olajuwon?

Conclusion: Terrible decision + terribly thrown ball = No wildcard in 2007.

winslow is 6'4" thank you.

You were right. It was President Michael Keenan. I knew it was somebody, but I was mistaken as to who. After looking at their pictures on the internet it was definately Keenan.

I wonder why he was there with the players?

cause fights are awesome?

Well yea!!! He does not suck "quite as bad" ...BECAUSE he's not on the field throwing INT's. He's up for trade getting us some much needed talent.

is he? maybe Rogers can fetch you those precious picks now instead.

It's about time he did something good for this team.

that's so fukked up.

Archived