THE BROWNS BOARD

... and Kubiak is going to Denver

Tour2ma

But it seems to me your position has been that many of the most successful teams actually suck, and their coaches suck except for the fact that they have a great quarterback.

Where are you getting that? Anyone can tell you that it is far far better for a good coach to have a good QB. Some good coaches can do pretty well without a great QB....but I would rather have the QB.

I suspect you are talking about BB and Brady......Yes, I would rather have Brady than BB.

That does not mean that BB sucks. If he had a decent QB, like he did here when he had Vinny he could coach a team to the playoffs likely.

But.....only because he has had a great QB has he done as well as he has....coached a team to the great heights that he has. In his career he has coached a team to the playoffs once when he did not have Brady at QB. That was the year here with Vinny.

So again why in the world when we want an offensive coordinator from a team that has a great quarterback? It would seem they had little or nothing to do with the success of the team, no?

You still have to have a system in place....ESPECIALLY if you DON"T have a great QB. The Browns don't....in case you didn't notice.

(so Pittsburgh Baltimore New England Denver Dallas New Orleans Seattle Green Bay Indianapolis etc should be the last place we look for OC.)

Maybe, maybe not.

WSS

I wasn't even thinking of Vinny. Just some of the arguments you make about ready be more important than the head coach and there for the rest of the team.

I do take the position that its the team first. But this particular conversation just has to do with what mud said about hiring coaches or players because of their association with a winning program. It would be like hiring Bill Wyman to play base and wondering why your band isn't as popular as the Rolling Stones.

WSS

I wasn't even thinking of Vinny. Just some of the arguments you make about ready be more important than the head coach and there for the rest of the team.

I do take the position that its the team first. But this particular conversation just has to do with what mud said about hiring coaches or players because of their association with a winning program. It would be like hiring Bill Wyman to play base and wondering why your band isn't as popular as the Rolling Stones.

WSS

I guess a good comparison could be Paul Brown and Otto Graham. Paul Brown.....a genius no doubt......but what did he do when he didn't have OG at QB? First 10 years.....10 Championship game appearances, 7 wins. Next 7 years....2 playoff appearances, no wins.

Believeland-- Go ahead Elway and Kubiak tell Peyton he's done. Manning's come's to C-Town and he is his own OC so we really don't need one. He can bring Case as a Advisor, and oh shit typing in my sleep again, so sorry B)

Archived