THE BROWNS BOARD

5 star recruit and #1 overall RB for 2016 commits to Ohio State

WalterWhite

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If he wasn't leaving Ohio State, you wouldn't have been in this thread... Kids change their commitments from just about every school in the nation, every year..

And...

Don't give a fuck if you believe it happened or not..

Again, guys fuck their buddies girlfriends all the time in every city in the country every day. Doesn't mean I have to like it. I'm allowed to think it's a dick move to commit to a team when they're winning a national title and then decommit the minute they don't look like world beaters anymore. It's nothing more than that. I don't give a shit how many stars he was given or where he ultimately plays.

Yeah I really doubt that first line. If you are taking it easy, then please start trying. We don't need more "Miami OH is as good of a school as Michigan" moments.

Miami OH, probably is as good a school as Michigan......I would rather have had my son or daughter go there than to Michigan....because I think they would have gotten an equal education in a better environment.

Look, yes I do take it easy on you. I mean.....the board admins take it easy on you.....Your screen name could be changed to Michicunt or something.

I'm sure they weren't happy losing the on the field success, but the state he left the program in wasn't the greatest.

OK, here is the deal.....are you not smart enough to do intercision responses, I am not going to try to guess what it is you are replying to.

It is really quite easy.....even a guy with a Michigan education should be able to do it.

I said concerns about sanctions. Read up on the state of the program near the end of his time there. It was a mess.

Really? Really? You think going back to Elway makes any difference?

In the decade before Harbaugh got to Stanford, they had 2 winning seasons. In the 5 years before he got there they had 0. A 14-31 record in those 5 years, 1-11 the year before he took over. None of that says Stanford was doing "fine". By his 4th season Harbaugh got Stanford to 12-1, the most wins they had in school history. He took a program that was trash, built them into contenders, and laid a framework for continued success.

Go look at the actual recent history of Stanford football. Look at the actual numbers. Don't do the typical old man Gipper "anecdotal evidence is all I need" reasoning. I realize your just taking blind swings to try to attach Harbaugh but come man, at least try to make sense.

Let's look at the 49ers. In the 8 years before Harbaugh gets there they have one 8-8 season. Nothing better. A 46-82 record. He takes them to 3 straight conference championship games and a super bowl. In his 4th year the front office starts getting antsy. The front office makes what is almost considered a universally bad move and gets rid of Harbuagh, they hire the DL coach as HC, and the team goes to hell.

An NFL team isn't a college team. You aren't really "building a program" as a result of all of the constant moving parts (unless you're the Patriots). Quotes from 49ers players show he was well liked. The front office there made a terrible decision and it blew up in their faces.

That's not a theory by NFL supporters, that was information thrown around during the search for his next job. It has nothing to do with being a Harbuagh supporter. It is well known a handful of teams really wanted him (Raiders), and it was assumed a few more did as well. It is a very reasonable statement to say that if he wanted to be in the NFL, he would be.

"It's a decision I basically made without a list, without a pros and cons approach, something that I've dreamed about -- felt it was time to live" - Jim Harbaugh on taking the Michigan job.

When asked if it was his 'dream job', "That's a catch-phrase. It doesn't resonate with me. People use it a lot. It's cliche."

I am going to guess that since Harbaugh was hire and has been at Michigan I've read more articles about him and the school than you have. I can guarantee you Harbaugh is fully immersed in Michigan. This is where he grew up. This is where he played. This is his home. If you want to compare him to Meyer saying OSU is his "dream job" and act like that makes Meyer better some how go ahead. Don't forget Meyer has also called Notre Dame is dream job...

You can say Harbaugh got fired to imply he did something wrong if you'd like, that doesn't make it true. The front office and him didn't get along, and they decided to go another direction... a bad direction. I have no doubt that Harbaugh is a hardass, but I'd take that "negative" over Meyer's... easily.

So you think it would have been fine for Meyer to go immediately back to coaching? He creates a team full of guys that got in trouble with the law and loses the locker room. He then has health issues or wants to spend time with his family, whichever sounds better. Then just months later he's back coaching at another school? Come on. Don't you see how bad that would have made him look?

On the surface, leaving a job to spend time with your family is not a bad thing. I never said it was. But it is kind of hard to see his motivations as completely pure.

There you go with the fired thing again. Leaving a team because you clash with the front office vs leaving a team because of the environment you created, I mean health problems. If that makes you feel like you're taking points from Harbaugh, go for it.

I wouldn't count on him to replace Pettine. I would bet a large sum of money he isn't going anywhere soon. Again, based on what I read that I am going to guess you don't. At the very least, he isn't going to leave before the job is done. He is way too competitive for that.

You "still think he can be a good coach"? What? He's been an excellent coach for a long time, where have you been?

I'm not going to build up a giant quote of multi colored responses. You're the only one that responds like that. They all line up and are on topic.

On the Miami, OH thing... all I can do by responding is make myself look bad. It would be like telling a child Santa isn't real. You come off as the bad guy. Miami, OH is a very good school, but it isn't Michigan. I could go into this further, but like I said, not much will be accomplished. I can't force you to change your mind, even if you're wrong.

After reading the following pages since this post it seems you are very familiar with recruiting so please, tell us, what school(s) and for what sport(s) were you recruited? And before you all snarky and ask. I received my first letter of interest from Ohio State my sophomore yr of HS in May of 73.. I was 15, and ready to commit to Marty's program..

Cysko, quit bashing this kid for de committing.. Having witnessed the process both first and second hand, I actually applaud the young man for having the stones to change his commitment knowing full well the grief he'd get from homers like you that don't know anything about his particular situation.. Kids change their commitments all the time.. It's not like he went down the isle with Urban, laid hands upon Bible and swore "till death do us part"... Then again, Urban has made a career out of changing his commitments so.....

None of us play in the NFL either, but we're all pretty familiar with it. None of us were drafted but we all follow the NFL draft. Etc etc etc. I follow Michigan recruiting and some of the big names nationally. I have for a few years. I have an idea for the general flow of things and I realize decommit all of the time, like you said.

I'm not going to build up a giant quote of multi colored responses. You're the only one that responds like that. They all line up and are on topic.

I am by no means the only one that does that.....in fact, nearly everyone but you does it that way. Sorry you don't have the intellect to carry it off.

On the Miami, OH thing... all I can do by responding is make myself look bad. It would be like telling a child Santa isn't real. You come off as the bad guy. Miami, OH is a very good school, but it isn't Michigan. I could go into this further, but like I said, not much will be accomplished. I can't force you to change your mind, even if you're wrong.

There is no right or wrong....only a matter of opinion.

I mean....look at it this way.....both schools have produced a mediocre President (Mich: Ford, Miami: Ben Harrison)

But Miami produced better football coaches: Woody, Bo, Weeb Ewbank, Ara Parseghian , Bill Arnsbarger and John Harbaugh.

So far, the only decent coach that I am aware of that was educated at Michigan is Jim Harbaugh. Please let us know if there was anyone else. (by that I mean....went to school at Mich....not coached there)

Of course. JT Barrett got drunk and drove and then tried to get out of it by saying he was the qb at ohio state. That's a bit of bad character. Adolphus Washington picked up hookers. That's a bit of bad character. Very few of these guys have actual good character. Very few. You guys want so desperately for me to say it has to do with him leaving ohio state when honestly I don't give a shit where he plays. It just rubs me the wrong way when anybody decommits.

Then you're probably not cut out to follow big time CFB.

What coaches were educated there? Why does that matter when determining how good of a school it is?

I mean I expected you to change to subject or back off... But this? What?

You bored me dude...and you couldn't perform a simple task....so I wasn't going to chasing after whatever thoughts you had in mind.

As for Miami and Michigan......all I was doing was turning this to the subject of football......and you still couldn't follow.

What quality coaches throughout history graduated from Michifuck.

By your non response I will surmise: few is any. (besides Harbaugh)

You changed the subject and then said I couldn't follow along. Original.

This is going no where. Same exact thing has happened in the past with you.

I really don't care what coaches went to Michigan. Good luck on a list.

I got it. You don't care about tradition. Going to Michigan, I can see why.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived