THE BROWNS BOARD

Shaq? For real?

LCDawgFan13

Guest Masters
Thank you for making my point for me. We don't ask him because he can't.

They don't ask cause they don't need him to. Plus Boobie plays better D at the 2G than Wally, so in the closing minutes Boobie sees the time. But that is sort of my point in the end. Your saying Wally can't hit the shots in the 4th, but there is nothing to back that up. He isn't even given the chance in the 4th that the others get.

I'd agree he isn't worth what he is paid, at least not for CLE. But that isn't really an issue since he is in the last year of his deal. What matters in the end is does he get his job on this team done. Thsi year, that is a big yes.

They don't ask cause they don't need him to. Plus Boobie plays better D at the 2G than Wally, so in the closing minutes Boobie sees the time. But that is sort of my point in the end. Your saying Wally can't hit the shots in the 4th, but there is nothing to back that up. He isn't even given the chance in the 4th that the others get.

I'd agree he isn't worth what he is paid, at least not for CLE. But that isn't really an issue since he is in the last year of his deal. What matters in the end is does he get his job on this team done. Thsi year, that is a big yes.

Point taken. Let's see if he can step up with everyone hurt. Hopefully we can see a hot Boobie in the playoffs again. Had to type it again, I didn't realize what I was typing the first time after I typed it. I was laughing out loud in my office.

Let's go Cavs!

• 2 weeks later...

What I see by looking at the stats is Shaq and Howard had relatively even games.

He did flop once...they just showed it on ESPN and it's getting attention because he specifically said before the game that he hopes the refs let them "bang around" and there's "no flopping."

That said, they had relatively even games. Howard was in foul trouble early, instead of GETTING his opponents in foul trouble. Makes a differerence...though they still won the game.

I'll quote Mike Tirico from just now ... "The Celtics are absolutely destroying the Cavaliers on the inside."

I called Leon Powe and Kendrick Perkins tough and smart, and was laughed at by someone claiming that they're soft wide-eyed youngsters just like Hickson.

I guess I was wrong saying Powe and Perkins, because Davis is a stud too. All three of them are smart, tough, championship type players and they're the ones laughing at Cleveland's interior right now. Points in the paint are 32-12 right now, and that's halftime.

Not sure what the final stats were, but they were pathetic. Powe, Davis, and Perkins combined for something like 40 points and 21 boards. And that's with Davis having been ejected half way through the game. And sans Garnett.

Guest Masters

If you really think CLE just lost to BOS because of toughness on the interior, well, that is what you get for listening to a genius like Tirico. I'll also continue to laugh at thinking Powe, Davis, and Perkins are really that good. But if I based all my reactions and comments solely to after CLE losses, I might have a distorted view as well.

Those that watched the Cavs vs. BOS game know CLE lost for three big reasons. One, CLE continued to settle for jump shots instead of taking the ball to the hoop. Second, they shot less than 50% from the field. Third, NO BALL movement. CLE was held to a total 17 AST for the whole game. Meanwhile BOS had 31. Hell, even Ellis Burks was going off Saturday at the spring training game about the same damn things.

If CLE isn't driving to the paint, they ain't gonna get points in the paint.

Yeah, Powe, Davis, and Perkins combined for 40pts and 21 boards. CLE 3, which is now Z, Varejao, and Joe Smth, combined for 34pts and 16 boards. So not really the discrepancy you are trying to make it out to be. Both teams were equal on the offensive glass and total rebounds.

Then of course there is the whole fact that neither team has won on the opponents home court for 14 straight games.

The game proved nothing at all.

Powe, Davis, Perkins, and really the whole BOS team sure didn't look all that great last night against ORL now did they. While CLE bounced back when playing back to back games to beat the Heat.

Archived