THE BROWNS BOARD

New OC again!

b86b

The one thing about Roman that the Browns will like is that he is a power run smash mouth type of offensive coach.....and I think, compared to the offensive gimmick guys, his philosophy is more along the same lines as Pettines

Roman and the 49ers were 11th in scoring for 2012 + 13 and almost in the SB......no one was bashing him(or them) then...then their O line took a crap and Kaepernic forgot how to play and, suddenly, he's crap?....I dont buy it...

In terms of football style, Id say he's a good fit for this team and division .....

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like the system Greg Roman runs. Smash mouth football but no idea why he would make a lateral move unless he is disgruntled after Harbaugh was forced out.

He's gone, they are getting a whole new coaching staff.

Defillipo is interesting, they pursued him last year someone must like him.

Zombo

The one thing about Roman that the Browns will like is that he is a power run smash mouth type of offensive coach.....and I think, compared to the offensive gimmick guys, his philosophy is more along the same lines as Pettines

Roman and the 49ers were 11th in scoring for 2012 + 13 and almost in the SB......no one was bashing him(or them) then...then their O line took a crap and Kaepernic forgot how to play and, suddenly, he's crap?....I dont buy it...

In terms of football style, Id say he's a good fit for this team and division .....

My wife is a huge 49ers fan and with the package I watched all but 3 of their games. They couldn't do anything in the second half of games and for me that suggests one team made halftime adjustments and on couldn't.

Trestman would be very good for this organization -- he will have somewhat of a short shelf life but his career is defined by coaxing great performances out of extraordinarily average QB's. He's out of Chicago because the organization is masochistically committed to Cutler.

Trestman at least has a track record, and a history with the Browns. He may not have all that short a shelf life either- look at LeBeau in Pittsburgh. Probably a case great OC, lousy HC- and no one could have done much with Cutler.

My wife is a huge 49ers fan and with the package I watched all but 3 of their games. They couldn't do anything in the second half of games and for me that suggests one team made halftime adjustments and on couldn't.

Yeah- based on some of those comments, no thanks to Roman.

I believe Trestman and Roman interviewed with us last year HC search with Farmer and Haslem. I still hope Weiss is a option, 3 good offensive minds. I favor the one that can pick the right talent to fix this.. Go Dawgs!!

Just read this tidbit I'd missed from a couple days ago. Seems like a rational analysis of the Shanny and Loggains departures.

http://www.cleveland.com/pluto/index.ssf/2015/01/why_is_kyle_shanahan_leaving_t.html#incart_related_stories

Just read this tidbit I'd missed from a couple days ago. Seems like a rational analysis of the Shanny and Loggains departures.

http://www.cleveland.com/pluto/index.ssf/2015/01/why_is_kyle_shanahan_leaving_t.html#incart_related_stories

Ya, I read that and thought it was good. Grossi is the anti-Mary Kay.

Zombo

Shanahan is a whiny bitch and has that reputation. If he had any brain at all he would have interviewed away for head coaching jobs and then left once he secured an offer. It would have looked far better on him professionally to leave due to an upward move as opposed to taking his ball and going home.

My prediction is it will be.....DeFilippo....

QB guru with lots of upside....limited experience, though I think this will limit his ego and create a more "workable" situation within the existing coaching staffs......and he has a history with Pettine, so he'll know what he's buyng, so to speak........

Really man? Making fun of disabled children? His daughter is autistic. Please do the world a favor and stick a gun in your mouth and pull the trigger.

I didn't know there was anything wrong with her when I posted the pictures. I'll take them down.

But you shouldn't tell that guy to blow his head off either, maybe he didn't know.

Zombo

My prediction is it will be.....DeFilippo....

QB guru with lots of upside....limited experience, though I think this will limit his ego and create a more "workable" situation within the existing coaching staffs......and he has a history with Pettine, so he'll know what he's buyng, so to speak........

I see this as being the most likely case as well.

Archived