THE BROWNS BOARD

New OC again!

b86b

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's an early article, which kind of takes me back to my memory of them seeming luke warm on him.....at the time, the Browns definitely weren't falling over themselves to hire him....

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000320589/article/kyle-shanahan-longshot-for-cleveland-browns-oc-job

Yeah Mud, I thought he was "settled for" too, as they wanted Kubiak first. For some reason I recall Shanny being "last guy available" and nobody chased after the RG3 Washington mess. Now he's suddenly a hot HC prospect? Of course the media was trying to put the Browns down in every way possible last year too, after the whole shake down Haslam did, putting a spin on Shanny's hiring as desperate.

Our best offense came with a dedicated FB infront of one of our RB's. Establishing the run than PA passes over the top. I don't want to see another west coast or read the fag option or whatever here in Cleveland. Play AFC North football.

I wondered what happened to the use of a FB. Even though we had two sub-par FBs, our best runs (and Manziel's best throw) were when a FB was in the lineup.

I miss this position and I really hope they bring in a good FB who can block, pick up short-yardage, and catch the ball. It really seems to be a necessity if you're going "ground and pound."

what are trestmans and Weiss's offensive philosophy? In any case we need to get back the O line coach that was here when Mangini was coaching.

In ways similar to what we have now. Trestman and Weiss both use a solid amount of 11 and 21 personnel, singleback with zone blocking.

I wonder if Josh McDaniel is homesick for Ohio after spending all that time in New England (OC/QB coach) No one knows Hoyer better than him (if we decide to keep him). Offer our first round pick from Buffalo and throw in Johnny Sideshow. Let him work with Hoyer and Shaw a couple years while we put together the few remaining pieces (OL/NT/Tall WR's) As for the "elite QB?" If you build it he will come.

GO BROWNS !

I wonder if Josh McDaniel is homesick for Ohio after spending all that time in New England (OC/QB coach) No one knows Hoyer better than him (if we decide to keep him). Offer our first round pick from Buffalo and throw in Johnny Sideshow. Let him work with Hoyer and Shaw a couple years while we put together the few remaining pieces (OL/NT/Tall WR's) As for the "elite QB?" If you build it he will come.

GO BROWNS !

This is easily the dumbest thing I have ever read.

Gruden wants to be the next John Madden.....a Super Bowl winning coach that goes on to a "Hall of Fame" announcing career. He is not in the market.....expecially not for an OC job. If he wanted anything he would take an HC job.

But how about this name: Brian Billick. SB winning coach......but he too seems to want to stay in broadcasting....and certainly would not want to be an OC.

Sorry- Billick has been called less flattering names- he's a condescending know-it-all prick.

I just read that if Kyle Shanahan gets the job as head coach in Buffalo he will make a deal to trade a draft pick to take Johnny Manziel with him.

Okay I didn't actually read it I heard it somewhere.

Okay I didn't actually really hear it anywhere, I just made it up.

Where do I get an application for beat reporter?

WSS

MKC school of rumor mongering, with no factual basis.

Shows a lack of class.

So he doesn't have the cutest family- except for the dog. & FWIW, me and dogs don't generally co exist very well- I've gotten bitten way too many times.

GO BROWNS !

McDaniels is poised to take over after BB retires.....which he will probably do when Brady retires....but that won't be for some while.

I like the system Greg Roman runs. Smash mouth football but no idea why he would make a lateral move unless he is disgruntled after Harbaugh was forced out.

Unless Kaep is truly that inept as a QB, you won't find a single Niner soul unhappy about Roman being gone.

If my family on the west coast is at all correct in their rantings, I'd pass on this one.

NFL.com reports Browns have interviews set with, 49ers Greg Roman, Raiders Al Saunders and John DeFilippo and Bears Marc Trestman.

Really? The Raiders' coaches? ... Because they obviously did such a good job (sarcasm) ... Sure, let's get rid of the 23rd ranked OC for the guy leading the 32nd ranked offense... Upgrade?

At least Roman had the 49ers ranked 20th.

And, Trestman had the Bears ranked 21st...

Archived