THE BROWNS BOARD

New OC again!

b86b

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Around and around we go. This team is a disaster. I can't figure out why anyone would want to coach here, yet alone play here. Total Dysfunction is an understatement. Laughing stock of the NFL

And yet you're still here asshat. Go jump on the bandwagon of another team. Maybe theres some room on the Panthers bandwagon for you.

It's not that big of deal. We need a QB before we worry about who the offensive coordinator is.

A little disappointed to see Shanny go just because this team needs continuity. Glad Loggains is gone. He obviously wasn't an asset judging by our QB's performance. I hope whatever new OC comes in runs a zone-blocking scheme for the running game because our OL is now best-suited for that.

And yet you're still here asshat. Go jump on the bandwagon of another team. Maybe theres some room on the Panthers bandwagon for you.

It's not that big of deal. We need a QB before we worry about who the offensive coordinator is.

Why am I an asshat? Take a step back and notice this is a recurring theme here.... but yet, people like yourself accept it as normal? What good do you think will come of the revolving door that we have? Am I wrong for being totally sick and disgusted of this team? If I speak my mind and voice my concern, I am told to jump to another team. Seriously? This team drafts the crappiest players every year, from the most opportune position. You honestly can say you have faith in what this team does? It's a disgrace man... YEAR after YEAR this team fails to make any kind of positive advancement. This team will only improve by drafting football players. Unfortunately, they take stabs in the dark instead of proven talent, and the gamble kicks them in the ass every single time. I'm glad you are satisfied and have your rose colored glasses on. The grass isn't greener in cleveland, it's been dormant for the last 7 years.

Why am I an asshat? Take a step back and notice this is a recurring theme here.... but yet, people like yourself accept it as normal? What good do you think will come of the revolving door that we have? Am I wrong for being totally sick and disgusted of this team? If I speak my mind and voice my concern, I am told to jump to another team. Seriously? This team drafts the crappiest players every year, from the most opportune position. You honestly can say you have faith in what this team does? It's a disgrace man... YEAR after YEAR this team fails to make any kind of positive advancement. This team will only improve by drafting football players. Unfortunately, they take stabs in the dark instead of proven talent, and the gamble kicks them in the ass every single time. I'm glad you are satisfied and have your rose colored glasses on. The grass isn't greener in cleveland, it's been dormant for the last 7 years.

Well, 7-9 is better than 4-12. And every pick the Browns made after the first round last year looks solid, as do the UDFA's they signed. You can't expect a team that's been losing for 15 years to go from 4-12 to 12-4 in one year. The Browns have serious team-culture issues that need to be changed and Pettine is the guy to do it. It's going to take a few years, but at least we are finally moving in the right direction.

Around and around we go. This team is a disaster. I can't figure out why anyone would want to coach here, yet alone play here. Total Dysfunction is an understatement. Laughing stock of the NFL

i'd hate to hear the way you talk about someone you like.

fucking schleprock.

dallas is looking for more bandwagon fans and hey, they're in the playoffs.

hurry, run!

Well, 7-9 is better than 4-12. And every pick the Browns made after the first round last year looks solid, as do the UDFA's they signed. You can't expect a team that's been losing for 15 years to go from 4-12 to 12-4 in one year. The Browns have serious team-culture issues that need to be changed and Pettine is the guy to do it. It's going to take a few years, but at least we are finally moving in the right direction.

^This.

It's been one year.

We improved.

On to Year Two...

Z

Trestman or Weiss would make me feel a bit better. Neither would blow up the run game or ZBS. Although the passing game would look a bit different.

Trestman has been a very successful OC in the past. Including with the Browns. How can any coach be any good with Jay Cutler.....plus a huge problem with Chicago this past year was one of the worst defenses going.....not Trestman's area.

His name is almost in the cowher league every time we have a coaching vacancy.

Gruden wants to be the next John Madden.....a Super Bowl winning coach that goes on to a "Hall of Fame" announcing career. He is not in the market.....expecially not for an OC job. If he wanted anything he would take an HC job.

But how about this name: Brian Billick. SB winning coach......but he too seems to want to stay in broadcasting....and certainly would not want to be an OC.

Yes, he did. Frittered it away with his insistence that he needed a "night" life more than a "day" job.

Well that might be the case. Still it's speculation and we have no idea what would have happened against Cincinnati if any other quarterback started that game. I'm assuming it would have ended the same.

WSS

Yes, he did. Frittered it away with his insistence that he needed a "night" life more than a "day" job.

Lol, well put.

Well that might be the case. Still it's speculation and we have no idea what would have happened against Cincinnati if any other quarterback started that game. I'm assuming it would have ended the same.

WSS

I'd think it's safe to say it would not have been a shutout if Hoyer had been in there. A field goal or two would've happened at the least. Speculation for ya but I do believe that.

Gruden wants to be the next John Madden.....a Super Bowl winning coach that goes on to a "Hall of Fame" announcing career. He is not in the market.....expecially not for an OC job. If he wanted anything he would take an HC job.

But how about this name: Brian Billick. SB winning coach......but he too seems to want to stay in broadcasting....and certainly would not want to be an OC.

I would guess everyone has their price but I don't see him coming back to be an OC. I've heard him say a bunch of times that he likes broadcasting a lot more than coaching since he never loses on Sunday and he's at home with his family a lot more.

I would guess everyone has their price but I don't see him coming back to be an OC. I've heard him say a bunch of times that he likes broadcasting a lot more than coaching since he never loses on Sunday and he's at home with his family a lot more.

Do you mean Billick or Gruden, or Cowher or Dungy or Jimmy Johnson, or Parcells or Ditka or Tom Flores or Barry Switzer....or all of them?

Former SB winning coaches that might want to get back in the saddle:

Mike Shanahan clearly

Mike Holmgren.....wasn't he sniffing around a job opening somewhere?

Oh well... next man up.

Agree with the search focusing on OC's with ZBS background. I liked the way it came together for us.

I do find it interesting that none of this stuff around Shanny and texts and such surfaced during the season. Seems like a positive.

Not so positive is Shanny sitting down with Haslam. I would have thought Pet had complete control over his staff.

Archived