THE BROWNS BOARD

Cardale Jones

WalterWhite

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Michigan has a coach and a bunch of decommits. They're on literally no one's radar right now. Keep dreaming.

They aren't on YOUR radar. Us looking for a coach and then getting Harbaugh got more national media coverage than OSU making it to the national championship game. We've had some decommits all from way earlier in the season. A lot of recruits are now expressing interest and a bunch of official visits are being set up. I'm going to say I understand more about what is going on their than you right now.

Harbaugh coached in the nfl. It's a good hire. He might even kind of be in Urban Meyers league. But a big name doesn't always pan out for the best. Until they're not anymore michigan is still a middling team. Ohio state has a great chance to be the first champion in the new era. So...

They aren't on YOUR radar. Us looking for a coach and then getting Harbaugh got more national media coverage than OSU making it to the national championship game. We've had some decommits all from way earlier in the season. A lot of recruits are now expressing interest and a bunch of official visits are being set up. I'm going to say I understand more about what is going on their than you right now.

This is some funny shit.

Harbaugh coached in the nfl. It's a good hire. He might even kind of be in Urban Meyers league. But a big name doesn't always pan out for the best. Until they're not anymore michigan is still a middling team. Ohio state has a great chance to be the first champion in the new era. So...

He turned Stanford from nothing into a 12 win team. He left the NFL with the 5th highest win percentage of all time. He played at Michigan and has a lot of ties here.

Nothing is guaranteed, but things are looking pretty positive.

I give Harbaugh 3 years. He's mentally not there.

It isn't so much mentally. Its Harbaugh and his over intensity border-lining on psychotic attitude during the game.

He's a prideful individual and the rumor is the 9'ers let him walk to UM with a year left on his contract so long as he didn't take a head coaching gig in the league.

You can bet your bottom dollar he has unfinished business in the NFL and the most M*chigan will be getting out of him is 3-4 years.

I mean, that's 3-4 years of some better/more disciplined play and no doubt better results. Whether that carries beyond Harbaugh's tenure is another matter entirely.

Fact is, M*chigan is not the destination job for Harbaugh. He knows it, I know, and a lot of UM fans deep down, know it as well.

Woody- you have your head in the sand. Or haven't been watching ESPN much lately. Michigan got it's two days of press time when Harbaugh signed on. Ohio State has been getting hourly reports on Sports Center ever since they beat Alabama. Hell, Oregon has gotten 50 times the press than Meecheegan.

Fact is, M*chigan is not the destination job for Harbaugh. He knows it, I know, and a lot of UM fans deep down, know it as well.

Thats kind of my take too.....just a temporary stop for Harbaugh....

And unlike Meyer, who just scored his lifetime dream job....

It isn't so much mentally. Its Harbaugh and his over intensity border-lining on psychotic attitude during the game.

He's a prideful individual and the rumor is the 9'ers let him walk to UM with a year left on his contract so long as he didn't take a head coaching gig in the league.

You can bet your bottom dollar he has unfinished business in the NFL and the most M*chigan will be getting out of him is 3-4 years.

I mean, that's 3-4 years of some better/more disciplined play and no doubt better results. Whether that carries beyond Harbaugh's tenure is another matter entirely.

Well, Harbaugh could have walked at any time, he would have just had to deal with the buyout. He really didn't need the 49ers permission for anything.

He also accepted the Michigan job about a week or so before the end of the NFL season, at least in principle. If he wanted to still be in the NFL, he could be. I'm sure he could have gotten offers from a dozen or so NFL teams. Before any of these talks could start though, he came home to Michigan.

There is no guarantee he doesn't go back to the NFL at some point. I get that. But there is no certainty he leaves after 3 or 4 years either.

Jones was reading D's... throwing into windows. That deep cross in the 2nd half was beautiful.

What he stepped in and did these last three games is unparalleled to my knowledge... (Gip?). At least in reality... Keanu Reeves in "The Replacements" was in the neighborhood.

Maybe the 2nd coming of Culpepper with even more talent?

Count me in...

Regardless of how long Harbaugh stays, he is going to fucking crush it while he's there. They are instantly a great team. Ohio state - mich will be the biggest game in college football again.

It always was. You are an OSU fan right?

WSS

Yeah, the OSU in Corvallis. I don't give a shit about Ohio State normally but I was flying buckeye flags across the state of Oregon all week. GO BUCKS. Ha ha FUCK THE DUCKS

And by the way don't draft Sean mannion. If you want a Mike Riley OSU qb go get MAtt Moore or DA. Sean mannion ain't in their class.

He's playing incredible but he needs to have one more season of college ball to exalt his status. If he keeps playing like this there's no doubt he'll be a high first round draft pick next year. Honestly what the hell does OSU do at QB next year though? Somebody has to transfer but I don't know who I'd prefer that to be.

Archived