THE BROWNS BOARD

No ‘magic bullet’ in Obama housing relief plan

hoorta

Please point to a single word in my post that would suggest the high cost of oil does not effect those who consume it. Holy shit.

you asked this right? then I posted this qoute from you:

I call BS. I don't think the cost of oil has such a steep (in)elasticity curve as you may think

those are not related?

this is all related to Choco who thinks that the middle east wars are unrelated to our current recession. I believe they are massively related and you called "bs" in the relation of fluxating energy prices due to instabilty we created in the middle east with Bush wars and rebuilding combined with dismantled oversight and regulation of energy traders outside of the U.S..

You think it was just credit? They have had that credit for 15+ years but the ability to artificially manipulate prices without repercussions were new from the enron loop hole that was created. Yes credit is killing them anyways now in lieu of regulation and oversight but unless that is reestablished to close that loop hole they will just do it again once credit is flowing again.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
you asked this right? then I posted this qoute from you:

I call BS. I don't think the cost of oil has such a steep (in)elasticity curve as you may think

those are not related?

this is all related to Choco who thinks that the middle east wars are unrelated to our current recession. I believe they are massively related and you called "bs" in the relation of fluxating energy prices due to instabilty we created in the middle east with Bush wars and rebuilding combined with dismantled oversight and regulation of energy traders outside of the U.S..

You think it was just credit? They have had that credit for 15+ years but the ability to artificially manipulate prices without repercussions were new from the enron loop hole that was created. Yes credit is killing them anyways now in lieu of regulation and oversight but unless that is reestablished to close that loop hole they will just do it again once credit is flowing again.

Yes they're related. But again, i was referring to what affects the price of oil not how that price of oil effects those at the pump (even though we saw those effects 1st hand) or anybody else who consumes the oil. Of course they are affected by a changing price in a product they consume.

My argument is that the price of oil is not as leveraged on the Iraq war as you would like to think. Which is why it was able to fall 50% in November while we are currently over there clusterfcuking our way through the desert. I'm saying that the 50% drop was the result of the commodities traders losing their play money to artifically manipulate the prices. Whether it's thanks to Enron or whomever, I don't care - it's still sticking it in our ass.

legacy i think we are actually on the same page. The traders utilizing free flowing credit were USING BS "tension" to artificially increase price of oil. The war was the perfect cover for any bs they were pulling thanks to the enron loophole they could artificially increase price by manipulating supply and use Iran/Iraq whatever to pull their crap.

We are not in combat mode with Iraq and Afghanistan is a NATO (supposable) led issue, Iran is not be handled by Bush and his cronies (notice the last news of them testing a nuclear facility and no spikes or rhetoric from Obama's admin) combined with Credit dried up and oil is not spiking insanely.

I think we can agree they are in general scumbags and criminals and the oil companies are also pretty much looters of the american consumer. Profits are still insane for exxon and their buddies.

legacy i think we are actually on the same page. The traders utilizing free flowing credit were USING BS "tension" to artificially increase price of oil. The war was the perfect cover for any bs they were pulling thanks to the enron loophole they could artificially increase price by manipulating supply and use Iran/Iraq whatever to pull their crap.

We are not in combat mode with Iraq and Afghanistan is a NATO (supposable) Who supposes that?? led issue, Iran is not be handled by Bush and his cronies (notice the last news of them testing a nuclear facility and no spikes or rhetoric from Obama's admin) No rhetoric because there aren't plans to resist Iranian nukes. combined with Credit dried up and oil is not spiking insanely.

I think we can agree they are in general scumbags and criminals and the oil companies are also pretty much looters of the american consumer. Profits are still insane for exxon and their buddies.

Is there some reason one should be angry about any US corporation making profit?

Seems like some would be overjoyed about the recent market losses.

WSS

good god steve you know we are not in ACTIVE occupation combat mode, we are still hunting and fighting from time to time but there is a massive difference.

I have zero problem with corps making money, energy just happens to be one of those NATIONAL SECURITY issue problems. price gouging and manipulation are still against federal and state laws. Do you have a problem with corps breaking laws brazenly?

good god steve you know we are not in ACTIVE occupation combat mode, we are still hunting and fighting from time to time but there is a massive difference.

What are you talking about?

I have zero problem with corps making money, energy just happens to be one of those NATIONAL SECURITY issue problems. price gouging and manipulation are still against federal and state laws. Do you have a problem with corps breaking laws brazenly?

Depends on the corporation and what laws you're crying about.

And whether or not I have a lot of that stock in my energy fund.

WSS

Archived