THE BROWNS BOARD

Question

The Gipper

Give credit where credit is due.. I believe it was 21-3 at one point and looking like it might be a blowout.. Credit OSU for coming back..

It was 21-6 and at that time Ohio state still had been outplaying baja. They were out gaining them by like 200 yards. Twice after nice drives we couldn't plug it in from inside their 5 (it was 1st and goal at the 1 the one time) and after 2 dominant defensive stances causing three and outs we had fumble on a nice run that set them up in nice position and gave them some momentum to work with. Also we had to battle bad calls all game long. We beat bama thoroughly from start to finish. Let's not pretend otherwise or get the idea they didn't.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also: dontre wilson, by far Ohio states speediest player, will be back for the championship. He's our most versatile player and arguable our biggest offensive threat (really hard to argue though after what zeke has been doing the last few games) the dude can play in the backfield, in the slot, out wide, run the ball, big threat in the short and deep passing game, catch balls in the back field, catch screens, return kicks. Dude is hell of an athlete and weapon we've been missing. So we're even going to be BETTER for the championship game. Just bought the plane tickets to Dallas this morning. So pumped

I'm not discrediting their performance, but Blake Sims and Lane Kiffin have to be kicking themselves today. It was a hell of a game and Meyer showed why he's one of the top 3 coaches in the country. I don't understand why Bama just abandoned the run though.

Because they got behind and became intimidated? Yes, they had happen to them what has happened to other opponents who have faced them.

Harbaugh broke his hand punching Jim Kelly in the Pie Hole, which is ok by me. Almost as cool as Jim Everett batting Jim Rome around for calling him Chrissy.

As far as coaching, Harbaugh took a team that what, Singletary couldn't win with and became a contender in one year? His ability to coach is not in question, and his 49 players spoke positively AFTER he left, when they didn't have to.

Beyond that, he will be the next Michigan coach to be a long term punching bag for OSU.

Archived