THE BROWNS BOARD

# 12 and # 19

bermeck08

So we are so deep in the D-line at such a high level that only a top 12 has a chance of upgrading that unit??? Rubin?

We can improve our O-line depth with later picks, but not our starters. Sure, late rounders can step in and start

My point is that our greater-est need after QB is O-line depth... but maybe it's greatest-er.

I guess my point is that we have needs at starting positions and we have needs in terms of depth....and I see O line as needing an upgrade in depth and some other positions as needing upgrades at starting positions.....

And I think using your highest picks to add depth and using lower picks to add starters is kind of backwards.....so, a 4th round DT or LB isn't likely to make this team, but a 4th round OL or WR project just might.....

So, in my little world, we could conceivably get a starting LB and DL in the first.....and improve both these groups talent and depth wise...

Then pick WR and OL in the 2nd-3rd rounds and still have a good chance of getting starters....meaning our first 4 picks have a good chance of HELPING us immediately....

But, If we reverse those picks, I see us getting more like 2 starters(wr/ol) and some DL & LB's that are about the same as we already have.....

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mud, we're arguing the same for the opposite line.

Bottom line...

I see Pet's D system not needing the talent level that the ZBS does to be successful... not D-line.

I see no comparison between O-line and D-line drop offs from starter to back-up. On the O-side it's a fall off of the 20th floor; on the D-side 2nd floor... 3rd floor tops.

If you add LBs to the argument, I'll argue it is greater than D-line, but still less than O-line.

Mud, we're arguing the same for the opposite line.

Bottom line...

I see Pet's D system not needing the talent level that the ZBS does to be successful... not D-line.

I see no comparison between O-line and D-line drop offs from starter to back-up. On the O-side it's a fall off of the 20th floor; on the D-side 2nd floor... 3rd floor tops.

If you add LBs to the argument, I'll argue it is greater than D-line, but still less than O-line.

Basically both lines need to be addressed. Defense (my lips/keyboard to Gods ears) that monster 3tech I crave to see and a quality swingman or two along the Oline.

Seymour isn't that and McQ can get doubled fucked at SeaWorld by Shamu for all I care.

Archived