THE BROWNS BOARD

***Official Browns @ Ravens Game Day Thread***

BrownsDawgPound

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Trade the entire draft away for Mariota.

My crystal ball tells me this might actually happen. Team starts 2-2 but Hoyer is just so-so. Crowd screams for Mariota. Coach listens to fans and decides to start him week 5. Then he will be fucking horrible (can't make NFL throws). Season tanks and all the QBs end up getting injured. Then coach gets fired, QB gets cut, etc, etc, etc...

Rinse and repeat...

Shaw will blame Shaw for today's loss. Too quick to tuck and run. Defense is too fast for a running QB at this level. Fumble due to jitters. A couple of bad passes under pressure at the end of the game. All will go away with experience. Shaw will make a great backup QB and still has potential to make it as a starter. Spurrier pulled him before halftime in his first start at South Carolina. Shaw never let that happen again.

"He did a great job - outstanding," left tackle Joe Thomas said. "I don't know if he took one snap with the No. 1 offense until this week. To come into a really difficult place to play against a really good defense, it just shows the type of person he is and that he's a quarterback who belongs in the NFL."

"It wasn't perfect...(But) he far exceeded everybody's expectations."

i thought he had a solid showing, considering the whole situation......certainly had good composure and looked like he belonged

Definitely, Mud. A much better summary than that by the effusive Joe Thomas.

Definitely, Mud. A much better summary than that by the effusive Joe Thomas.

And an example of what we were saying following JFF'S debut....that no matter how bad the rest of the team played, you can still tell if one player looks decent or looks like crap...and Shaw looked decent, while Jff looked like crap.

Archived