THE BROWNS BOARD

Yeah we are going to finish 7-9, but....

Tacosman

It's unfortunately not a 7-9 that indicates we are going places.

Looking at our 7 wins:

New Orleans- last second win over a 6-9 team. Not a good win.

Tennessee- 1 pt come from behind win against the worst team in the league. Such a win against the worst team in the league indicates we aren't very good either.

Pittsburgh- this was a very good performance of course

Oakland- played sluggish and struggled to pull away against one of leagues worst(at the time a team with zero wins)

Tampa bay- same thing

Cincinnati- 2nd very good performance of year

Atlanta- come from behind last second win against another team with a losing record

So only two games all year did we look like a high quality team in winning game. And some of the losses were pretty nasty, both in the opponent and the result.

This is a 7-9 team that looked amd had results more in line with a 5 win team. Still lots of rebuilding to do, and littl ral improvement from the previous years

Looking at our 7 wins:

Tennessee- 1 pt come from behind win against the worst team in the league. Such a win against the worst team in the league indicates we aren't very good either.

Oakland- played sluggish and struggled to pull away against one of leagues worst(at the time a team with zero wins)

Tampa bay- same thing

Atlanta- come from behind last second win against another team with a losing record

So only two games all year did we look like a high quality team in winning game. And some of the losses were pretty nasty, both in the opponent and the result.

This is a 7-9 team that looked amd had results more in line with a 5 win team. Still lots of rebuilding to do, and littl ral improvement from the previous years

1. What's this "we" business? You're a Manziel fan, not a Browns fan.

2. Even a five win team is an improvement over last season, you'd know this if you were a Browns fan.

3. How are people still complaining about marked improvement? Did people expect this team to go from four wins to Super Bowl champions with a rookie coach?

4. the bitching on this board is getting out of control. Change your tampon, Toxic shock syndrome is not a good thing.

1. What's this "we" business? You're a Manziel fan, not a Browns fan.

2. Even a five win team is an improvement over last season, you'd know this if you were a Browns fan.

3. How are people still complaining about marked improvement? Did people expect this team to go from four wins to Super Bowl champions with a rookie coach?

4. the bitching on this board is getting out of control. Change your tampon, Toxic shock syndrome is not a good thing.

^this.

man if being young means being a little bitch then i'm glad i'm 'old'.

fucking morons.

another doomsday thread. how many is this NOW and we have one game left to play?

After last year and then the May draft, I predicted about 7 or 8 wins. I like Pettine as a head coach and that ain't hay. If they have a good draft and address their needs accordingly, then look out.Barring injuries. I agree bringing back the players who know the system and this will be the first 2nd year coach in awhile. The winning will come.

This whole analysis of good and bad wins is theoretical bullshit. You can do this type of analysis on any team and get "good" and "bad" wins. A win is a win period. This team prior to being decimated with injuries was definitely able to compete at a high level. The stadium atmosphere was electric and it's the best we have had in a long time.

Yeah, it is a shit year....my post was sort of a response to those who think this team is of the quality that can compete now.

Next year is not now. FYI there were 4 games this year where you could honestly say the Browns weren't "competitive".

Look at that schedule next season. If this same level of play takes place next year we're in trouble.

All on paper at this point. Manning is starting to show his age. SF may be minus Harbaugh. Anyone have the winner of the NFC South with a losing record this year? Don't think so.

why is the younger generation so flippy floppy? one week the browns are killer , the defense is stacked and farmer and pettine are aces. next week everyone should be fired, our draft picks suck, another wasted year.

really?

if you little punks had any discipline in your life you'd know that changing loyalties and stances isn't as easy as changing your drawers. people know when you change your stance. your mom is the only one that knows when you change your drawers.

How_about_a_nice_big_cup_of_shut_the_fuc

If you can't see progress in the face of some very extensive key injuries and a key player pretty much missing for the year, then you just are not looking. I like where this team is headed under Pettine. Best chance the Browns have had since their return to actually become a team to reckon with despite any particular game. I expect to see some more moves in the off season and in the draft that strengthen areas of known weakness. If you ever thought any team just turned it around overnight without first finding all the building blocks for the long run, then you don't understand football.

Looking at our 7 wins:

Tampa bay- same thing

We were 7-6 starting a competent quarterback and we'd probably be 11-4 right now if we had a franchise quarterback.

Ben, Flacco, Luck, Cam ... four games we had won but couldn't finish and lost by one possession ... they had the franchise QB, we didn't.

We need a QB. If we had an excellent QB it would be amazing how gripes against our offensive line would quiet down.

Yes, our run defense sucked this year, but if we have a a Top Ten QB, and we're scoring 30 every week, teams aren't running on us, they are behind and passing into our strength ... the best secondary in the NFL.

We need a fucking QB.

I know they don't grow on trees, but after 16 years of this shit, and four first round attempts, you'd think we'd luck into one.

Zombo

If you can't see progress in the face of some very extensive key injuries and a key player pretty much missing for the year, then you just are not looking. I like where this team is headed under Pettine. Best chance the Browns have had since their return to actually become a team to reckon with despite any particular game. I expect to see some more moves in the off season and in the draft that strengthen areas of known weakness. If you ever thought any team just turned it around overnight without first finding all the building blocks for the long run, then you don't understand football.

Good stuff, Ag... it just doesn't fit TacoCasaba's narrative.

Regardless of the final record, it was an up & down year. In some ways the team exceeded expectations, while in other ways it disappointed. We talk about the defense but final drives cost us 4 games (including the last two). As for the offense, you have to score over 24 points to win games consistently and we didn't do that much in the second half of the season.

I hate to say it but it all hinges on QB's and early draft picks (esp 1st round). So while I think certain parts of our team are competitive, we will never get to the playoffs/Super Bowl without getting a franchise QB and hitting decent 1st round picks.

Owner demanding the pick of JF also doesn't help.

Congrats: You had ONE game of additional eyeballs on your team.

Hope it was worth it!

We'll never know how much Haslam had to do with the JFF pick- but with 20\20 hindsight- it reeks of a publicity stunt.

Ghoolie- who is rarely wrong in his predictions- has already labeled him Johnny "Bust", an dI'm not entirely hopeful about his chances either.

We'll never know how much Haslam had to do with the JFF pick- but with 20\20 hindsight- it reeks of a publicity stunt.

Ghoolie- who is rarely wrong in his predictions- has already labeled him Johnny "Bust", an dI'm not entirely hopeful about his chances either.

I think Hillbilly Haslam had evetything to do with.. Haslam is so hell bent on making a splash.. his Hillbilly ego couldn't help himself..He tried to "Out Jerrah", Jerrah himself.

the point is that even when we were 7-4(and its always convenient to pick peaks....why not say we are a 2-7 team minus one little stretch against bad teams?) when you look at the results it certainly didnt look, minus two games, like a good football team. Even during that 7-4 stretch there were bad losses to bad teams and very close wins over truly terrible teams. Thats not what a good football team looks like.

This is going to be a 7-9 team that, if you adjust for schedule, probably is more like a 5.5-6 win team. I dont see that as reason for optimism, especially since a 5.5-6 win team(if thats the current browns baseline) would be expected to win 4.5-5 games with next years schedule.

Taco that's what Browns fans do, rinse and repeat. Draft a few high picks, think this is the rebuilding year. Go 4-12, 5-11, 6-10 or 7-9 and realize the picks were bad. Blame the coaching staff for a poor performing team. Draft a few high picks, think this is the rebuilding year. Go 4-12, 5-11, 6-10 or 7-9 and realize the picks were bad. Blame the coaching staff for a poor performing team. Draft a few high picks, think this is the rebuilding year. Go 4-12, 5-11, 6-10 or 7-9 and realize the picks were bad. Blame the coaching staff for a poor performing team.

Meanwhile the stadiums packed, jerseys purchased and "next year" is the theme.

Archived